Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
idk, your example and the issue you're pointing out sounds like two very different things. fr. my college, i'd usually get the same reply you saw online, and it doesn't sound depressing. just factual.

as for seeing more depressing characters online, everyone has problems once in a while. it's just that on the internet, i guess you can elaborate and vent out more.

Invisible Humorist

how is working in the summer depressing?

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
People in real life don't want to hear your problems, and on the internet you're free to vent.

I mean if anyone asks me what I did in the summer when I come back to university I would say "I went to the beach, and to the aquarium and went on vacation to my friend's new flat" but on the net I would probably vent about my unemployment.

I suppose it's courtesy because I don't want to put my problems on strangers, and I have an image to keep up.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The internet pulls form arguably and more diverse group of people?

and many of us are not in school?

... so the internet includes people who either finished with college and is now looking for work, who work to survive, maybe have kids and all that s**t. there is no one here enveloped in the world of college.

I mean theres a lot of factors, but the bigger one is that as much as college students like to think otherwise they don't have to deal with the same problems that most people past college have to deal with.

as for my summer vacation, I went to comic con and made a lot of really good artist contacts. made a couple of paintings, finally got to go to a bar that I had been trying to visit for years. Got to try an aviation made with creme de violette that was smuggled in from france. didn't get to try elixir de vegetal de la grande chartreuse since they were fresh out. they can't buy or sell any but they can get some as a gift and give it as a gift.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
there happy stuff... is that better?

Invisible Humorist

Valtiel the Watcher

... so the internet includes people who either finished with college and is now looking for work, who work to survive, maybe have kids and all that s**t. there is no one here enveloped in the world of college.

I mean theres a lot of factors, but the bigger one is that as much as college students like to think otherwise they don't have to deal with the same problems that most people past college have to deal with.

as for my summer vacation, I went to comic con and made a lot of really good artist contacts. made a couple of paintings, finally got to go to a bar that I had been trying to visit for years. Got to try an aviation made with creme de violette that was smuggled in from france. didn't get to try elixir de vegetal de la grande chartreuse since they were fresh out. they can't buy or sell any but they can get some as a gift and give it as a gift.

are your paintings on deviantart?

Kawaii Snacker

17,025 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
I worked all summer. Because I have a full time job.

You'll get there one day too.

Honestly, people are more bitter and depressing online because it's easier when you're anonymous rather than in front of your entire English class.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
GhostlyMark
Valtiel the Watcher

are your paintings on deviantart?
not yet but i want to take a good picture of them so I can sell them as prints as well. I usually reserve my deviant art for finished pieces that I can potentially sell while crappy jpegs and quick sketches I put on instagram, tumblr and twitter
I often get asked by co-workers what im doing for vacation or the weekend. Absolutely nothing. Play a little bit of DOTA2, 3DS, work on my music, and jerk off. I have no money to go to ******** Hawaii and no one to go with.
Because most of us didn't get to take fancy vacations since most of us are poor and/or busy.

Mega Ladykiller

Probably most of us have nothing to do, so we dwell on the dark stuff lol. When you are happy, whos got time to go on Gaia lool.

I would definitely kill for a job, except its all about connections now apparently :/

Original Fairy

DivineHate
Probably most of us have nothing to do, so we dwell on the dark stuff lol. When you are happy, whos got time to go on Gaia lool.

I would definitely kill for a job, except its all about connections now apparently :/

Precisely what i was about to say. We're on here because we have nothing else, plus talking to faceless strangers lowers the inhibitions so people don't pretend to be something there not as much.

Who needs connections when you've got gaia. rolleyes

Mega Ladykiller

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
DivineHate

Precisely what i was about to say. We're on here because we have nothing else, plus talking to faceless strangers lowers the inhibitions so people don't pretend to be something there not as much.

Who needs connections when you've got gaia. rolleyes

I would love to stay home all day, except Ive got an Asian mother who constantly nags for me to get a job. emotion_donotwant

Annnnd extra cash wouldn't hurt either emotion_kirakira

Original Fairy

DivineHate

Urgh, i would love a job don't get me wrong, just turns out i should have spent university going out and "networking" instead of working. rolleyes

So until i get one i'll be one of the miserable people online.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff