Perfect Genius

Zmej
XunOnline
Zmej
XunOnline
Zmej
hello to you as well

How are you on this fine day? 3nodding
my dad died this morning so im just kind of exsisting, not really online to do much just my brain is numb so im just chillin

Oh dear :c How did he die?
I really couldn't imagine how I'd feel if my dad passed away, other than really sad sweatdrop
dont know yet im in afghanistan

Ah. Serving?
i gotta take my drivers test again after all these's years

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
XunOnline
FyoraSilverwolf
XunOnline
FyoraSilverwolf
XunOnline
FyoraSilverwolf

(33,888)

As in they forget or something? No, I don't think so. It's probably related to Pavlovian conditioning. 3nodding

Either that or a paradigm shift.
With Pavlovian conditioning, it would mean that they would have had to be taking the pill that actually chemically induces the effect as opposed to the placebo, which induces no effect.
But with a paradigm shift, it would be much more psychological and knowing that placebos only work if you think they do, would make them work ^.^

(33,891)

Actually, no. I'm referring to the act of taking a pill being conditioned to produce a feeling of well-being, regardless of what's wrong or what pill we're taking, because just about everyone has taken multiple different kinds of pills for multiple different kinds of problems, and they just about always help with whatever it is. Therefore, the conditioning is applicable to multiple, and very similar, stimuli. [Not to mention, they probably have taken a pill before that helped alleviate their Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or at least seemed to.]

So you're saying that the person, knowing that placebos only work if you think they will, thus thinks that the placebo will work in order to make it work? If that's what you're saying, then the people who didn't show improvement just didn't believe it would work. Which means there's still the problem of deceit involved, because the person who believes it will work is not correctly/fully informed.

Deceit,or faith ^.^;
"This pill does nothing. Unless you believe it will cure your illness, then it will cure your illness"

(33,892)

I refuse to get into that discussion with you, because, you may or may not realize it but, you have just likened your God to a placebo, which would seem to say he actually doesn't exist.

I anticipated you might say that sweatdrop
And only have to say that unlike a placebo that does nothing, my God actually "induces the chemical effects" (I'm not sure what would be a good analogy for it) 3nodding
But alright. 3nodding

(33,893)

You only have faith to support that, though, just like one only has faith to support placebos, according to your perspective.
XunOnline
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn
looks around

Hiya ^.^
And welcome 3nodding

hi how you doing this fine day

Doing alright, and you?

pretty goodjust been reading my favorite books again.

What are they?

the warhammer books called gotrek and felix books the first one is trollslayer and i never get tired of rerading them and theres like 15 of them

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
claude kenn

(33,894)

Good luck. 3nodding
FyoraSilverwolf
claude kenn

(33,894)

Good luck. 3nodding

i'am going to need it it's been 11 years since i first got it

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn

Doing alright, and you?

What are they?

the warhammer books called gotrek and felix books the first one is trollslayer and i never get tired of rerading them and theres like 15 of them

(33,895)

Do you play Warhammer or 40k?

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
claude kenn
FyoraSilverwolf
claude kenn

(33,894)

Good luck. 3nodding

(33,896)

Shouldn't be too hard, I know in my state, they removed the parallel parking section of the test. [Even though we have way more parallel parking out here than in most of the states where they still have it on the test.]
FyoraSilverwolf
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn

Doing alright, and you?

What are they?

(33,895)

Do you play Warhammer or 40k?

i use to play warhammer but now i just read the books. i have never played 40k

Perfect Genius

FyoraSilverwolf
XunOnline
FyoraSilverwolf
XunOnline
FyoraSilverwolf

(33,891)

Actually, no. I'm referring to the act of taking a pill being conditioned to produce a feeling of well-being, regardless of what's wrong or what pill we're taking, because just about everyone has taken multiple different kinds of pills for multiple different kinds of problems, and they just about always help with whatever it is. Therefore, the conditioning is applicable to multiple, and very similar, stimuli. [Not to mention, they probably have taken a pill before that helped alleviate their Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or at least seemed to.]

So you're saying that the person, knowing that placebos only work if you think they will, thus thinks that the placebo will work in order to make it work? If that's what you're saying, then the people who didn't show improvement just didn't believe it would work. Which means there's still the problem of deceit involved, because the person who believes it will work is not correctly/fully informed.

Deceit,or faith ^.^;
"This pill does nothing. Unless you believe it will cure your illness, then it will cure your illness"

(33,892)

I refuse to get into that discussion with you, because, you may or may not realize it but, you have just likened your God to a placebo, which would seem to say he actually doesn't exist.

I anticipated you might say that sweatdrop
And only have to say that unlike a placebo that does nothing, my God actually "induces the chemical effects" (I'm not sure what would be a good analogy for it) 3nodding
But alright. 3nodding

(33,893)

You only have faith to support that, though, just like one only has faith to support placebos, according to your perspective.

Faith and science 3nodding
I'm not sure if you read my conversation with Lefty about this sweatdrop

Perfect Genius

claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn
XunOnline
claude kenn

Doing alright, and you?

What are they?

I see ^.^
I still have the Warcraft books to read 3nodding
FyoraSilverwolf
claude kenn
FyoraSilverwolf
claude kenn

(33,894)

Good luck. 3nodding

(33,896)

Shouldn't be too hard, I know in my state, they removed the parallel parking section of the test. [Even though we have way more parallel parking out here than in most of the states where they still have it on the test.]

i hope thay got rid of it in my state that was always the hardest part.

Perfect Genius

Perfect Genius

I see ^.^
I still have the Warcraft books to read 3nodding
i never read any of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out