Welcome to Gaia! ::

Please check out my music video on Youtube "REAL FRIENDS - LUIGI x BUGOY"

K 0.5068345323741 50.7% [ 2818 ]
Mmkay 0.4931654676259 49.3% [ 2742 ]
Total Votes:[ 5560 ]

If nothing else, time and travel had taught Kedean to fill many roles, from serving as a guide and sentry for wealthy caravans through the more treacherous sections of popular trade routes, to bodyguarding for diplomats, lords, barons, and even, on occasion, royalty. He'd been at times a soldier, an attendant, and a convoy—but never an assassin—a warrior, a protector, and a killer—but never of an unready opponent.

Halfway into an open-handed defense form, the sun already near-free of the horizon and painting the grass with long swaths of pink and orange—catching in dewdrops like tiny jeweled prisms—a soft footstep alerted him to the arrival of company.
Outwardly, he showed no sign of acknowledging it, continuing on through his drill without pause—but his focus had shifted completely. His body moved by muscle memory, his mind on the shadow of a figure in the corner of his eye and his ears trained to the falls of whisper-light footsteps, softer than a sough over a still sea.

Ready, Kedean caught the first strike with an open palm, both diverting the attack and opening his opponent up, leaving him weak on defense and wide spread for an attack, but Zyric knew him well and sidestepped not a moment too soon, ducking in the next second to shorten up the distance and even the odds, at least at some level.

Shy Loiterer

Unimpeachable
SolitaryDreamer
Shadow animation~
It's still my favourite Naruto opening.
Haha.
I can't remember my favourite opening.

Rainbow Wench

11,525 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The nearer I approach the end, the plainer I hear around me the immortal symphonies of the worlds which invite me.
Squeeeeeeze release

Dapper Noob

Stubborn Bibliophile

13,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bookworm 100

Still sends shivers up my spine.
There was no question who had the size and range advantage—Kedean towering at least a foot over his brother and measuring nearly half again as broad in the shoulders—but close combat eliminated range as a factor, focusing the fight, concentrating it.

They quickly adopted a rhythm, relearning each other's habits and adjusting accordingly, like familiar dance partners reintroduced to one another after an extended hiatus. Kedean took the opportunity to test his brother's progress, leaving the pace mostly up to him, but pushing on occasion against basic boundaries and reassessing former areas of weakness.
When the sun was twice over its diameter from the horizon, the oranges and pinks of morning elapsed by the full, bright yellow of day, Zyric's movements began to betray the first signs of fatigue: a thin, glistening sweat breaking out over his brow, his reaction time slowing a fraction and his offense losing its edge, growing more brash and less refined.

"How long," he asked, making a broad, sweeping strike—easily redirected, "would it take you…to drop me?" and Kedean blinked. A second and a half later, Zyric gave sharp, startled yelp and grunted in the next moment as grass at his back knocked the air out of him.
cat_4laugh heart

Shy Loiterer

Aisle of Yew
User Image
That... pony unicorn thing looks familiar.
Above, Kedean stilled and stepped back, watching as his brother shut his eyes and groaned, making no move to get up.

"Like that?" he asked.

Below, Zyric opened one, narrowed eye. "I'm that awful, huh?"

Kedean shrugged, offering a hand up—which Zyric took. "You're tired," he said, pulling his brother to his feet, "and defense has never been your forte…neither have stances, for that matter."

Dapper Noob

"Mm…" Zyric's lips made a pursed line. "So what am I good at?" he asked. "Falling down?"

Kedean quirked an eyebrow. "Well, yes, that," he said, earning a fleeting smile and a shove to the shoulder. "You're unpredictable," he continued, more seriously. "When you slow down and tire, your moves become much easier to read, but at your peak, your spontaneity is one of your greatest assets. Your willingness to overturn your own strategies mid-throw forces your opponent to always keep one eye open and never get too comfortable."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff