Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Im going to start to learn how to draw manga. Can you give my any tips that may help me ?

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
There are plenty of drawing tutorials on anime/manga in the Tutorial/Software/etc thread in the Art Discussion forum *coughcoughhinthint*
they have books that can help you learn and develop your own style. Try "How to draw anime and game characters" by Tadashi Ozawa. There's 5 volumes. Each one will teach you haow to draw hair, hands, clothes, faces and other stuff like eyes or mouths. And just practice.
Polykarbon.com

Good tutorial site. 3nodding
well for me I just try to copy the pics of the parts that I like from books in my mind and I always start with the eyes first then the face then hair and the rest
tip:start with easy manga then if you can make it look like the real thing then you should go on to the harder ones and dont forget the details on the clothes 4laugh
Mehken
they have books that can help you learn and develop your own style. Try "How to draw anime and game characters" by Tadashi Ozawa. There's 5 volumes. Each one will teach you haow to draw hair, hands, clothes, faces and other stuff like eyes or mouths. And just practice.

Or, if you want to save money you can always try just drawing from life. Leaen real anatomy ans the like, after that, it's suprisingly easy to stylaize that into comic form.
A couple of those books have some good advice about pacing and panneling, but don't just copy the way they tell you to draw. All it does is make you into a glorified copy machine.
Fire Lord II
Im going to start to learn how to draw manga. Can you give my any tips that may help me ?

1, constant practice...constantly drwing from real life. Practice proportion and perspective.

2, don't buy into the How to Draw Manga books. They pressume you know how to draw already (see, #1)

3, get a copy of Understanding Comics by Scott McCloud. It breaks down the theories on what's happening between the panel and frames...this is something that HtDManga books does NOT do. it's very useful, give it a chance even if it's NOT made in japan.

Regardless of what you do, you must practice real life, practice proportion and practide perspective.
Most people will tell you that you need to do life drawing, get books, etc.... And they're all right, definitely. smile

But my advice is to NEVER stop drawing. ^_^ Once a week is not enough. Draw all the time. Everywhere. Carry your sketch pad around like a security blanket. Draw when you're bored. Draw how you feel. Draw stuff you see on TV. Draw fanart. Doodle in class while the teacher/professor is talking about something boring! xd Don't make it a hobby. Make it an OBSESSION! Then you'll get really good really fast. ^_^
Well, so... do you draw already? Like, are you ok at realism? Cuz if so, it's an easy switch, just loosen up & have fun with the proportions & features. whee dun try to copy any one style, just play around until you find a way of drawing that feels comfortable, or looks good to you. -^__^- & what Spinoza said is very very true, if you're serious about it, draw all the time, & never go anywhere without a sketchbook/clipboard/folder/binder/whateveryou'recomfortablewith! Work hard on improving one area of your skills at a time (coloring, faces, fabric, hands..) & never give up. razz If you get stuck on something, take a break from your problem, & go back to work on it when you feel you can. biggrin
Seriosusly just draw. Maybe look at a couple of GOOD tutoriols, to get the basics down. Then from there practice, practice wait im forgetting something. Oh yeah PRACTICE! Then just do what comes natrual to ya.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff