Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Designer

Zebukul

I have a few... like batman... teenage mutant ninja turtles... sailor moon.

User ImageUser Image

~Ninja Turtles is a good one! I have the original movie trilogy on DVD, although i only really like the first 2 from that. Sailor Moon was my first anime. I can remember watching it at my babysitter's, along with the original SkyDancers and My Little Pony show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It took me until maybe high school until i actually learned what anime was, though, and figured out there were more shows like it.~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
OMG i loved Wishbone so much ;-;
Every once in awhile I get that feeling like I can't wait to go home and watch wishbone, like I'm in 3rd grade or something xd :
I haven't actually watched in a 100 years tho.
I wonder if it would be horribly nostalgic?

I loved Sailor Moon, it was a like a soap opera for me, I couldn't dare miss a single episode, I was obsessed xd

I haven't watched that in 100 years either, and I haven't seen the recent one, what was it called, Crystal or something?

Galactic Designer

User ImageUser Image

~Same. I don't know if it would hold up nowadays, or just be incredibly cheesy/cringy, but I would be willing to give it a try again. xD
I did get reminded of an old show recently, I thought it was a Goosebumps episode, but it was actually Are You Afraid of the Dark. I completely forgot that even existed, but it was about a pool monster that made me leery of pool drains after that... Some of those shows gave me real traumas. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Even kid scary is too scary for me!

Yeah, Crystal. I tried it, but the animation was wacky to me, and they were trying to mimic the manga style more, but that just gave everyone spaghetti legs, in my opinion. Supposedly it got better in later seasons, but I don't think I made it through the first.~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
Valansi
User ImageUser Image

~Same. I don't know if it would hold up nowadays, or just be incredibly cheesy/cringy, but I would be willing to give it a try again. xD
I did get reminded of an old show recently, I thought it was a Goosebumps episode, but it was actually Are You Afraid of the Dark. I completely forgot that even existed, but it was about a pool monster that made me leery of pool drains after that... Some of those shows gave me real traumas. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Even kid scary is too scary for me!

Yeah, Crystal. I tried it, but the animation was wacky to me, and they were trying to mimic the manga style more, but that just gave everyone spaghetti legs, in my opinion. Supposedly it got better in later seasons, but I don't think I made it through the first.~

OMG Ikr? Stuff you saw as a kid just haunts you forever lol

Oh that doesn't sound good. I don't think I'd like that then, if the art style is off that can really put me off a show or graphic novel

Galactic Designer

Dramatica Addams

OMG Ikr? Stuff you saw as a kid just haunts you forever lol

Oh that doesn't sound good. I don't think I'd like that then, if the art style is off that can really put me off a show or graphic novel

User ImageUser Image

~Yep. It just lingers and pops back out when you least expect it. xD

Yeah, it was a huge disappointment for me, since I was really excited to see someone do something like what Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card did. CCS was still a bit disappointing, but not something terrible enough for me to quit watching.~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
Oh I didn't even know about Cardcaptors surprised
I'm abysmally out of touch with Anime these days sweatdrop

Galactic Designer

User ImageUser Image

~I only knew because I still get emails sometimes from the animelist website, based on series i had marked viewed, and every now and then I check in on Crunchyroll. They have gone extremely premium now, though, so it's packed with ads and untouchable episodes unless you have a paid account. =[~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
Wow, the free tier on Crunchyroll was already pretty bad (the ads are so LOUD gonk ).
That sucks the quality has gone down even more now.
Must everything get worse emo

Galactic Designer

User ImageUser Image

~Yeah. =[
It went extra premium after Sony bought it, so we can blame them. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
ohhhh yeah, that makes total sense.

Anytime a smaller company is bought up or merged it's all just bad business practices from then on.
Make all the money you can til it burns to the ground then start something new -_-

Galactic Designer

User ImageUser Image

~Yeah. =[
Maximize profits, minimize staff costs. Fire as many as possible, microtransactions out the wazoo, and bloat so big the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
that is a good way of putting it, for sure!

So how has 2024 been treating you, Val?

Galactic Designer

User ImageUser Image

~It's been alright. Struggling with personal issues, but hopefully i can get help for that really soon. The weather is turning nice the last week. Today was at least 64, which is higher than it has been in quite a while. It's nice and sunny, with a lot of wind, but I enjoy gusty days. Spring is definitely on it's way.
How's the new year for you?~

Fashionable Vampire

28,390 Points
  • Charged Up 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
Yeah 2024 isn't starting out great for me either.
My neighbor/landlady's cat passed away at the beginning of the year and it really set the tone for the whole month of January for me.
Cat friends are no different than human friends to me and losing one really hurts sad
Besides that I've just been in a general funk that I am slowly starting to pull myself out of.

I agree it seems Spring is on it's way, though we haven't gotten days quite that warm yet in my neck of the woods!

Galactic Designer

User ImageUser Image

~Aww. =[ Yeah, cats are definitely just smaller furry friends. You bond with them, same as any other living, loving creature. I never understand people who think they have no emotions or feelings. You can clearly tell they think about things and have their own likes and dislikes. I don't think any of the cats I've had were ever exactly the same.

It'll probably be rolling it's way over there soon! All of that storming on the west coast is probably pushing a lot of fronts around.~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff