+ 1 100.0% [ 770 ]
Total Votes:[ 770 ]

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Emihaumut
Oooh, nice! Though, I'm not that big a Morisson fan myself. He does some really weird stuff with batman, some good some not. Gaiman's good, though I've read more of his novels than I have comics (I really do need to reread Sandman one day).

I'm really jealous of that comic program though. *____* The art program at my school sucks too hard, but then again, I don't go to an art school or anything remotely close.

Heh, I feel like we've tried all the ways you mentioned for writing scripts.

The teacher I had was trying to get it to spread to other schools. It's becoming more popular every year though; and considering all the comic movies that are coming out, I think it's going to spread like wildfire.

I don't know much about Morrison, I only read through some world-altering trades, and collect the comics of the characters I'm interested in.
I loves Gaiman!!!! XD
I don't read the novels, I read the comics and short stories like Stardust. I was happy with the movie they made. smile
The movie Mirrormask blew my mind! They had McKean work on the visual look of the film. It's awesome. I have the Sandman series downloaded. I read through them every-now-and-then.
The novels I read are mostly just Thomas Harris (the Hannibal series); They're way better than the movies though.

But as far as the writing styles go, I took a class on that too (was part of the program) he had us write a oneshot issue using an established character from a comic. We also read about story construction, read some interviews with some really good writers like Gaiman, Todd McFarline, and Bendes. The course was really new though, and not the best as far as pacing and stuff, but had a good base of information on writing.

I'm not the best at writing, I used to take notes on stories I thought up when I was younger, but they're all cheese. lol.

The most recent stories I had to outline for "Publishing for the Comicbook Industry" and a "Comics Creation" class; one is a fantasy adventure, another is a sci-fi action/mystery, and the last is a cheesy story about a silly superhero I made up... lol. That's the one that is on my DA. "The Adventures of Dr.Mysterious" it's not that goof though (I was a real noob with computer art, and still trying to find the best way to use the programs).

Do you do a lot of writing? or drawing? 3nodding
Jiigoku

Oh man, I love Stardust sooooo much. I own the illustrated book, and if I ever see the dvd/blu ray at a store, I'll probably buy it. I think it's one of the few stories that actually have a good movie adaptation. The movie is pretty different from the book, but it works really well still. I should look into Mirrormask.

But wow, the comic courses sound amazing. It's things like this that make me regret not being an art major. :'<

I do a lot of drawing, but I do dabble in writing. I'm trying to start my own webcomic, Rynspyr, but it's going pretty slow. I have the first chapter written (with much help from Chanted as one of my betas), and like 4 pages pencilled. @.@ My one claim to fame for this group is that at some point or another, I've held all the positions in the studio, lol. Not that that's necessarily a good thing.

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Emihaumut
Jiigoku

Oh man, I love Stardust sooooo much. I own the illustrated book, and if I ever see the dvd/blu ray at a store, I'll probably buy it. I think it's one of the few stories that actually have a good movie adaptation. The movie is pretty different from the book, but it works really well still. I should look into Mirrormask.

But wow, the comic courses sound amazing. It's things like this that make me regret not being an art major. :'<

I do a lot of drawing, but I do dabble in writing. I'm trying to start my own webcomic, Rynspyr, but it's going pretty slow. I have the first chapter written (with much help from Chanted as one of my betas), and like 4 pages pencilled. @.@ My one claim to fame for this group is that at some point or another, I've held all the positions in the studio, lol. Not that that's necessarily a good thing.

It's good, because you've got experience form it. XD I haven't done anything really, this would be my first real project with other people (if I'm accepted).
I finished the page just now. Is it okay if I use photobucket? it scales it down a bit.

Being an art major is okay. But you get reminded a lot that if you're not unique enough, determined, quick, and good, you won't make it... crying I have been shown up plenty of times in my classes. I'm getting the speed down though. 3nodding
Jiigoku
Emihaumut
Jiigoku

It's good, because you've got experience form it. XD I haven't done anything really, this would be my first real project with other people (if I'm accepted).
I finished the page just now. Is it okay if I use photobucket? it scales it down a bit.

Being an art major is okay. But you get reminded a lot that if you're not unique enough, determined, quick, and good, you won't make it... crying I have been shown up plenty of times in my classes. I'm getting the speed down though. 3nodding
I think it's good that you're not the best in the class all the time; it gives you something to strive towards. smile

Perfectly fine to use photobucket. I can't wait to see it. biggrin

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Emihaumut
Jiigoku
Emihaumut
Jiigoku

I think it's good that you're not the best in the class all the time; it gives you something to strive towards. smile

Perfectly fine to use photobucket. I can't wait to see it. biggrin

**woot** Submitted... you can also see it here .
OOH~ I hope it's good enough. User Image

Friendly Genius

Jiigoku
**woot** Submitted... you can also see it here .
OOH~ I hope it's good enough. User Image

I'd give that a pass XD Welcome to our newest member of the studio, Jiigoku! 3nodding

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Eloquent Explorer

Haha XD I like the Spongebob one.

Stardust! Now there's an awesome story. I have to admit I like the film more because I'm a sucker for a happy ending (also, the ghosts of the seven brothers and Captain Shakespeare are hilarious xD) but the book explains some things that aren't made as clear in the film. Also I like how Victoria isn't actually a total b***h in the book, though it's fun seeing her and the pretty-boy get their come-uppance in the film x3 As always, films love to show us the underdog telling the rich and famous to shove it.

Friendly Genius

Where did all the chat go? sad

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Friendly Genius

I see you there, Jiigoku XD

Demonic Cat

15,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100