Welcome to Gaia! ::

Best idea for third group/Works best with first two?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 8, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Groups 1 and 2 are decided-- I'm looking at possibilities for a third group of the same "age category" that would work well.

group 1: ... fairly well rounded at characters... working-togetherness, etc
Aoura = profile + siblings + some background
Irguines = profile + some background
Sifa = profile + some background
Comrey = profile + some background

group 2: ... getting there... they're a pretty dysfunctional group
Seiko = concept
Omewashi = profile + some background
Bota = concept
Dehale = profile + some background

group 3: ... going back and forth between three possible groups

choice 1: a group of rather timid characters that all do this band-together kind of dealie, and they huddle together lots for support- together they're all amazing, but separated, they're even worse off than group 1, who seemingly can handle things just as well separately as they can together (working on rounding this group out)
(f) Rishoo = concept + goth doll girl
(f) Rualo = concept + quiet, graceful, confident (whudevah)
(f) Eiphora = concept + has a twin sister *shrug*
(m) Shorulate = concept + whiny little boy

choice 2: This group sort of reflects the whole buddy-cop idea... while they're a group of 4, they tend to break into twos for most of their tasks.
(m) Dehiken = concept + short, white curly hair + butterfly motifs
(f) Saiongo = concept + playful swimmer + brown eyes (frogman tactics?)
(m) Rarsk = concept + shaved bald + under wraps like mummy (related to Comrey? lol)
(m) Bokone = concept + black hair, gentle orange + bishounen

choice 3: Entire group somehow manages to get through everything... somehow- always ill-prepared and stumbling... sorta like a group of Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter) or like a Hufflepuff team *laughs*
(f) Liso = concept purple hair, green eyes + misguided and airheaded
(f) Daicharo = concept + leggy and athletic but clumsy and halfbaked
(m) Antan = concept + missing sleep + overprotective mother
(m) Kern = concept + confused redhead stepchild =P

I'll probably keep at least one or two of these groups, 'cause I like the concepts but then again I may wind up throwing them all out...

A more expanded view would be:
Four main continent-powers based after each of the four natural elements. Each has its own distinct magical type- the nation of air being based on divine-clerics and priests (drawing on the power of deities)... the nation of earth being based on shamanistic rituals and witchcraft (communion with spirits and circle magick)... the nation of fire being based on alchemy and wizardy (learned or "book" magicks)... and lastly, the nation of water being based on raw sorcery (drawn from within).

Most of the story takes place in a city-state on a penisula in the earth country-- one famous (or infamous) as a city of privateers. The major difference between pirates and privateers is that pirates work for themselves whilst privateers tend to be nobles and their ilk working under the command of royalty (in this case, the current ruler of the earth kingdom).

In the last decade, the kingdom of fire (a corrupt expansionist beaurocratic empire) developed magical air ships and released limited information about them. Recently, the first air warships have appeared, greatly outclassing all the smaller merchant-vessels that currently exist. It is whispered that the pirate air-vessels are owned (or controlled) by the kingdom of fire, but no proof can be found.
The royal privateers of the nation of earth have developed the first of their own air-warships to capture & defend other vessels when the city-state is ruthlessly assaulted from the air by uncouth pirate vessels.

The story would begin about here.

Similar to both the anime Naruto, and the Harry Potter series-- children of noble family/lineage/potential are admitted to an academy where they are trained to work in four-man squads, learning to rely on each other and treat one another as integral members of an elite force. Ideally, each squad has a warrior, a rogue, an offensive caster, and a defensive caster.

The main character's name is Aoura, an eleven-year-old girl recently admitted to the academy to begin training. She acts as the rogue and leader of her squad and specializes in speed and stealth and bluffing and diplomacy. Irguines, the group's offensive caster, specializes in transfiguration (mainly himself) into powerful shaman-hybrid-animal forms that he attacks or scouts as. Sifa, the warrior of the group, is a proud tomboy who, not unlike Aoura, specializes in fast, graceful attacks. Comrey is the group's defensive caster. S/He is of a rather indeterminable gender and disposition, but has no trouble keeping quiet and hidden, providing defensive fire and support, or invaluable tactical advice.

The following people I have expressed interest and I have spoken to/have come to me.

<b>Writers:</b>
Jenx
*Dither (kinda)

<b>Illustrators:</b>

Influences: (Combining various elements from the following lists of random sorted stuff might help you get an idea of where I'm coming from with the basis of the story)

<u>Anime:</u>
Naruto
One Piece
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Trigun

<u>Other TV:</u>
Stargate SG-1
Six Feet Under
Dark Angel
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

<u>Movies:</u>
Mad Max - Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings

<u>Books/Authors:</u>
Neil Gaimen: Stardust, Neverwhere, American Gods, Sandman Series
Terry Pratchett: Discworld Series
J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter Series
H.P. Lovecraft: Call of Cthulhu

<u>Games:</u>
Curse of Monkey Island
Dungeons & Dragons
Final Fantasy Series
Guilty Gear XX

Zira Angel's Significant Otter

Obsessive Lover

Wow. Wow. I'd love to help. I'm a writer and illustrator, but I don't have any of the equipment to put pictures online, or make them on a computor.

Here's a sample of my writing
Erynn: *he is lying in bed, awake. He sighs and gets up* I am never going to get to sleep now. *he goes and stands by the window, sees Dreia in the stars*
*his shoulder angel and devil appear on the sill*
Angel: You’re totally in love with her, you know that.
Devil: Did you see the size of her tits?
Angel: She’s better than your perfect woman, because she’s real. And you know that.
Devil: I’m serious, she was at least a D-cup.
Angel: You want to cherish, love, and hold her for all eternity.
Devil: I’d like to get ahold of those jugs.
Erynn: You’re right. I want to be with her forever, and I want to shag her senseless.
Angel and Devil: So you know what you have to do, right?
Erynn: Yep.
All Three: Both.
BatNeko
Wow. Wow. I'd love to help. I'm a writer and illustrator, but I don't have any of the equipment to put pictures online, or make them on a computor.

Not having the tools to upload pictures is definitely an obstacle that'll need to be overcome at some point if you want to illustrate. For the time being though, I'm impressed by the little-talk-y thing... do you have examples of your writing online? Fanfiction/Fictionpress and the like?

Other questions are: whereabouts in the world are you situated? Important for knowing when you'd be available to contact directly via AIM and such. Also... how available exactly are you for doing stuff? DO you have a fairly open schedule? And lastly... do you write on anything like a regular basis? If you update daily an online journal or something... that's fantastic, just as long as you're constantly writing. (Or an offline journal... random freewriting is a great habit to have and is almost essential to consistently good writing)
Evening Friend,
I'd like to work on this project with you, so please feel free to tell me more about this under taking of yours, I'm a writer by the way.
In addition to what I've mentioned before (the approximate time setting) the idea can be easily described as a combination of some aspects of Naruto and One Piece added together. (With a healthy dose of Pirates of the Caribbean) -also, if I'd seen more of Last Exile, it might compare to that as well.

A flourishing city-state of privateers (similar to pirates but different) grows and evolves with the changing times. There are four (minimum) distinct continents/cultures, one for each of the natural elements- air, earth, fire, and water, with a different brand of magic distinct to its culture. Air... Clerics. Earth... Shamans/Witches. Fire... alchemists/wizards. Water... sorcerers.

A majority of the story would center around the privateers and the nation of earth that they belong to. Privateers, as opposed to pirates, specifically seize ships/cargo/prisoners under orders. They tend to be of nobility and they work for royalty... unlike pirates who work for themselves.

The earth nation comes into conflict a lot with the nation of fire (with its wizards and alchemy XP) because of the newly-developed magic-steam engine-powered flying ships. (Yay! Air ships!)

Hope that helps, and I hope that makes it more interesting to people who might not have considered before.
btw- the best way to get my attention is with a PM, an e-mail, or an Instant Message. I don't check Gaia all that often, and it's a wonder I remembered to check here for interested peoples. ^.^;;
SO everyone knows, I'm still looking for writers and illustrators- especially the latter.

Okay, so... borrowing from Naruto in this case (at least for starters...) when children of the promising-privateer generally-above-peasent class get to be about age 11, they enter an academy where they learn to work in teams of four... warrior/rogue/attack-mage/healer (some experience with D&D would definitely help there =P)

(there's magic in them 4's =P)

The main character I view as a steadfast female youth (with both her parents alive, mind you... perhaps seperated and she lives with mother & stepfather?) that acts as the rogue and leader of her group.

oh and um... *bump*
I'll join check out my posts.
Wild_One
I'll join check out my posts.

Writer then, eh? I scanned your posts through your profile. Have you done any outside-RP work? Or do you just write in RP?
Well I'm only fourteen... But if you need help I'll illistrate for you, I suppose, I usually do oekaki, but I could get hand drawn work on too. But none are on my DevArt page.

I can usually only sketch in pencil, or pen. But I can try to color that too. If it is an oekaki I will definiatly color it. In pencil, it is usually just grayscale.

DevArt Page

As for writing, you can skim my posts right here, I change depending on how long it is, I haven't really written other things outside of an rp though. I did write my own, but it kind of died if you wan the link to that to check it out too.

Leben der Illusion
I don't suppose you have access to a scanner? Do you have other art online anywhere?
No, I don't have a scanner at my house, but I have connections. I could get something soon. In the next week maybe, if I have time to go get something scanned by someone. The only other art I have online is at oekaki boards.
If anyone who's replied to this and is still interested can help me find an artist/a couple of artists that might be interested? (I'll PM this message as well) At least ... two? I'm thinking, dedicated artists with scanners. *Nervous laugh*
I can draw... *points at her sig* But I always have to borrow my friend's scanner when I put things up... she draws too! X3 *nods nods* I don't know if that helps any ^^;;
More information is now available in the first post, which should provide most interesting. ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff