K 0.50634978229318 50.6% [ 2791 ]
Mmkay 0.49365021770682 49.4% [ 2721 ]
Total Votes:[ 5512 ]

9,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Dragon Bump

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please Click

Melodious Flatterer

Tipsy Hunter

7,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
UniFried-Splinters
Torus Ragnarok
UniFried-Splinters
Torus Ragnarok
...XD

*ahem* I see. Makes sense, for the most part. I think that... actually, I'unno what to think. I don't really have a reply to the last bit. D:

But I guess the first place to go is ask yourself why that part of you says it wants to die. I mean... asking it to yourself and asking it to someone else is kind of the same thing, except that you're actually answering the question and the answer that you get out of it will make quite a bit more sense because it did come from (essentially) you. Even if that you is detached from the non-depressed you.

Just... kind of keep a firm grip on the situation. Like you said, you're finding things you've been hiding from yourself, so keeping things in the forefront will keep you from growing confused, as long as you're searching for answers on top of all that. *nodnod*

[/useless reply] =D

I did. It's all confused and kept saying "I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT PREMISE."

Basically... it either doesn't want or doesn't think it's able to change its thinking. It seems very confused, conflicted, and... it just keeps shutting down and shutting me as a whole down because it doesn't like to try to deal with it.

Iiiiii... I think I can help it. It'll just take a while, you know? The rest of me was kind of designed to support that part anyhow. The whole point of DID is to cope with a situation that yah can't cope with as a single entity, so I compartmentalized so that parts could have the problems and others could be freed up so that they could deal with life, and now we're help the f'd up parts learn to face and overcome their crap.

It's just... sucky. x] Muahaha. ~Heavy half-contented sigh~ Someday I'll be able to deal more normally. This whole thing was so that I could learn how to deal more effectively, after all. It has actually been pretty useful; it's nice having an "inner therapist" and all. Even if it does get irritating sometimes.
I see.
That actually... explains a hell of a lot that I didn't know before.
Just don't rush "someday" along, kay? *pats you* :] At the least... it sounds like you know how to handle your resources and deal with things in the way you want to... er, more or less. Juuus' gotta wait for it to work someday.

...On that note: I know I missed you and I'm slow as hell, but... would you happen to have or know any recommended reading on the issue? ninja The library and I, we are strangers. It's about time we got to know each other better.

...I REALLY want to RUSH. Because I want that ******** stupid impulse and all the other stupid irrational impulses and fears and desires to SHUT THE ******** UP AND LEARN TO ADJUST ALREADY.

But yeah. No worries. I crash when I go to fast anyhow, so. ~shrugs~ I'm learning.
*nods* That's good.
Your group showed up on a Saturday? o.O

Melodious Flatterer

Melodious Flatterer

IRL Stalker

This masterpiece is so catchy, and nobody could ever remember all the lyrics... unless they're insane.
Torus Ragnarok
UniFried-Splinters
Torus Ragnarok
UniFried-Splinters
Torus Ragnarok
...XD

*ahem* I see. Makes sense, for the most part. I think that... actually, I'unno what to think. I don't really have a reply to the last bit. D:

But I guess the first place to go is ask yourself why that part of you says it wants to die. I mean... asking it to yourself and asking it to someone else is kind of the same thing, except that you're actually answering the question and the answer that you get out of it will make quite a bit more sense because it did come from (essentially) you. Even if that you is detached from the non-depressed you.

Just... kind of keep a firm grip on the situation. Like you said, you're finding things you've been hiding from yourself, so keeping things in the forefront will keep you from growing confused, as long as you're searching for answers on top of all that. *nodnod*

[/useless reply] =D

I did. It's all confused and kept saying "I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT PREMISE."

Basically... it either doesn't want or doesn't think it's able to change its thinking. It seems very confused, conflicted, and... it just keeps shutting down and shutting me as a whole down because it doesn't like to try to deal with it.

Iiiiii... I think I can help it. It'll just take a while, you know? The rest of me was kind of designed to support that part anyhow. The whole point of DID is to cope with a situation that yah can't cope with as a single entity, so I compartmentalized so that parts could have the problems and others could be freed up so that they could deal with life, and now we're help the f'd up parts learn to face and overcome their crap.

It's just... sucky. x] Muahaha. ~Heavy half-contented sigh~ Someday I'll be able to deal more normally. This whole thing was so that I could learn how to deal more effectively, after all. It has actually been pretty useful; it's nice having an "inner therapist" and all. Even if it does get irritating sometimes.
I see.
That actually... explains a hell of a lot that I didn't know before.
Just don't rush "someday" along, kay? *pats you* :] At the least... it sounds like you know how to handle your resources and deal with things in the way you want to... er, more or less. Juuus' gotta wait for it to work someday.

...On that note: I know I missed you and I'm slow as hell, but... would you happen to have or know any recommended reading on the issue? ninja The library and I, we are strangers. It's about time we got to know each other better.

...I REALLY want to RUSH. Because I want that ******** stupid impulse and all the other stupid irrational impulses and fears and desires to SHUT THE ******** UP AND LEARN TO ADJUST ALREADY.

But yeah. No worries. I crash when I go to fast anyhow, so. ~shrugs~ I'm learning.
*nods* That's good.
Wait, your group... on a Saturday? You're at school right now? Or they show up at your house or...? o.O

EDIT: worded that horribly
...EDIT: I meant to click the edit button, but alas, I did not. And I am slow to notice. lol

Melodious Flatterer

Tipsy Hunter

7,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Tipsy Hunter

7,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Melodious Flatterer