Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
Any recommendation for shows like these? Secret organizations that police supernatural forces?

Does anyone else miss Warehouse 13?

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
You'll have to wait for The Librarians which premieres in December. It's based off the three Librarian movies that starred Noah Wyle, some years back. And well, the premise is familiar: a secret organization that protects (and recovers) artifacts from history.

Currently, the only TV shows that are similar are Sleepy Hollow, Grimm, and Constantine. However, with these, the characters are more lone-wolf types working outside of a secret society.

And yes, I miss Warehouse 13. I do think they could have gone for another season.

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
Urd Tanzanite
You'll have to wait for The Librarians which premieres in December. It's based off the three Librarian movies that starred Noah Wyle, some years back. And well, the premise is familiar: a secret organization that protects (and recovers) artifacts from history.

Currently, the only TV shows that are similar are Sleepy Hollow, Grimm, and Constantine. However, with these, the characters are more lone-wolf types working outside of a secret society.

And yes, I miss Warehouse 13. I do think they could have gone for another season.

That definitely sounds like something of interest. Which channel will be playing it?

I think Warehouse 13 definitely had a very enjoyable cast that worked together. I can't say I really enjoy the whole lone wolf thing too much, or perhaps I'm just put off by watching Constantine do it. It feels done to death, and I think sometimes it interferes with an interesting premise.

Claudia and Jinx were my favorite on Warehouse 13. I didn't quite like the episode Jinx was in with the burning the candle at both ends artifact. It felt gimmicky, forced, and out of character for him. I liked the episode where we got to learn more about Claudia's sister though. It was nice of the show's creators to give us a little more back story before the series ended.

Smooth Kitten

Hmmm well there is Hemlock Grove, its a pretty unique supernatural series about a small insight of Gypsies culture with natural enemies of some strange immortal race, but two guys who are meant to be enemies ends up being close friends while many rising obstacles try to get in their way.

Its apparently only showed on Netflix but I'm sure you can find it on other sites that loads up TV-series.

So far it has 2 seasons, and recently was announced that there will be a 3rd and last season.

Nostalgic Spirit

78,300 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Old World Deity 500
Auviora
Hmmm well there is Hemlock Grove, its a pretty unique supernatural series about a small insight of Gypsies culture with natural enemies of some strange immortal race, but two guys who are meant to be enemies ends up being close friends while many rising obstacles try to get in their way.

Its apparently only showed on Netflix but I'm sure you can find it on other sites that loads up TV-series.

So far it has 2 seasons, and recently was announced that there will be a 3rd and last season.

What sort of immortal enemies do they face? Is it always the same enemy? Sounds kind of interesting.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Kefial
Urd Tanzanite

That definitely sounds like something of interest. Which channel will be playing it?

I think Warehouse 13 definitely had a very enjoyable cast that worked together. I can't say I really enjoy the whole lone wolf thing too much, or perhaps I'm just put off by watching Constantine do it. It feels done to death, and I think sometimes it interferes with an interesting premise.

Claudia and Jinx were my favorite on Warehouse 13. I didn't quite like the episode Jinx was in with the burning the candle at both ends artifact. It felt gimmicky, forced, and out of character for him. I liked the episode where we got to learn more about Claudia's sister though. It was nice of the show's creators to give us a little more back story before the series ended.

TNT is the channel. You can see the teaser on occasion.

I know that the lone wolf thing is a necessary trope, but yeah, I would like to see more secret societies (even if they're represented by only a few people). And the Constantine on TV is not the Constantine from Hellblazer. For one thing, he's not morally reprehensible. That I don't loathe him is the reason I'm not going to continue watching.

I don't know if I really had a favorite character. The one thing I really, really wish that the writers would have done at some point was just get Myka and Pete together. I don't know what it is with shows keeping people apart for season after season. I'm tired of the excuse that the tension will go away if they get together. Presumably, some of these writers are in relationships or are married. If so, they have first-hand knowledge that the drama and tension don't end. It does however open up new avenues to explore.

Smooth Kitten

Kefial
Auviora

What sort of immortal enemies do they face? Is it always the same enemy? Sounds kind of interesting.
They didn't give much info about the immortal race until the second season Dx which also isn't that much, so I'm not sure if it's right to spoil it for you, Kef. :c But no, it's not directly the same enemy though.

But the obstacles getting in their way comes from a weird Christian cult.(okay this part is half spoiler, sorry) D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff