24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
What is the compensation?

Hunter

The Zorya
What is the compensation?

There is not presently any compensation. I imagine that once we get far enough along I'll pitch this project on Kickstarter to drum up a bit of funding, and it'd be amazing if we could eventually garner more funds through merchandising (which I would split with my partner). However, as touched upon in my first post, it'd probably be best if recognition, rather than money, was your motivation.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Sounds like a cool concept but I would be careful not to stray too close to existing series.

Anyway I'm an artist. Here's some samples of my work. If this does become a sensation then that's good for future business so if you like my work I'm in.

http://stacherabbit.deviantart.com/gallery/

Hunter

filigree hummingbird
Sounds like a cool concept but I would be careful not to stray too close to existing series.

Anyway I'm an artist. Here's some samples of my work. If this does become a sensation then that's good for future business so if you like my work I'm in.

Yes, I have absolutely no intention of copying the style of Homestuck, as I want this project to stand of its own merit. The last thing I want is people being able to say, "Wow, that's so much like X!", even if there's a compliment attached to it. I was inspired by it, yes, but I'm working on a unique presentation.

I'm not certain your style is quite what I'm looking for, unfortunately.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Temptress Alora
filigree hummingbird

Yes, I have absolutely no intention of copying the style of Homestuck, as I want this project to stand of its own merit. The last thing I want is people being able to say, "Wow, that's so much like X!", even if there's a compliment attached to it. I was inspired by it, yes, but I'm working on a unique presentation.

hmm well that's a pity. What style did you have in mind?

Hunter

filigree hummingbird
Temptress Alora
filigree hummingbird

I'm not 100% on that, yet. I'm waiting for something to smack me in the face, so to speak. I do have a pretty clear idea of how I want it to be set up, but I'm still up in the air as far as drawing style goes. At first I was thinking something cartoony or interpretable, since I liked that about Homestuck. But in the interest of standing apart and with my new clearer vision, I'm not sure I still want that.

Sparkly Prophet

9,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
well if you never do get smacked in the face please consider me a plan B

Temptress Alora
filigree hummingbird
Temptress Alora
filigree hummingbird

I'm not 100% on that, yet. I'm waiting for something to smack me in the face, so to speak. I do have a pretty clear idea of how I want it to be set up, but I'm still up in the air as far as drawing style goes. At first I was thinking something cartoony or interpretable, since I liked that about Homestuck. But in the interest of standing apart and with my new clearer vision, I'm not sure I still want that.

Hunter

filigree hummingbird
well if you never do get smacked in the face please consider me a plan B

Temptress Alora
filigree hummingbird
Temptress Alora
filigree hummingbird

I'll definitely keep you posted~

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
http://xmegantronx.deviantart.com/

I'm not sure if I'm interested completely yet or not. I have some questions if you're interested in my style

Hunter

XMegantronX

I'm not sure if I'm interested completely yet or not. I have some questions if you're interested in my style

Thank you for your interest!
Your style isn't quite it either, but I may be able to answer your questions regardless?

Dapper Genius

Temptress Alora
My title is borne neither from arrogance nor overconfidence. Rather, it is a goal. I've been reading Homestuck lately and got to rethinking a project I've had in mind for quite a while. I initially envisioned said project as a visual novel, but while reading the aforementioned comic something occurred to me: visual novels are so niche here in the States that even if it managed to become reasonably successful sales-wise or even well-known amongst the visual novel community, the medium would pretty much guarantee that it would never achieve mega hit status on the same scale. To me, money is nowhere near the most important factor. I want to one day see groups of cosplayers dedicated to my project. I want the fanfiction. I want the recognition. Hence this thread.

While I'd like to say that I'm a fairly talented writer, my drawing skills are all but non-existent. In order to bring this project to life, at minimum I will need a partner of the artistic persuasion. Ultimately, I would like to take a leaf out of Hussie's (that is, Homestuck's creator) book and incorporate cut-scenes and interactivity, two things I'd planned on including anyway. But, rather than my initially envisioned downloadable visual novel, I would like to present it in a more accessible, more acceptable online style. Mind, I don't want this to be perceived as a rip-off of Homestuck's style, I'm just sort of springboarding off of the idea. We'll present this in such a unique way as to be completely distinguishable.

To give a bit of an idea as to what the project's actually about, it's a multi-genre spanning adventure involving a boy by the name of Poe Belvedere who discovers an inherited ability to traverse alternate dimensions and separate universes. I imagine there being puzzles and unlockable content, hidden joke dimensions and stat raising. So many ideas spinning around in my head that I'd rather not clutter up the forum with all of them!

If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please don't hesitate to respond here or shoot me a PM!

what kind of art style are you looking for, realistic, cartoony, or anime? How do you see your main character? If I know I could try and create a sample for you. As soon as I find my tablet pen. burning_eyes

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Temptress Alora
XMegantronX

Thank you for your interest!
Your style isn't quite it either, but I may be able to answer your questions regardless?

I think someone may have beat me to it, but It would help if you browsed some art and post examples of something you're looking for. You've passed on 2 artists already with nearly opposite styles. It'll also help those who are versatile and work in more than one style.

Hunter

Hetalia Scotland
XMegantronX

To answer both of your questions, while I don't have anything ultra specific in mind I would like a bit of stylization. Nothing too "cartoony" and nothing too realistic. I'm not particularly interested in a generic anime style, either. Anime influenced is fine, but I guess I want something at least a tad bit unique.

Lucky Noob

You're asking someone to take a very unclear gamble here.

Tell me, what kind of planning have you done? Exactly what kind of medium are you looking to? Do you have a website or some spot on the internet that you plan to host this project? Do you know how to program, or are you also looking for a programmer? Do you know how to program Flash media to create interactive pages? How do you intend to spread the influence of this project?

How long are you willing to wait before it becomes a success? How many times are you willing to try?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff