Welcome to Gaia! ::

peahat
I think it's fine to update once a week, or even once every two weeks, as long as you story is compelling enough and your pages are beautiful enough that your readers are satisfied. The comic Lackadaisy only updates once a month or so, but it still has a ton of readership (:

Thanks for your input. c: I hope that'll be the case!
Hehe I love Lackadaisy.
BobTheDestroyer
First off, I like that you are using a traditional medium for the comic, and I applaud you for acknowledging that you still have a long ways to go and are open to critique.

With that said, the style is interesting and the muted colors fit well enough. However, I think you should work on the art more, stabilize the style. The coloring could be a little cleaner, and both of these are just things that will come to you with lots of practice and time. The more you do it, the better you will get, but be sure to draw from reference.

For the writing, I would not recommend hand-writing it. Unless you have ludicrously neat writing, it would be quicker and cleaner to type it out. This allows for you to have the art, put in dialogue, and not risk ruining the drawing or coloring should you mess up. So if anything, I would say go digital with the writing.

I don't care for the panel setup. It all looks crammed together because it has little to no boundaries between each picture. This can work in some events, but not in this case. It is mostly caused by the coloring, because those thing black borders can get lost easily. So my suggestion would be to put some sort of spacing between the panels, though thickness would have to be something you experiment with.

On a final note, I say push your blacks. Especially in the last panel of the last page, you can make that really dramatic if you have some really epic blacks in there.

Thanks for your comment! It was really helpful. I'll definitely keep all that in mind.
WitchanGurl
I like it. A lot. It's realistic but there's a clear style to it and you've managed to create the feeling that the characters have grown tired of the world through the fourth page and how it changes from a warm orangey pallete to grey and the ageing of the characters helps to show the time passing as well, as well as Myra's feelings to that other bloke. You've shown, rather than told which is basically the aim of comics and your writing doesn't overwhelm the images.

Personally I like the traditional media, it gives it a lovely quality and I can't quite put into words why I like it so much but it's lovely. Also, your hand lettering is clear and easy to read. You treat the text like art, working it into the images rather than having it stuck on top. Too often with digital media people rely on it to make their work look good and they're losing the knowledge about traditional media. You clearly know how to use your text and where to place it.

You clearly love what you're doing and I say, if you're happy with it, continue as you are. I would suggest building a buffer. You don't know what may come up and if you've got the pages already you don't need to worry about possibly missing an update. Plus it means you can put more time into the pages that you're working on before you have to post them.

Thank you so much!! I think I definitely will build a buffer.
keiiii
BobTheDestroyer
For the writing, I would not recommend hand-writing it. Unless you have ludicrously neat writing, it would be quicker and cleaner to type it out. This allows for you to have the art, put in dialogue, and not risk ruining the drawing or coloring should you mess up.

This is a good point. The lettering seems to be an integral part of the art here, though, so maybe she can hand write them digitally (i.e. using a tablet) ? That way, you could still change/improve teh dialogue without touching the coloring.

ooh, that's a good idea! I'll have to experiment with that.
AzeIine
BobTheDestroyer
First off, I like that you are using a traditional medium for the comic, and I applaud you for acknowledging that you still have a long ways to go and are open to critique.

With that said, the style is interesting and the muted colors fit well enough. However, I think you should work on the art more, stabilize the style. The coloring could be a little cleaner, and both of these are just things that will come to you with lots of practice and time. The more you do it, the better you will get, but be sure to draw from reference.

For the writing, I would not recommend hand-writing it. Unless you have ludicrously neat writing, it would be quicker and cleaner to type it out. This allows for you to have the art, put in dialogue, and not risk ruining the drawing or coloring should you mess up. So if anything, I would say go digital with the writing.

I don't care for the panel setup. It all looks crammed together because it has little to no boundaries between each picture. This can work in some events, but not in this case. It is mostly caused by the coloring, because those thing black borders can get lost easily. So my suggestion would be to put some sort of spacing between the panels, though thickness would have to be something you experiment with.

On a final note, I say push your blacks. Especially in the last panel of the last page, you can make that really dramatic if you have some really epic blacks in there.

Thanks for your comment! It was really helpful. I'll definitely keep all that in mind.

You're welcome. Good luck.

NlETZSCHE's Waifu

Adorable Magician

I really really like what you put up so far!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff