Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 76 77 78 > >>

Generous Conversationalist

10,875 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200
Casey Draws
Wiggled my USB cord into submission to test a brush I found settings for on tumblr ... only to realize while working at it that I'd already tested the brush and embraced it as my main paint brush.

Oh well, it was still good practice. (No under sketch for it, I started from the background blob. The only lines in it were added last)

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.pixel by terryberri
oh pretty D:

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

o_____________O

you painted all of them by yourself?

Most of them still need painted actually. Because I'm a horrible procrastinator. Probably only about 10 or 12 of them are painted. And the dino suit doll still has the paint job I bought him with.

i'm sure it takes a lot of time to paint it ^^; and a really, really steady hand

It gets faster with practice. Still ... takes about two hours. Less if I do more than one at once, because a lot of that is drying time, but then I run the risk of muddying colors.

Pencils are easier to work with than pure paint if your hand isn't as steady. But practicing with a tablet helped steady my hand XD

two hours is a pretty good chunk of time =w= do you use a magnifying glass or anything when you do it?

lol i don't think my hands are all that steady even when i draw xD they're not super shaky, but they're also not really steady

I haven't yet. I find magnification disorienting for that type of work. I actually hold it back a bit too, because I have a slight astigmatism close up that causes my vision to go double if I try to focus too hard. I'm also myopic and apparently prism lenses cause my vision to split at a distance OTL So I'm pretty much just stuck putting on my glasses and holding things out to a certain focal distance lol

For me I find the surface I'm working on has more impact on steadiness than my hand. The dolls I sometimes have problems with because I'm holding them in my other hand.

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
spanksthellama
Casey Draws
Wiggled my USB cord into submission to test a brush I found settings for on tumblr ... only to realize while working at it that I'd already tested the brush and embraced it as my main paint brush.

Oh well, it was still good practice. (No under sketch for it, I started from the background blob. The only lines in it were added last)

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.pixel by terryberri
oh pretty D:

ty c: Hoping my new USB cord comes soon so I can do something more substantial D:

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

o_____________O

you painted all of them by yourself?

Most of them still need painted actually. Because I'm a horrible procrastinator. Probably only about 10 or 12 of them are painted. And the dino suit doll still has the paint job I bought him with.

i'm sure it takes a lot of time to paint it ^^; and a really, really steady hand

It gets faster with practice. Still ... takes about two hours. Less if I do more than one at once, because a lot of that is drying time, but then I run the risk of muddying colors.

Pencils are easier to work with than pure paint if your hand isn't as steady. But practicing with a tablet helped steady my hand XD

two hours is a pretty good chunk of time =w= do you use a magnifying glass or anything when you do it?

lol i don't think my hands are all that steady even when i draw xD they're not super shaky, but they're also not really steady

I haven't yet. I find magnification disorienting for that type of work. I actually hold it back a bit too, because I have a slight astigmatism close up that causes my vision to go double if I try to focus too hard. I'm also myopic and apparently prism lenses cause my vision to split at a distance OTL So I'm pretty much just stuck putting on my glasses and holding things out to a certain focal distance lol

For me I find the surface I'm working on has more impact on steadiness than my hand. The dolls I sometimes have problems with because I'm holding them in my other hand.

myopic is such a fancy word >w> most people just say near sighted :B i'm near sighted too =3=

can you lay your hand on the table while you're working to try and make it more steady?

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight

myopic is such a fancy word >w> most people just say near sighted :B i'm near sighted too =3=

can you lay your hand on the table while you're working to try and make it more steady?

Myopic is easier for me to say lol When speaking aloud.

I'd have to actually work at a table to do that. I usually paint on my bed. One day I am going to spill pastels everywhere and have rainbow sheets.

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Casey Draws
starzXnight

I'd have to actually work at a table to do that. I usually paint on my bed. One day I am going to spill pastels everywhere and have rainbow sheets.

pffft you'll have to explain what it means to a lot of people >w>

that's a pretty soft surface to work on surprised if i worked on my bed, i'd fall asleep immediately

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

that's a pretty soft surface to work on surprised if i worked on my bed, i'd fall asleep immediately

I'm sorta used to having to explain big words to people ^^; I was a precocious kid.

My bed's pretty firm really. The particular futon I bought to use as a mattress has been compared to ones in Japan in reviews. I could use it to sleep on the floor if I wanted.

Mostly I needed a light and neutral background once I started photographing the process. My sheets worked well. Then I couldn't be bothered to clean off the coffee table I've got next to it (it's too low compared to the bed to use to brace my arm).

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

I'm sorta used to having to explain big words to people ^^; I was a precocious kid.

My bed's pretty firm really. The particular futon I bought to use as a mattress has been compared to ones in Japan in reviews. I could use it to sleep on the floor if I wanted.

Mostly I needed a light and neutral background once I started photographing the process. My sheets worked well. Then I couldn't be bothered to clean off the coffee table I've got next to it (it's too low compared to the bed to use to brace my arm).

there you go again >w> i'm sure some people wouldn't know what precocious means either

i would not be able to sleep well on that gonk when it's hard to that point, you might as well just sleep on the floor o:

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

there you go again >w> i'm sure some people wouldn't know what precocious means either

i would not be able to sleep well on that gonk when it's hard to that point, you might as well just sleep on the floor o:

They will if they watched Mary Poppins o_o Or they'll think I go around saying 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' to people.

Funny you should say that. For a few years I did just sleep on the floor. I have hardwood in my room. Then I slept on a couch. Last year I traded that in for an IKEA daybed with the firm futon.

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

They will if they watched Mary Poppins o_o Or they'll think I go around saying 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' to people.

Funny you should say that. For a few years I did just sleep on the floor. I have hardwood in my room. Then I slept on a couch. Last year I traded that in for an IKEA daybed with the firm futon.

i don't think i've ever seen the whole thing emotion_zzz i've seen all the important clips though

doing that didn't make your back hurt? o:

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight
i don't think i've ever seen the whole thing emotion_zzz i've seen all the important clips though

The floor did eventually, which is why I stopped. Couches are like the most comfortable thing ever for me to sleep on.

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Casey Draws
starzXnight

The floor did eventually, which is why I stopped. Couches are like the most comfortable thing ever for me to sleep on.

couches don't give me enough room to roll =w= i also feel like a lot of them aren't really long enough for anyone to sleep without being curled up

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

couches don't give me enough room to roll =w= i also feel like a lot of them aren't really long enough for anyone to sleep without being curled up

I am short.

I don't really move much in my sleep so that was never a problem for me. I also do tend to curl a little, but I could stretch out just barely.

Pokehmawn's Husband

Wheezing Gekko

Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

I am short.

I don't really move much in my sleep so that was never a problem for me. I also do tend to curl a little, but I could stretch out just barely.

i'm not the tallest person either, but i still like my space emotion_zzz

i also may or may not roll, rotate, and/or sit up as i sleep

Spoopy Bard

23,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Party Member 100
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight
Casey Draws
starzXnight

I am short.

i'm not the tallest person either, but i still like my space emotion_zzz

i also may or may not roll, rotate, and/or sit up as i sleep

I'm all about maximizing space XD Even now I just have a twin size bed.

This could also be because I'm still living with my parents so I have one room to fit sleeping/living/workspace in, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff