Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm looking for classical/acoustic guitarists as contacts. I'm always needing advice, hints and tips, and would be happy to offer some in return, but the guitarist's guild is full of electric guitarists, and I can't yet afford to join the musician's guild.

Could any like-minded classical/acoustic guitarists please PM me.

Thanks.
The Elementary Penguin
I'm looking for classical/acoustic guitarists as contacts. I'm always needing advice, hints and tips, and would be happy to offer some in return, but the guitarist's guild is full of electric guitarists, and I can't yet afford to join the musician's guild.

Thanks.
hi!! I'm a classical guitarist. I'm playing guitar since 8 years. Classical guitarists aren't really common here. Nice to meet you
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.
hi!! I'm a classical guitarist. I'm playing guitar since 8 years. Classical guitarists aren't really common here. Nice to meet you
What grade are you? I just went for my grade 7 yesterday, but I don't think it went too well...
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.
What grade are you? I just went for my grade 7 yesterday, but I don't think it went too well...
I don't know my grade. I did one year in music at college.
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.
Where abouts are you from? Greece? You speak just like a Greek girl I used to know. Anyway, I've been playing for eight years as well. What kind of stuff do you play?

Actually, maybe we should continue this convo through PM's...
Yes, classical guitarists are hard to find around here. I believe this is because it is one of the most difficult forms and requires a lot of devotion. I love classical guitar. Its fun to play. Not as fun as jazz, but fun none the less.
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.
Where abouts are you from? Greece? You speak just like a Greek girl I used to know. Anyway, I've been playing for eight years as well. What kind of stuff do you play?

lol!! no I'm a French-Canadian. I play the third and the fifth mouvements of Preludios Americanos - Campo and Tamboriles from Abel Carlevaro and Preludios Epigramaticos from Leo Brouwer. I also play the fifth mouvement of the Suite #5 for guitar - Finale from Jacques Hétu and Un air de milonga de Francis Kleynjans. I'm learning the second and the third mouvement of El Decamaron Negro - La huida de los amantes por el valle de los echos and La doncellada in amoradafrom Leo Brouwer and the fifth mouvement of the Spannish Suite - Canarios from Gaspar Sanz.
Sunafar_Di_Meola
Yes, classical guitarists are hard to find around here. I believe this is because it is one of the most difficult forms and requires a lot of devotion. I love classical guitar. Its fun to play. Not as fun as jazz, but fun none the less.
I wouldn't say that - to suggest that would be to imply that to play other kinds of guitar requires less skill, but there are some electric guitarists in my school who I have a huge amount of respect for. Yes, classical guitar takes devotion, but I believe you can excell at any instrument, with the possible exceptions of triangle and recorder (which is just a crime against music).
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.

lol!! no I'm a French-Canadian. I play the third and the fifth mouvements of Preludios Americanos - Campo and Tamboriles from Abel Carlevaro and Preludios Epigramaticos from Leo Brouwer. I also play the fifth mouvement of the Suite #5 for guitar - Finale from Jacques Hétu and Un air de milonga de Francis Kleynjans. I'm learning the second and the third mouvement of El Decamaron Negro - La huida de los amantes por el valle de los echos and La doncellada in amoradafrom Leo Brouwer and the fifth mouvement of the Spannish Suite - Canarios from Gaspar Sanz.
Cool, sounds like my kind of stuff - all real classical guitar music, by real classical composers. I'm a big fan of Bach myself.
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.

lol!! no I'm a French-Canadian. I play the third and the fifth mouvements of Preludios Americanos - Campo and Tamboriles from Abel Carlevaro and Preludios Epigramaticos from Leo Brouwer. I also play the fifth mouvement of the Suite #5 for guitar - Finale from Jacques Hétu and Un air de milonga de Francis Kleynjans. I'm learning the second and the third mouvement of El Decamaron Negro - La huida de los amantes por el valle de los echos and Ballara de la doncellada enamoradafrom Leo Brouwer and the fifth mouvement of the Spannish Suite - Canarios from Gaspar Sanz.
Cool, sounds like my kind of stuff - all real classical guitar music, by real classical composers. I'm a big fan of Bach myself.
I hate transcriptions. An real classical guitar music is more intresting. I'm a big fan of Brouwer.
The Elementary Penguin
Sunafar_Di_Meola
I wouldn't say that - to suggest that would be to imply that to play other kinds of guitar requires less skill, but there are some electric guitarists in my school who I have a huge amount of respect for. Yes, classical guitar takes devotion, but I believe you can excell at any instrument, with the possible exceptions of triangle and recorder (which is just a crime against music).

LIO triangles and recorders. You are a funny man, my friend.
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin
Mirao
The Elementary Penguin

Thanks.

lol!! no I'm a French-Canadian. I play the third and the fifth mouvements of Preludios Americanos - Campo and Tamboriles from Abel Carlevaro and Preludios Epigramaticos from Leo Brouwer. I also play the fifth mouvement of the Suite #5 for guitar - Finale from Jacques Hétu and Un air de milonga de Francis Kleynjans. I'm learning the second and the third mouvement of El Decamaron Negro - La huida de los amantes por el valle de los echos and Ballara de la doncellada enamoradafrom Leo Brouwer and the fifth mouvement of the Spannish Suite - Canarios from Gaspar Sanz.
I hate transcriptions. An real classical guitar music is more intresting. I'm a big fan of Brouwer.
Yeh, he's one of my favourites. Actually, I think compared to him, Bach is a bit predictable. Probably my absoloute favourite is actually barrios. Villa Lobos is pretty good, too.
Sunafar_Di_Meola
The Elementary Penguin
Sunafar_Di_Meola

LIO triangles and recorders. You are a funny man, my friend.
Why thankyou!
I've been playing rock/folk guitar for about 6 years and I attend a classical music school for voice.... and I just started to take classical guitar. It's very difficult to learn when I have so many bad habits in my hands, but I'm loving it
Finnyous
I've been playing rock/folk guitar for about 6 years and I attend a classical music school for voice.... and I just started to take classical guitar. It's very difficult to learn when I have so many bad habits in my hands, but I'm loving it
Apparently if you want to one day branch out and learn to play other kinds of guitar as well (electric, bass, electro-acoustic, even things like banjo, mandolin, lute etc) then acoustic guitar is the best one to start with. That's what I did, and I've found it relatively easy to adapt my technique for things like electric and bass. My main flaw at the moment is actually experience and technical knowledge related to electric guitar - I don't know how to set up a P.A, I don't know how to replace parts of an electric (other than strings, of course) and I don't know what half the dials on my amp do redface

I'm a disgrace to the rock world, but hopefully not a bad representative of the classical one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff