Welcome to Gaia! ::

OCC: I'm sorry. I've been exceedling busy-getting ready for University, it's the school thing. *bites nails*.

Good thing that sheild comes down when she she sleeps. I'm not sure I could have resisted the temptation to baracade you in there if you'd outlined the door in glowing light. razz As it is, the night passes without incident.

In any case, it's morning. Elgen is still missing. Sanjza is back in working order, more or less. Do either of you have a plan?

(I hope you do. Sanjza might be in working order, but Elgen isn't.)
OOC: I am such a liar. I said I'm ready when you are and then I disappear for a week.

But, as I'm sure you can guess, especially since Daelik's in the same boat, it's school.

She's been up for nearly half an hour now, and is standing over the sleeping half-elf. "Miss Aeronwen, please get up now." She was frowning; asking someone--and so politely, for that matter--to be awake seemed beneath her.

She unfolds her arms after a moment and kneels down. "He didn't come, did he?" Her voice was much less short than it had been before, and she might have even looked the slightest bit concerned.

"Come now, Miss Aeronwen. I need my sword back."
areja
OOC: I am such a liar. I said I'm ready when you are and then I disappear for a week.

But, as I'm sure you can guess, especially since Daelik's in the same boat, it's school.

OOC: No worries, areja. We love you anyway.^^ I don't have any real plan...do you? Search for Elgen, now that we're both rested?

Aeronwen groaned softly, the cold rock digging into her cheek. Light filtered into the cavern where she lay, but she hardly noticed it.

"Come now, Miss Aeronwen. I need my sword back," said a voice urgently, yet somewhat more...gentle than Aeronwen was used to. Wait!

The half-elf jerked awake, bolting into an upright position. She glanced around wildly before her pale eyes came to rest on Sanzja's face. She quickly averted her gaze. "Sorry," she murmured, feeling intensely guilty for having fallen asleep when she was supposed to be keeping watch.

Aeronwen slowly got to her feet, brushing herself off and straightening her rumpled cloak. "Your sword?" she repeated uncertainly, looking at the cold fire. She was about to suggest that they build the fire back up and eat first, but something in Sanzja's voice told her this couldn't wait. And, though she hated to admit it, she was concerned about Elgen as well. "Yes," she said quietly, looking from Sanzja to the entrance of the cave. "Perhaps that would be best."

OOC: sorry, edited...didn't like what I had before. It wasn't very in-character... stare
OCC: I think I may have missed my cue to post. xd If you have anything else you want to do before you start searching, you can still post it., but I'd like to know how you intend to start the search?

Go back to town? Backtrack to the mine so you can pick up Elgen's tracks? Try and muddle through the forest, even though you have no wilderness training to speak of? They are looking for you. razz
((Probably backtrack to the mine, and if they can't figure out anything from there, they'd go to town...But should probably wait until we hear from areja.))
I think we should just put this thing out of its misery.
OOC: I still think it's all right to keep playing... absences are frustrating, I know. But I won't mind posting one more time, and trying to pick up the pace. If not, okay.

I do suggest they back track to the mine, but of course, for Sanzja's sword. However, were they to come across anything, she'd merely be armed with a knife (...for fruit).

"Indeed."
She promised herself, far into the land of idleness she had so recently been priveleged to visit, that were the horse still there, she might name it.

Standing beside the cheerful mare, she rubbed her chin and thought. "Well, Hadjir, I don't suppose I'll be stubborn enough to walk this time." At his urging, she, with a smile, climbed into the saddle, and looked to her remaining companion. "The mines, and let's not worry for enemies, I've no magic but a paring knife." She realized she sounded ridiculous. A sense of humor, was it? Or perhaps overconfidence. "It'll do."
((Hrm? I thought she'd lost her sword in the mine. sweatdrop ))

Aeronwen smiled as Sanzja, at full health, swung up onto her horse's back before expressing her concerns about her weaponry.

"Not to worry," the half-elf reassured her confidently, mounting Ashtoreth. She smiled warmly as she turned her horse down the path they had followed from the mine last night, Sanzja behind her. "You should realize by now that I am not one to go searching for fights."

((I think we should keep it going. With only three people, it's kind of silly to think there won't ever be long absences, especially with all of us attending school.))
(( Certainly, but most recently, I've had no real excuses.

However, my house (well, not all of it of course) is currently being powered by a generator; I live in Pensacola, Florida, where the east side of hurricane Ivan just ravaged through. Our city is in ruins. Expect delays, but I will be posting as long as I can help it.

Sanzja did lose her sword in the mine. She knows that, as well as how stupid it would be to waltz in squinting around for it; she just needs the time to change her mind about her decision. ))

"Yes, of course," she said without steering the comment with any sort of biting nor complimentary tone.

Before taking any sudden course of action, she inclined her head slightly to the diagonal Aeronwen was riding. "Lead the way, then, and quickly."
Always with the orders...Aeronwen gave a small sigh as she led the way down the slope, carefully picking out the safest way. Truly, there was no real reason to hurry - if there was anyone coming along their path, Aeronwen would hear them early enough that they could hide easily and effectively. She just wondered if the creatures had returned to the mine by now, and if they were swarming all over it. It seemed that they had been imprisoned behind that door when they had entered.

And what had become of Elgen? She shook her head. Surely she didn't need to worry about him - he was a Githyanki, an experienced warrior, and undeserving of her pity. So why was she so anxious about his safety? Aeronwen stewed in her thoughts as they came closer and closer to the mine.
... On the contrary, things just simply couldn't be much worse. Pleasure and all, but I'm taking my leave.
areja
... On the contrary, things just simply couldn't be much worse. Pleasure and all, but I'm taking my leave.

Alas. Well, it looks like if I stay, then I'll have to role-play with myself. It was fun while it lasted, you two! I really enjoyed role-playing with you. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff