Welcome to Gaia! ::

I decided to make comics but does any one know a sepical program that makes the comic boxs and speech bubbles for you? domokun
blambot.com has some psd files that you can download,

but I like to draw my own. :3
"Sepical"?...."Special"? Let's go on that assumption....

There is a very, very special and easy-to-use tool availiable to draw comic panels with....a rular. Perhaps you also have box, circle, and oval-drawing capacities on a computer art program? You might find those helpful, if you choose to go that route.
SkittlesxP
I decided to make comics but does any one know a sepical program that makes the comic boxs and speech bubbles for you? domokun

A ruler and circle template.
Short answer, no.

Long answer: The only comics-specific programs I know of are ComicWorks and ComicStudio, both made by Deleter, a Japanese company. I have an English version of ComicWorks, and while it's relatively easy to set up borders and word balloons, it's not super-automatic.

However, if you work with outline/vector oriented programs like Illustrator or CorelDraw, it is very easy to create simple geometric shapes like word balloons (an oval and a triangle welded together) and panel borders.

I usually create the art in a pixel-oriented program (such as Photoshop, or in my case, CorelPhotoPaint) then use a vector-based program to create the word balloons and text. I eventually layer the two together (a decent art program will be able to import one type of file into the other, especially if you're using two progrmas made by the same company (such as Illusrator and Photoshop, or CorelDraw and CorelPhotoPaint).

The other option (for word balloons at least) is to download one of the fonts that have pre-made word balloon shapes instead of letters, as was mentioned by m0cha.
You could try to use photoshop, but I really recommend you draw your own.
I think Microsoft Word actually has those bubbles in it in Auto Shapes. But I know PSP actually has them too.

I apologize for how rude everyone else seems to be here, but I have to say I agree that hand drawing the bubbles is actually a lot easier ^_^
SkittlesxP

http://www.deleter.com/cw_english/info-download.htm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces