Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hello,
Recently I have gotten back into writing again. I have always found it a great idea when I do collabs, that way the writing pressure isn't all on me. Especially since when it is like that, I usually don't end up finishing any of my works. I enjoy writing dystopian stories, or anything 'fantasy' in general. I'm fine with adding realistic things into my writing and doing research for it if we're using a particular place/time period. Also, I prefer doing my writing on Google docs that way we can both edit at the same time, as well as have access to Skype for brainstorming(doesn't have to be video chat always). Anyways, if you'd be interested in writing a short-story or even a novel, let me know. I'd be ecstatic to write with you!

Ps...If you want, let me know what you like writing and include some examples. smile

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I would love to do a dystopian society!

I mostly write fantasy, I do have one sci fi in the works and another in starting creation. I have one thats real fiction, or whatever the term for it is.

My laptop will not do skype though. I launch it and the laptop runs away screaming. However, I do use google docs.

Examples:

I have a secret. A secret I have told no one. A secret I will tell as the tale itself emerges. I have two journals. In one, I will write my life in this world. The other, will hold my adventures on the other world. That’s right, I said other world. I am not from this world. I do not belong in the other. I have no place to call my own. No heritage to claim. No path to follow. So, I will forge my own path. I will create my own heritage. I will make a home to call my own, whether in this world or the other. No one will stop me. Nothing will break me. I will succeed. –Page one of Alyssa (Aliciea) Baaschs ‘Journal.

The first journal was found lying next to her outstretched hand. Most of her blood had seeped out of her body through a hole in her chest. There was no murder weapon to be found. To our disbelief, the coroner said a sword or some other large blade had killed her. However, there was no sword to be found. Her death was a mystery. Discovery of her journals deepened the mystery.

Some theorize Alyssa suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. Others say she was just crazy. A few however, took her words to heart. I, the Author, am one of those people. I knew Alyssa. We were friends, we grew up together. Alyssa was not the kind of person to make up stories or to tell lies. She was honest to a fault, a little naïve, and she was more stubborn than a brick wall. There was always an air of mystery about her. Her eyes, even when smiling, held secrets. I remember her disappearing off the face of the Earth for months at a time. No one knew where she went. No one had seen her, heard from her, some didn’t even notice she was gone. Her disappearances held no pattern. You would never know when she would leave. That is why I believe every word she wrote down is true.

Alyssa had no family in this world. Her Guardian’s passed away during her freshman year of high school. Strange enough, she listed me as her next of kin. I could not refuse. It was an honor really. The day after her funeral I started cleaning her house. She left it to me. However, I was not quite ready to move in. Her death shattered my heart. I couldn’t even plan her funeral. I thank my mom for helping me through it all.

I never meant to fall in love with her. It was an accident. She was walking from her judgment with her chin held high. Her eyes held a sheen of courage with a hint of fear in the depths. It was the fire in her eyes that captured my heart. However, she is to die in three days. If I follow my heart, I will surely perish. If I follow my mind, she will die. I am torn between duty and desire, my mind and my heart. Do I abandon my faith and live in sin? Or do I let her hang and live in regret for the rest of my days? No, I cannot allow her to die.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the sins I am about to commit.

Both guards crashed to the floor, He flinched as their heads smashed into the hard stone. Still, it had to be done. He borrowed the ring of keys, hoping one of them would be the right key. Luck was on his side. The third key he inserted opened the door with a soft click. She was leaning against the corner with her knees drawn to her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. She lifted her head as he tried the many keys on her shackles.
“Who are you?”

In my idiotic distraction an Angel reached for my chest plate; I bashed the end of my gun into his head until he fell to the ground. I swung the gun around pressed it to his head then pulled the trigger. Even with all my experience I stumbled at the buck. I ran straight into the middle of the rampage taking shots at Angels and knocking Devils from the path of fire. A bayonet cut the strap to my leg plate, a bullet seared through my thigh. I fell to the ground gritting my teeth in pain; the hole throbbed with each beat of my heart. Devils circled around me; I quickly wrapped up the wound and prayed it didn't hit a vital vein.

"Grin and bear it Soul Seeker! We almost got them!" one of them yelled into my ear.
Another lent me a hand; the pain was almost comforting. It meant I was still alive. He patted my shoulder and moved his lips; before he could get a word out blood, hair, bone, and brain exploded onto my face; I never heard the shot. He slumped to the ground, lips still parted.

A low growl reverberated within my vocal cords. I launched myself at the Angel who killed my protector. My hand connected with his face; sending vibrations up my arm. Using the momentum from the punch; I placed my hand on the dirt to hold my balance while my leg raised then arched down, destroying his windpipe. He twisted on the ground clenching his throat straining for air.

A yell of defeat hovered over the Angels; the leader screamed for retreat. Once again we were victorious.

I looked over the battle field; hoping to see few Devils greeting death. I joined the other is raiding the bodies of our enemies as well as collecting horn tags from our own people. I counted three Angels for one Devil; a good sign so far. I turned a Devil over to collect his horn, I know him. Derek.

This one, I have not had a chance to edit though so it sounds kinda choppy.
She beckoned them to rise and join her by a large circle drawn by crystals. “I know of that which you seek. I have the answers. Do you have the nerve required to set us free?”

Ember glanced at her brother who just raised his eyebrows. “Yes. I am certain we have the nerve to save this world from the darkness.”
“I can see it within your eyes. A bright fire burns for the truth. Desires to be set free. Very well. I will tell you what you wish to know.” She grabs her staff and steps into the center of the circle. “Ask your fate.”

“How can we destroy the darkness?” Ember begged.

Her eyes dim to a pale brown as she dives into the spirit realm. “You must find the twin sisters. They are the weapon to salvation.”
“Where can find them?”

“In a realm only the purest of hearts can open”

“Well I’m screwed.” Cyn whispered
“How do we get to the realm?” She asked, giving her brother a nasty look.

“Find them. Together they will open the door to your Destiny.”

“Them? Who are Them?”

“They.” She corrected Cyn.

“Don’t tell me how to speak,” he hissed before the Oracle continued.

“Them, They. The Eight who hold the keys. The Lost Prince, The Fallen Queen, The Blind Seer, The Honest Thief, The Shattered Man of Steel, The Powerless Wizard, The Condemned Hero, The Girl from another world. Gather the Eight Keys and the road to salvation shall open.” Color returned to her eyes, a smile blossomed across her lips.

“Oracle, we swear to find the Eight Keys. We will bring hope back to the Kingdom. Those who use magic will be free to live once again.”
A sad smile played upon her. “I can see two futures. One where you win and one where you lose. I pray the latter does not come to fruition.”

Crystals fell from the Oracle. Her grasp loosened on the staff, it tumbled to the ground. Her eyes once again lost color along with her skin. She collapsed to the ground. Her hair turned sliver before their very eyes. She was dying.

“Oracle! What’s going on?”

“My time has come dear child.” Lights danced around the fallen Seer. She began to glow and parts of her began to dissolve.
“What? Why?”

“My life began with that vision. And now it ends with it. I have completed my Destiny and begun yours. Farewell children. May the Sisters be with you.”

“Thank you dear. I believe this is everything your mother wanted.” The elderly shop keeper smiled, handing her a basket of fruit.
“You’re welcome.” Erin accepted the basket, “Mother would like to know if you would like to have a Si’Ri Pie?”
“Oh my. I would love to have one of your mother’s famous Si’Ri Pies.
“Alright. I will bring one over as soon as it is cooled.” Erin smiled, “If there is anything else I can do for you let me know.”
“I will dear. I pray your family happiness.” The shopkeeper bowed.
“I pray your family happiness.” Erin returned her bow.

She couldn't help but smile as she turned into the crowd. The energetic atmosphere thickened as the days went by. Soon the Rebirth Celebrations would begin. Excitement whirled inside her mind as she thought of the upcoming festivities. Her class worked hard on their play and Erin hoped her costumes would help get her a part time job as a seamstress.

“Erin!” A shout pulled Erin from her fantasy. “Hey Erin!” She flailed her arms in the air.

Erin shook her head and sped up to a slow jog. “Hey Rora. What brings you down here?”

“H-hey,” she gasped for air, “I’m going, to meet, Apollo, at school. You?”

Erin glanced at the basket, “Getting some fruit for mother. She is going to make some Si’Ri pie to sell at the festival.”

“I love SI’Ri pie!”

“I’m sure mother won’t mind making one for you and Aureole”

Aurora softly clapped her hands then shot one arm into the air, “Alright!” She spun around, “Let’s go get some Si’Ri pie!”

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hello, I like your works so far and would be interested in starting something with ya! Pm me and we can talk some more. smile
Snowblazer
I would love to do a dystopian society!

I mostly write fantasy, I do have one sci fi in the works and another in starting creation. I have one thats real fiction, or whatever the term for it is.

My laptop will not do skype though. I launch it and the laptop runs away screaming. However, I do use google docs.

Examples:

I have a secret. A secret I have told no one. A secret I will tell as the tale itself emerges. I have two journals. In one, I will write my life in this world. The other, will hold my adventures on the other world. That’s right, I said other world. I am not from this world. I do not belong in the other. I have no place to call my own. No heritage to claim. No path to follow. So, I will forge my own path. I will create my own heritage. I will make a home to call my own, whether in this world or the other. No one will stop me. Nothing will break me. I will succeed. –Page one of Alyssa (Aliciea) Baaschs ‘Journal.

The first journal was found lying next to her outstretched hand. Most of her blood had seeped out of her body through a hole in her chest. There was no murder weapon to be found. To our disbelief, the coroner said a sword or some other large blade had killed her. However, there was no sword to be found. Her death was a mystery. Discovery of her journals deepened the mystery.

Some theorize Alyssa suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. Others say she was just crazy. A few however, took her words to heart. I, the Author, am one of those people. I knew Alyssa. We were friends, we grew up together. Alyssa was not the kind of person to make up stories or to tell lies. She was honest to a fault, a little naïve, and she was more stubborn than a brick wall. There was always an air of mystery about her. Her eyes, even when smiling, held secrets. I remember her disappearing off the face of the Earth for months at a time. No one knew where she went. No one had seen her, heard from her, some didn’t even notice she was gone. Her disappearances held no pattern. You would never know when she would leave. That is why I believe every word she wrote down is true.

Alyssa had no family in this world. Her Guardian’s passed away during her freshman year of high school. Strange enough, she listed me as her next of kin. I could not refuse. It was an honor really. The day after her funeral I started cleaning her house. She left it to me. However, I was not quite ready to move in. Her death shattered my heart. I couldn’t even plan her funeral. I thank my mom for helping me through it all.

I never meant to fall in love with her. It was an accident. She was walking from her judgment with her chin held high. Her eyes held a sheen of courage with a hint of fear in the depths. It was the fire in her eyes that captured my heart. However, she is to die in three days. If I follow my heart, I will surely perish. If I follow my mind, she will die. I am torn between duty and desire, my mind and my heart. Do I abandon my faith and live in sin? Or do I let her hang and live in regret for the rest of my days? No, I cannot allow her to die.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the sins I am about to commit.

Both guards crashed to the floor, He flinched as their heads smashed into the hard stone. Still, it had to be done. He borrowed the ring of keys, hoping one of them would be the right key. Luck was on his side. The third key he inserted opened the door with a soft click. She was leaning against the corner with her knees drawn to her chest and her arms wrapped around her legs. She lifted her head as he tried the many keys on her shackles.
“Who are you?”

In my idiotic distraction an Angel reached for my chest plate; I bashed the end of my gun into his head until he fell to the ground. I swung the gun around pressed it to his head then pulled the trigger. Even with all my experience I stumbled at the buck. I ran straight into the middle of the rampage taking shots at Angels and knocking Devils from the path of fire. A bayonet cut the strap to my leg plate, a bullet seared through my thigh. I fell to the ground gritting my teeth in pain; the hole throbbed with each beat of my heart. Devils circled around me; I quickly wrapped up the wound and prayed it didn't hit a vital vein.

"Grin and bear it Soul Seeker! We almost got them!" one of them yelled into my ear.
Another lent me a hand; the pain was almost comforting. It meant I was still alive. He patted my shoulder and moved his lips; before he could get a word out blood, hair, bone, and brain exploded onto my face; I never heard the shot. He slumped to the ground, lips still parted.

A low growl reverberated within my vocal cords. I launched myself at the Angel who killed my protector. My hand connected with his face; sending vibrations up my arm. Using the momentum from the punch; I placed my hand on the dirt to hold my balance while my leg raised then arched down, destroying his windpipe. He twisted on the ground clenching his throat straining for air.

A yell of defeat hovered over the Angels; the leader screamed for retreat. Once again we were victorious.

I looked over the battle field; hoping to see few Devils greeting death. I joined the other is raiding the bodies of our enemies as well as collecting horn tags from our own people. I counted three Angels for one Devil; a good sign so far. I turned a Devil over to collect his horn, I know him. Derek.

This one, I have not had a chance to edit though so it sounds kinda choppy.
She beckoned them to rise and join her by a large circle drawn by crystals. “I know of that which you seek. I have the answers. Do you have the nerve required to set us free?”

Ember glanced at her brother who just raised his eyebrows. “Yes. I am certain we have the nerve to save this world from the darkness.”
“I can see it within your eyes. A bright fire burns for the truth. Desires to be set free. Very well. I will tell you what you wish to know.” She grabs her staff and steps into the center of the circle. “Ask your fate.”

“How can we destroy the darkness?” Ember begged.

Her eyes dim to a pale brown as she dives into the spirit realm. “You must find the twin sisters. They are the weapon to salvation.”
“Where can find them?”

“In a realm only the purest of hearts can open”

“Well I’m screwed.” Cyn whispered
“How do we get to the realm?” She asked, giving her brother a nasty look.

“Find them. Together they will open the door to your Destiny.”

“Them? Who are Them?”

“They.” She corrected Cyn.

“Don’t tell me how to speak,” he hissed before the Oracle continued.

“Them, They. The Eight who hold the keys. The Lost Prince, The Fallen Queen, The Blind Seer, The Honest Thief, The Shattered Man of Steel, The Powerless Wizard, The Condemned Hero, The Girl from another world. Gather the Eight Keys and the road to salvation shall open.” Color returned to her eyes, a smile blossomed across her lips.

“Oracle, we swear to find the Eight Keys. We will bring hope back to the Kingdom. Those who use magic will be free to live once again.”
A sad smile played upon her. “I can see two futures. One where you win and one where you lose. I pray the latter does not come to fruition.”

Crystals fell from the Oracle. Her grasp loosened on the staff, it tumbled to the ground. Her eyes once again lost color along with her skin. She collapsed to the ground. Her hair turned sliver before their very eyes. She was dying.

“Oracle! What’s going on?”

“My time has come dear child.” Lights danced around the fallen Seer. She began to glow and parts of her began to dissolve.
“What? Why?”

“My life began with that vision. And now it ends with it. I have completed my Destiny and begun yours. Farewell children. May the Sisters be with you.”

“Thank you dear. I believe this is everything your mother wanted.” The elderly shop keeper smiled, handing her a basket of fruit.
“You’re welcome.” Erin accepted the basket, “Mother would like to know if you would like to have a Si’Ri Pie?”
“Oh my. I would love to have one of your mother’s famous Si’Ri Pies.
“Alright. I will bring one over as soon as it is cooled.” Erin smiled, “If there is anything else I can do for you let me know.”
“I will dear. I pray your family happiness.” The shopkeeper bowed.
“I pray your family happiness.” Erin returned her bow.

She couldn't help but smile as she turned into the crowd. The energetic atmosphere thickened as the days went by. Soon the Rebirth Celebrations would begin. Excitement whirled inside her mind as she thought of the upcoming festivities. Her class worked hard on their play and Erin hoped her costumes would help get her a part time job as a seamstress.

“Erin!” A shout pulled Erin from her fantasy. “Hey Erin!” She flailed her arms in the air.

Erin shook her head and sped up to a slow jog. “Hey Rora. What brings you down here?”

“H-hey,” she gasped for air, “I’m going, to meet, Apollo, at school. You?”

Erin glanced at the basket, “Getting some fruit for mother. She is going to make some Si’Ri pie to sell at the festival.”

“I love SI’Ri pie!”

“I’m sure mother won’t mind making one for you and Aureole”

Aurora softly clapped her hands then shot one arm into the air, “Alright!” She spun around, “Let’s go get some Si’Ri pie!”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff