Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wily Leaf

16,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
Viscount
because while the LGBT interest groups do a good job of embracing allies, most gender-related focus groups do a great job of alienating them.
Whole lot of ********, just going to address this.

Allies are needed so long as they are useful. Votes, mobilization, whatever. If you aren't giving us numerical support, we do not need you. You don't have to like us. You just have to do your ******** jobs. "Alienation" is bullshit code for "I would help you, but... I don't like you enough to help guarantee your rights."

Why the ******** should a chickenshit like that get full rights unopposed while we have to be sweet as can be in order to be deemed worthy of having our rights fought for? This is why we "alienate." We're tired of being held to some bullshit standard and then being told it's our fault we don't have our rights guaranteed when we fail to me those bullshit standards.

For inalienable human rights, alienation seems to be an interesting excuse not to fight for them.

I'm going to go ahead and say whoever "us" refers to, if they share your decorum, they probably deserve the "...but I don't like you enough" aspect. While I am a big proponent of civil rights for all established communities, to what I consider to be acceptable degrees (I draw the line at "I identify as ___, so I should use their bathroom/locker room" wink , I do not feel motivated to take up the cause of people who more inclined to treat me as a meat puppet than an equal. If you're oppressing me with your language, I am unlikely to believe you are truly suffering from inequity, you know what I mean? I have limited time. If I have the choice to fight for the LGBT, which has always been friendly and tolerant to me, or the feminist lobby, which ranges from treating me like an equal to (more often) treating me like their recently-estranged slavemaster, who do you think is going to get my time? I'm just not motivated to help someone overcome an obstacle when they treat me like s**t. I'm sure you can relate.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a reasonable person who expects women to be sweet and docile. I prefer women otherwise. I have a friend who is currently a State Trooper -- first time I met her, she kicked me in the face with a steel-toed boot. I found that quite endearing. Most men don't expect women to be some docile stereotype, just as most women don't expect men to be Leonidas. Most people are perfectly reasonable, but if you don't treat them as such, they're not going to feel terribly moved by your plight. Am I sitting here, telling you to make me a sandwich, or am I speaking to you as someone who I consider to at least be on similar intellectual footing? I am not being disrespectful, nor are most of the men in this thread. We are not disrespecting women; it is you who is disrespecting men. Be careful that, in fighting your monsters, you don't become one of them.
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
Project 429
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
People who have to deal with discrimination deserve more protection than people who rarely do because, surprise surprise, the more discrimination you face, the more protection you need. You don't do a one-size fits all boondoggle just because you don't want to hurt the oppressor group's feelings.

This is the part where I would have interrupted you and mocked you through. People who (blank) deserve (blank).

Uh, no. That's not how life works. Things aren't doled out based on who can manufacture the most convincing need. It's also another argument from FEEL because you have not (and can not, for that matter) lay down any non-subjective criteria for oppressed and oppressor. Of course, even if you could you'd still be arguing that people DESERVE things. That it's FAIR that people gets things. The fact that you're advocating for an inter-generational debtors prison just is icing on the FEEL cake.

FEEL me a river.
"Intergenerational" gets real weak when you come to terms with the fact that systematic bigotries still exist in substantial force to this day. "You want me to pay for something from years ago!" just doesn't work when you know that you're contributing to the harm today.

This is the point where I almost asked: "How am I responsible for systematic bigotry?" but that is a silly question to ask. It's a pointless question and ultimately another Red Herring. The conversation would have put me on the defensive, forced to explain away what a progressive thinker I am-- how I like Malcom X, how I'm a 4th generation Polish immigrant, how I have unconditionally supported LGBTQ (and the libertarians have politically defended them for centuries before anyone else did and how all the shills are dickriding Obama for being such a progressive thinker who up until recently was against Gay Marriage) this and that and none of that ******** matters because you're still dodging the most important point.

How does being the victim of bigotry entitle you to anything?
Or you could choose to feel salmonberries instead1

Feel them while putting them all in a big great bakset for me!!! blaugh
People who care enough to follow Colbert on twitter and are stupid enough not to get the premise of the show after all these years deserve to be offended.
I dunno, I usually tend to ignore groups when they are just a couple of guys on the internet.

Aged Lunatic

Viscount

The part of the military that's held in the most esteem because of the "KILL ALL THE BADGUYS" social programming. War isn't about esteem. War is ugly. If you want to enter the Infantry for the honor of it all, Wilfred Owen has some words for you.

I'm willing to listen, but don't expect it to negate the massive a** kissing I'll get from the many other sources.

Quote:
Of the people my buddy has spoken to me about from his recent tour, he himself will never walk right again (after taking shrapnel to his leg), several of his friends have irreparable spinal/disk damage for life, some have to attend muscle therapy for years because their muscles have literally ripped apart under the strain of the job.

So you get a sympathy card to play in addition to the "I defended my country, soft-a**!" card. The deal just get's better and better.

Quote:
Society's hero worship romanticized Infantry for the wrong reason -- it's not about heroism, it's deeper than that. It's the embodiment of the darkest, grittiest part of American ideology, the strength of mind that it takes to live in the shittiest conditions, surrounded by enemies, far from home, unsure of what you're fighting for to the point that the only thing you're fighting for is to keep your teammates alive. It's not called The Suck for nothing.

You realize you kinda reinforced my point even more than I intended to plead for it, right? Only the strong of mind can do this necessary s**t.

Quote:
If you want to argue equality ethics and say "anyone willing to put themselves through that deserves the right to," I would halfway agree (I realize you did not make this argument; this is anticipating future arguments) in saying that someone who: A) is willing and B) is capable, deserves the right. Unfortunately, while I know plenty of women who can carry heavy things, and move quickly, and fire accurately, none of these are the most important aspect to the job. Stamina first, pain threshold second, and it's very difficult to argue that a physically-peaked male isn't going to vastly outgun a physically-peaked female in both of these departments. Most men can't do it (I can't), and even those who can tend to come out with lifelong handicaps.

So doing it proves you are strong of mind, and strong of body as well. I knew this, but again, you're only reinforcing that the infantry is held in the highest esteem for a damn good reason.

Quote:
Oh come on, don't compare me to Savage. Just because a perspective has some morons on board doesn't make it false. That's guilt by association and it's a rather nasty logical fallacy. Studies have been going for ages to try to counter the age-old perspective -- not long ago, the Marine Corp retired such a program because, of all their potential candidates, only one woman met the physical standards through PT, and she had to be retired around a year because of sustained personal injury. It has nothing to do with "better or worse," it has to do with acknowledging that males and females are built and wired differently.

Uh, yes it did. If she was up to snuff, she wouldn't have been retired. Femininity, as proven with that case, sucks. It's why I fight every part of it in my being as best as I can and can afford to. They are right in saying we are too weak to defend our country.

Different means one is going to be better the other.

Quote:
While the vast majority of tasks to be completed in this world can be completed adequately by people of either gender, there will always be outlying jobs on the extremes that take very specialized skillsets or genetics.

But the most noble and testing ones go to the men, as you proved just a paragraph above. Women can't cut it when it really counts.

Quote:
I've been out of it for a few years and I'm still pretty white/male-guilted. As I said below, most people are good and decent, but the public opinion influenced by a select group doesn't target select groups. In fact, it likely doesn't even impact select groups. When some media outlet or female-empowerment movement lashes out against masculine privilege, it's not the popped-collar fratboys that feel the sting, it's the more reasonable males whose only sin was guilt by association. To make somebody feel bad for being part of a group that wasn't their choice to join is no different than the reason they're lashing out in the first place. A small group of assholes make a large amount of the other group feel attacked; a small group of the attacked attack back, so now all of those loosely similar to the assholes feel the brunt of the attack. It's tantamount to killing civilians over a dispute between two heads of state. "When elephants fight, it is the ground that suffers" and all that.

And you don't think the opposite applies against women when MGTOW or AFVM begins proclaiming how subhuman and parasitical women are?

Quote:
The Entitled Christian lobby is ******** evil, there's no arguing that. It promoted slavery, racism, and unsafe work conditions for centuries. It tried to deny suffrage and equal civil rights.

Apparently on the suffrage part,they were right. You did a good job making their case for them.

Quote:
See, that's the perspective I'm talking about. To you, I must seem like "them," and maybe I am. But to me, I see the majority of people on the sides that oppose me, invariably. We all imagine the apathetic to be supporting the "bad guys" by not speaking up to help the "good guys." And you know, there ARE plenty of groups that are fine to interpret as "them," but the definition of "them" needs to be visited and discussed very, very specifically, because while the LGBT interest groups do a good job of embracing allies, most gender-related focus groups do a great job of alienating them.

I don't know what you are, honestly. ALl you gotta do, at least in my perspective, is answer one question; what role and function should I be made to do within society?

Newbie Noob

Project 429
The FEEL police continue to eat their own.

Not even satire is safe from FEEL crime anymore. There is no refuge. You will bend to the FEEL police.
The Feel Police Know Where You Live
User Image

Aged Lunatic

Project 429

how I have unconditionally supported LGBTQ (and the libertarians have politically defended them for centuries before anyone else did and how all the shills are dickriding Obama for being such a progressive thinker who up until recently was against Gay Marriage)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Libertarians have been just as mealy mouthed about LGBT rights as the Democraps have, just in a different form.

Libertarians gave ******** lip service to gay rights on the one stage, but they also on the other happily enable states and counties to do even worse things to us than the federals EVER did! When we gripe, you just trollface and tell us "Go move." and that's it.

Net result=jack s**t.

Fanatical Smoker

I AM R U
Project 429
You will bend to the FEEL police.

Bend and spread, people.
You kill me whee

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
GunsmithKitten
Glorious Leader Luna

Going to bet that the modern discrimination "white straight men" have suffered is more and far worst than the modern discrimination of minorities.

Challenge ******** accepted.

Ethnic cleansing in the Yugoslav Wars, First Chechen War and the Nagorno-Karabakh War

As i said "white straight men" is a broad term.

Aged Lunatic

Glorious Leader Luna
GunsmithKitten
Glorious Leader Luna

Going to bet that the modern discrimination "white straight men" have suffered is more and far worst than the modern discrimination of minorities.

Ethnic cleansing in the Yugoslav Wars, First Chechen War and the Nagorno-Karabakh War

Were they specifically targeted for their activities or identity specifically as straight white men, or was it over an ethno-political tussle?
GunsmithKitten
Uh, yes it did. If she was up to snuff, she wouldn't have been retired. Femininity, as proven with that case, sucks. It's why I fight every part of it in my being as best as I can and can afford to. They are right in saying we are too weak to defend our country.
Too week to join the infantry perhaps, but that's not the only way to defend the country. Especially in case of the USA something went horribly wrong if the infantry is needed to defend the country in the first place, namely the navy and air forced ******** up big time.
I read somewhere that women have an advantage as fighter pilots because they're generally smaller, which decreases the effects high g forces have on them. When was the last time a war was won without air superiority?

GunsmithKitten
Different means one is going to be better the other.
In certain situations, not overall. Generally speaking.

GunsmithKitten
Quote:
While the vast majority of tasks to be completed in this world can be completed adequately by people of either gender, there will always be outlying jobs on the extremes that take very specialized skillsets or genetics.

But the most noble and testing ones go to the men, as you proved just a paragraph above. Women can't cut it when it really counts.
Why are you so masculine-centric? I mean, really, "when it really counts"? Why is being fit enough to bash each others heads in the be all and end all on your list of things to achieve?
We're not even that strong compared to other animals. Chimpanzees, for example, are stronger than we are. Do you also lament not being a chimp?
We wouldn't be were we are today if all we ever did was bash heads in. There's this grey goo between our ears that's called a brain, that is what got us where we are today. Or would you discount Stephen Hawking as a failure because he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag without the aid of machines?
Glorious Leader Luna
GunsmithKitten
Glorious Leader Luna

pfffffft

slavs aren't white.

Aged Lunatic

The20
Too week to join the infantry perhaps, but that's not the only way to defend the country.

Only way that matters. Just ask Micheal Savage.

Quote:
Especially in case of the USA something went horribly wrong if the infantry is needed to defend the country in the first place, namely the navy and air forced ******** up big time.

The Navy? The group that all the other branches keep calling faggots?

And the Air Force? The "Chair Force" as the others call them?

Quote:
I read somewhere that women have an advantage as fighter pilots because they're generally smaller, which decreases the effects high g forces have on them. When was the last time a war was won without air superiority?

When was the last time a war was won without boots on the ground?

Quote:
In certain situations, not overall. Generally speaking.

Then they are not different.

Quote:
Why are you so masculine-centric?

Because it works and gets s**t done.

Quote:
I mean, really, "when it really counts"? Why is being fit enough to bash each others heads in the be all and end all on your list of things to achieve?
We're not even that strong compared to other animals. Chimpanzees, for example, are stronger than we are. Do you also lament not being a chimp?
We wouldn't be were we are today if all we ever did was bash heads in. There's this grey goo between our ears that's called a brain, that is what got us where we are today. Or would you discount Stephen Hawking as a failure because he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag without the aid of machines?

Because mental strength also factors in, another area where estrogen epic fails. Viscount made it quite clear.
GunsmithKitten
Quote:

When was the last time a war was won without boots on the ground?

1991, by most accounts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces