Welcome to Gaia! ::

nice!
but theres a comic already called Mars..
Rikku_16
nice!

Yeah I know sweatdrop dont know what it's a bout but I'll check it out. For now I just call it Marz Oo emphasis on the Z. As you can tell I have some problems with names, either they are already taken or I subconciously picked them up somewhere. But I dont think the names are that Important at this point.

Let me make a nice letter befor I put the stamp on it. wink
Rikku_16
nice!

Yeah I know...... sweatdrop As you can tell I have a problem with names either theyr'e already taken and I dont know about it or I subconciously pick them up and use them like the Dirty dozen I think..

But I dont think names are Important until I get further along in the process and build a better story.
josh a gogo
Rikku_16
nice!

Yeah I know...... sweatdrop As you can tell I have a problem with names either theyr'e already taken and I dont know about it or I subconciously pick them up and use them like the Dirty dozen I think..

But I dont think names are Important until I get further along in the process and build a better story.

I know what you mean. I'm terrible with names too. sweatdrop Either I can't think of anything decent at all, or I think "Hey, that'd make a good name! *writes it down*"..

..Only to find out that it's already been taken. sweatdrop If I ever finish my manga, I'll do a triple check on the internet to make sure that the name's not already been used. I don't wanna get sued, thankyou very much. >_>

By the way, your comic idea sound very interesting! Good luck with it! whee heart
Some of it makes me think on the Martian Manhunter, and the DC universe Mars, (Particularly the story line the used for the Justice League cartoon) but it did sound rather enjoyable.
it's not really my genre, I like sci-fi, but not as much war stories.
it's still interesting because the earthlings are invading mars, and not the other way around. it gives off a very strong message even if you don't like the story. ☻
m0cha
it's not really my genre, I like sci-fi, but not as much war stories.
it's still interesting because the earthlings are invading mars, and not the other way around. it gives off a very strong message even if you don't like the story. ☻

Only the beggining backstory is a war story, and I dont pay that much detail to it. They came to mars, they lost, martians raised and helped the surivers..simple enough. It may sound goofy but I want it to be a scifi spaghetti western. I think the two are compatable but still needs just the right execution to pull it off.

Plus I have to tip-toe on the details because it is a prequal spin off to another one of my scifi series. It all started as an explanation of what happened to one of the main character's father/grandfather (dont know yet), when he found a statue of him on mars. The sad thing is that I have to kill off the entire planet let alone my main characters eventualyso it fits in the universe of the story , but I guesse I shouldn't jump too much
ahead when I barly started.
Well, if you are on a block for names and the name you have is already taken, why not just look for alternatives to the specific word? Like, for example, the name of the Greek god of mars was Aries. Since the story has nothing to do with the actual god of mars, call it something like "Planet Aries". If you don't like that one alternative, you can search for more until you find something you do like. Since I noticed several Egyptian and Native American references, you could look to those cultures for ideas.
Good luck.
Btw, interesting combination of cultures.
I say to lay off of history introductions that take up more than two pages of the beginning.

Though this mainly has to do with personal conviction, I believe that baring everything in the beginning is one boring method of establishing the setting. I prefer to have the culture and history come up bit by bit during the story and having the conflict tie in with the history pieced together.

But that's just me. There's no strict rule stating that introductions are to be boring. But if the comic starts reading like a fancy textbook, chances are that readers will stop reading.
fanartist
I say to lay off of history introductions that take up more than two pages of the beginning.

Though this mainly has to do with personal conviction, I believe that baring everything in the beginning is one boring method of establishing the setting. I prefer to have the culture and history come up bit by bit during the story and having the conflict tie in with the history pieced together.

But that's just me. There's no strict rule stating that introductions are to be boring. But if the comic starts reading like a fancy textbook, chances are that readers will stop reading.
fanartist

yep I thought as much. My plan B was to let this information to slowly reveal itself to the main characters who have no Idea of what happened befor. I dont want to put them to sleep befor they get through the first chapter sweatdrop Thanks for your input guys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff