Poets <3 0.2962962962963 29.6% [ 16 ]
Writers <3 0.7037037037037 70.4% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Rennie`
Aydenfyre
marshmallowcreampie
Kita-Ysabell
Holy s**t guys, ten pages?! I thought this one was dead. But no, ten pages later and it's still in WF. Le sigh.

The Writers forum is slow and doesn't always get a lot of new faces, so regulars here jump on just about anything.

This was pretty much my reason... This thread is one of the few I feel I'm actually able to reply too anyway.

I've noticed the WF has been particulary quiet recently, 'tis a shame because I've had to sign onto a new forum so I can have decent conversations sweatdrop

I'm sure it'll pick up again eventually. I tend to lurk here more often in any case, only posting when I feel I have something to say.
I keep reading here that poets and writers are the same thing, or that poets are a sub-set of writers. As a poet, I'll tell you I have never written a word in my life and I patently refuse to acknowledge any writing as my own.

Writers deserve cushy jobs in cubicle farms: poets should be dragged into the street to have their throats crushed with onion bulbs until dead.

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
writers all the way.

not that BOTH aren't writers, though

Blessed Werewolf

10,400 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I think 'writers' because you can write more visually compared to 'poets'. (my opinion)
Although both depend on creativity, it's hard to say what you want to be. wink

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Hey, I'm a poet.
I'm also a writer.
I don't think there is a difference between the two. A poet is just a writer that expresses themselves through the use of almost lyrical and stanza writing. Story writers use the form of novels or novellas to express themselves, usually writing in fictional.
In reality, they are the same thing.

Invisible Codger

Ahhhh, how could I possibly choose? I consider myself both a writer and a poet. 3nodding

Timid Gawker

The WF seems a little dramatic lately. > w> To answer your question though, I prefer being a writer. Poems, to me, are boring to write and feel limited when I have so much to say.
These are different genres and I don't think they can or should be compared this way.

It is similar to asking which is better science fiction or fantasy, historical fiction or contemporary, etc.

Each genre has an audience and a particular way that readers and publishers what it written.

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Poets are writers who choose to write poetry. ALL people who write, be it poetry or prose, are writers. So writers, because they can do either.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
thetammyjo
These are different genres and I don't think they can or should be compared this way.

No, one's a medium and the other's a category of that medium. It's like a phylum within a kingdom.

thetammyjo
Each genre has an audience and a particular way that readers and publishers what it written.

Actually, no. Since neither is a genre (and no one has a 'certain way' genres should be written, be they authors or publishers), and there are already many subsections of how to write each--as well as one being a subcategory of the other, this makes no sense. There's no definable audience for 'poetry', because it's far too vague. A certain audience for 'writing'? That's anyone who reads.
Jumpin' on the bandwagon here, but poetry is writing. So is this. I am writing right now. Yes, that's what writing is. It doesn't even have to be artistic so shh.

Invisible Codger

Do I need to try again?
OMFG IM READING SUCH A GOOD BOOK. pirate YAARRGGHH

Dapper Phantom

5,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
A poet is a poet. A writer can be a poet and a regular writer at the same time. Multitasking win smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff