Bat 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
White bubbles with black text in them would make this a bajillion times easier to read. I actually thought that dog part was interesting, but this is too hard for me to read, so I wouldn't. Sorry.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Tenko72
White bubbles with black text in them would make this a bajillion times easier to read. I actually thought that dog part was interesting, but this is too hard for me to read, so I wouldn't. Sorry.

wait what if i but a white shadow with my speech bubble
like in that new twilight graphic novel

or something like http://off-white.eu/comic

but mostly likely i'll go like this
http://moonsongwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4ih4dm

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Twilight like the vampire one? I can't read that one either. The gothic font was too hard to read, so I just put it back in the shelf and bought another book.

Off White's and Soldier's bubbles look fine to me, but if you do it like that, you'd have to be careful to make sure the BG didn't clash behind the bubble.

Good luck with this comic.

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Tenko72
Twilight like the vampire one? I can't read that one either. The gothic font was too hard to read, so I just put it back in the shelf and bought another book.

I wouldn't be so quick to write Twilight off in this case. The text within the graphic novel is something like Times New Roman, very easy to read.

So yeah, something like that could be used. As long as the words can be clearly made out, really there shouldn't be any problems in that area.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Cream Puffnut
Tenko72

I wouldn't be so quick to write Twilight off in this case. The text within the graphic novel is something like Times New Roman, very easy to read.

So yeah, something like that could be used. As long as the words can be clearly made out, really there shouldn't be any problems in that area.
I only remember reading the 1st one and the font was small, at odd angles at times, and wasn't all capitals. I believe you about the font name and that I just mis-remembered the style.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Tenko72

Off White's and Soldier's bubbles look fine to me, but if you do it like that, you'd have to be careful to make sure the BG didn't clash behind the bubble.

Good luck with this comic.

i'm writing the scripts now
and i also have a comic panel guide to choose the best ones
drawing then eventually coloring have to come last

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
STREAMING MARCH 24 2013 10AM EST
See Ya SOON

User Image

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think it would be helpful for you to limit yourself to black and white art (and text) while you get a feel for layout and panelling etc. The colours are really problematic for readability at the moment.

If you're determined to go full colour, I'd suggest very simple white speech bubbles and black text, no matter who is talking.

Good luck :3
Your art itself has some solid basis but as many have recommended, lay off the overly saturated colouring. Start practicing purely in b/w to learn about values, contrast, shadowvslight and all that jumbo before coming back to colouring.

I'm not going into speech bubbles because they are already addressed.

Familiar Friend

8,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
fantasytraveler
Quote:

so far my comics suck so much that some of the viewers think im a troll

Lol. xD
Generally I am a fan of black x white comics. This comic made me feel like my eyes exploded in the back of my head and all I saw was color. Really, it wasn't so bad.

I see promise here though, under all that color barrage. Kinda felt like one of those comics that was purposely breaking the traditional rules of comic making.

However, if you want to appeal to the general comic market the word balloons need to be fixed, with so much color going on we readers need to be able to have a visual break. Think of it as negative space to help balance the activity going on with the color and action.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff