Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have a least favourite word?

Possibly. 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48 49 > >>

wonkyspoon
Quote:
When you add a subversive word of sorts, make sure you include a definition. Can anyone tell me what Womyn means?

I think it's just "woman" spelled with a 'y,' a product of pretentious prickheads who think 'y's make their story cooler.

Yeah. It's for feminists who are DEGRADED because the word 'women' includes the word 'men'. Because clearly the manfolk are getting them down with the word-hegemony or something. rolleyes
[Alphabravo]
wonkyspoon
Quote:
When you add a subversive word of sorts, make sure you include a definition. Can anyone tell me what Womyn means?

I think it's just "woman" spelled with a 'y,' a product of pretentious prickheads who think 'y's make their story cooler.

Yeah. It's for feminists who are DEGRADED because the word 'women' includes the word 'men'. Because clearly the manfolk are getting them down with the word-hegemony or something. rolleyes

I'm all about feminism, but that's taking it to a whole new level of stupid. Gives rational feminists a bad name.
wonkyspoon

I'm all about feminism, but that's taking it to a whole new level of stupid. Gives rational feminists a bad name.

WORD. I actually consider myself something of a feminist, but things like that just make me want to hit things.

(With my phallic sword of hegemony, haha)
[Alphabravo]
wonkyspoon

WORD. I actually consider myself something of a feminist, but things like that just make me want to hit things.

(With my phallic sword of hegemony, haha)

I wish I had a phallic sword of hegemony! surprised

Revered Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Faery, I am not old english. It's spelled fairy now.
I like how the word "hegemony" made it into the list of least liked words. I really quite like the word "hegemony." It's a very specific descriptor. An absolute powerhouse. This is probably my political side kicking in.

Much of the time, I dislike the use of the word "regime." This is because it is used wrong so much of the time. It does not mean "administration." A regime is a set of norms. The way things are done, both on a higher political level, and on the level of civil society. So "the Clinton regime" is simply the way things were done specifically while Clinton was in charge, rather than being an identification of the people involved in the administration.
uuuugh i just loath the word sac

yes, exactly how i spelled it

and i HATE it.....

so...so...much.....

stressed
Almost any word that starts with an S and contains a long-E phonetic sound. Squeak, Scream, Squeak, Squeeze, Seize, Seeth, Seep, etc., etc. I just don't like their sound. At all. *smacks self* I'm just crazy.
Wow, this is a weird topic.

I'd post a least favorite word but I can't think of one. confused
wonkyspoon
Oh dear lord, I hate the word 'orb,' but Foxy Grampa got there first. Cookies for you, dear.

I have a strong distaste for the words 'revelation' and 'sacharrine.'

Well, I'm sure there are more, but I'm not on the top of my game.
crying I've had to bite through many-a-sappy romance with that word. I think I even used it once in my naive youth before realizing how completely asinine it is. '_'

@Thonek: "Faerie" any better? sweatdrop

I was on neopets for years.
Don't blame me.
gonk I just like that spelling better.
All adverbs in existence. They always crop up in my writing every other word whether I mean to add them or not. Nobody just does things. They have to do things slowly, softly, gently, briefly, absently, slightly...
Requiem, revenant, sonata and sanguine all irk me, the words themselves are fine but the way they've been used by a generation of hyped up Japanese RPGs and then reintegrated as words that are now supposed to be 'cooler', especially in fantasy titles.

I should add Pavane, though I'm guilt of using that one sweatdrop
radoactive alchemist beat me to editing. I hate the thing so much I hate the word. evil
NOw I can't think of any more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces