Welcome to Gaia! ::

Defiled Freedom
Ichijou Masaki
Gaia like any other microtransaction site is a business.
Like, why are people so surprised and outraged?

Just because something is a business doesn't mean it's not a piece of s**t?

Also maybe because when you actually do support something for several years of your life and it sudden;y turns on you? Yeah, that my piss a few people off I think. lol

How exactly did a free to play website "turn on you"?
rolleyes

Desirable Genius

12,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ichijou Masaki
Defiled Freedom
Ichijou Masaki

Also maybe because when you actually do support something for several years of your life and it sudden;y turns on you? Yeah, that my piss a few people off I think. lol

rolleyes

rofl
Defiled Freedom
Ichijou Masaki
Defiled Freedom
Ichijou Masaki

rolleyes

rofl

It is free to play still.
You choose whether to micro-transact or not.

Enduring Hero

Defiled Freedom
Halfling Heroine
Defiled Freedom

^^^^^^I have absolutely no issue with paying to play, but it sort of gets a little out of hand when a business decides to use its inflation to kick users out to make way for exclusive gcash only users for a site that has absolutely no value to pay to play. Towns is dead. zOMG is gone. Tektek is gone. What is left here? ********' forums? I'm good.

I actually agree with you, I never said Gaia hadn't gone down the tubes in recent years. To add to the MMO comparison, at least with Pay to Play games, the game/service is maintained and regulated properly. On the other hand Gaia seems to let every feature other than the Cash Shop rot after a certain period of time. If Gaia wants people to pay, they have to provide a service (game?) that users will actually feel motivated to pay for. I only drift back to post in the forums occasionally, I have't spent money here in a long, long time. xp

Oh I didn't mean to come off as hostile, if I did. I'm sorry! I was just putting forth more input on the matter. But yeah, that's what I mean. My issue with gaia is that it hasn't provided anything worth while for a long, long time, and suddenly demands I pay to enjoy its most simplistic uses. I used to pay for Bundles and evolving items before, but I refuse to give this site any real money, given I get nothing out of it. It's not fun. I sell art if it wasn't obvious from my description, so it's not like I ever had troubles keeping up with the economy, but watching people drop like flies because everything they thoroughly enjoyed form this site was torn from their hands is just.... heart breaking.

No you're fine, no worries. 3nodding
I'm with you there, I used to be happy to drop a few euro on REIs and the like. Now I refuse to hand them over a single cent, even when it's something I really like. I just don't feel its worth the money anymore. Everyone I used to chat to on here is long gone, including a good friend of mine who I used to frequently commission avatar art from. It's a shame, but I guess nothing lasts forever, and Gaia certainly won't be around forever if people keep leaving in droves. At this stage I have a "take the best and leave the rest" attitude. I log in occasionally and disappear for long stretches of time. I rarely change my avatar. I'm just hear to chat when the notion takes me.

Desirable Genius

12,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ichijou Masaki
Defiled Freedom
Ichijou Masaki
Defiled Freedom
Ichijou Masaki

rolleyes

rofl

It is free to play still.
You choose whether to micro-transact or not.

They've dedicated the past year to pounding the idea in your brain that this site is no longer free to use with adds, announcements, an entire bar dedicated to paying for gaia cash, and different methods to give them money. Free to play. Yes. But no. Because prior, the idea was that gold was the free currency and cash was the optional, currency for better and faster results. They then proceeded to wipe the economy clean of gold by SELLING gold for cash. Gold is a filler. Gold is worthless on this site and so is the idea of playing for free. You can play for free, but you get nothing out of playing for free. There is no benefit for free users as there was before. So yeah, the free users don't want to be on a site where they cannot get anything for them being on this site. I don't know why that's hard for you to understand? rolleyes

edit** oh and in addition the amount of actual money you would have to pay to get decent items on this site is completely outrageous for even a NORMAL pay to play site, but seeing as the only offered product on here is forums, a dead towns, and virtual dress up items, it's a piece of s**t.

Desirable Genius

12,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Halfling Heroine
Defiled Freedom
Halfling Heroine
Defiled Freedom

^^^^^^I have absolutely no issue with paying to play, but it sort of gets a little out of hand when a business decides to use its inflation to kick users out to make way for exclusive gcash only users for a site that has absolutely no value to pay to play. Towns is dead. zOMG is gone. Tektek is gone. What is left here? ********' forums? I'm good.

I actually agree with you, I never said Gaia hadn't gone down the tubes in recent years. To add to the MMO comparison, at least with Pay to Play games, the game/service is maintained and regulated properly. On the other hand Gaia seems to let every feature other than the Cash Shop rot after a certain period of time. If Gaia wants people to pay, they have to provide a service (game?) that users will actually feel motivated to pay for. I only drift back to post in the forums occasionally, I have't spent money here in a long, long time. xp

Oh I didn't mean to come off as hostile, if I did. I'm sorry! I was just putting forth more input on the matter. But yeah, that's what I mean. My issue with gaia is that it hasn't provided anything worth while for a long, long time, and suddenly demands I pay to enjoy its most simplistic uses. I used to pay for Bundles and evolving items before, but I refuse to give this site any real money, given I get nothing out of it. It's not fun. I sell art if it wasn't obvious from my description, so it's not like I ever had troubles keeping up with the economy, but watching people drop like flies because everything they thoroughly enjoyed form this site was torn from their hands is just.... heart breaking.

No you're fine, no worries. 3nodding
I'm with you there, I used to be happy to drop a few euro on REIs and the like. Now I refuse to hand them over a single cent, even when it's something I really like. I just don't feel its worth the money anymore. Everyone I used to chat to on here is long gone, including a good friend of mine who I used to frequently commission avatar art from. It's a shame, but I guess nothing lasts forever, and Gaia certainly won't be around forever if people keep leaving in droves. At this stage I have a "take the best and leave the rest" attitude. I log in occasionally and disappear for long stretches of time. I rarely change my avatar. I'm just hear to chat when the notion takes me.

I got rid of everything except the outfit I just gave away. (Which was most of my expensive things .) And I figured someone who actually would use the site could use it instead of me just hoarding them. And I noticed I hadn't logged in in over 8 months so I figured it was time. xD This site is going to fail. I have no doubt it'll fail unless by some miracle they come up with a really decent game to market on it. I just didn't want to be attached to anything before it decided to give the "We're shutting down because we made bad decisions." bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff