Total Votes:[ 32 ]

Dapper Dabbler

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
dyejob
why Hello Dollface
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

New page!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Doing that thing again where I'm bumping here for every ten bumps in Achievements.

This is just an informational post. I haven't reached ten bumps in Achievements yet.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ten bumps in Achievements.

I'm watching that terrific episode of Boy Meets World where Fred Savage plays the jerk professor who sexually harasses Topanga.

I have an autographed 8x10 of Danielle Fishel from the mid-'90s! She is totally wearing a denim vest with something floral and something white and lacy. That's SO '90s!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Twenty bumps! Well, technically 21, but I was ahead of myself before bumping here as I said I would.

You know, for a show that started out as a snarky sitcom featuring a very Jewish little boy, Boy Meets World started to get pretty dark and heavy during college. Shawn's entire story arc was pretty heady -- child abandonment, struggling with class and identity, pursuit of passion versus pursuit of practicality . . . Then Rider Strong went ahead and did Cabin Fever.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Thirty bumps in Achievements. Ten more, twenty more, let's see how I feel.

I'm playing with Supercook.com. Remember, I'm always thinking about food.

On the site, you can punch in stuff that you have in your kitchen and it generates recipes that use what you have. My favorite feature is that one can emphasize ingredients. So, if you're in a situation like mine and you have tons of celery and green onions that should be used soon, you can emphasize recipes that use those.

From there it suggests other common ingredients found in recipes (in a cloud/cluster format, which is nice), and as recipes pop up or disappear on the right, they will list how many more ingredients you may need for each recipe.

I'm about to search for an Android app of this site. I hope one exists!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
My sister used to work at Cooking.com. It's a pity she stopped working there before I landed a job that afforded me the time, money, and inspiration to cook all the time.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
And that makes forty bumps in the Achievements subforum.

I especially like helping people achieve Mark Twain because all I have to do is quote them. Two, three clicks tops. Even quoting them five times is 5% of the whole shebang. It really counts for a lot when all you need is 100 replies.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I should be going off to bed now instead of searching Google for good prices and reviews on immersion blenders and slow-cookers.

Counting this post, I am at 5243 posts. That puts me 4757 posts away from the damn Elocutionist achievement. Sigh. At least I post upwards of 50 times a day lately. At this rate I'll hit Elocutionist in 100 days. Ugh.

Dapper Dabbler

dyejob
Twenty bumps! Well, technically 21, but I was ahead of myself before bumping here as I said I would.

You know, for a show that started out as a snarky sitcom featuring a very Jewish little boy, Boy Meets World started to get pretty dark and heavy during college. Shawn's entire story arc was pretty heady -- child abandonment, struggling with class and identity, pursuit of passion versus pursuit of practicality . . . Then Rider Strong went ahead and did Cabin Fever.

hahahahahahaahhahaahahah shawn hunter!!!

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
dyejob
So I made a solemn promise to myself that I would try every single cheese sold at my favorite specialty grocer.

I made this promise about two weeks ago.

Since I began my cheesy quest, I have tried:
- Mimolette, a waxy French cheddar
- Roquefort, a pungent French blue cheese
- Hook's Four-Year Cheddar, a firm, very sharp American aged cheddar
- Cowgirl Creamery's Mount Tam, a soft, subtle American brie
- Cowgirl Creamery's Wagon Wheel, a firm and complex havarti-type
- Red Dragon, a red-wax-dipped Welsh gouda blended with mustard seeds
- Gruyere (can't remember full name), reminiscent of both Swiss and parmigiano
- Koko's Coconut Gouda, a Dutch gouda (not smoked) made with a dollop of coconut cream
- Manchego, a Spanish cheese made with sheep's milk (I've tried it before, from Trader Joe's)
- Lamb Chopper, a soft-firm sheep's-milk cheese from a small California dairy
- Cypress Grove Chevre "Sgt. Pepper" a goat cheese mixed with red pepper and spices
- Boschetto al Tartufo, a blend of sheep and cow milk aged with black truffles
- Rogue Creamery's Smokey Blue, a blue cheese smoked over hazelnut shells
- Cypress Grove Chevre's Purple Haze, fresh goat cheese blended with lavender and herbs
- Fiscalini smoked cheddar, from a creamery in Modesto, CA

I finally broke into a new stash of cheese. Aside from the Roquefort that I totally couldn't keep myself away from, I am adding two new cheeses to my have-tried list:

- Point Reyes Toma, a bit like a smoked gouda with a rind that may be inedible that I ate anyway
- Le Delice Mon Sire, a soft, high-quality brie that firms toward the middle

I'm kind of in love with the Mon Sire. I might eat it all right now. It might give me a heart attack.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
New Maximum Donkey
dyejob

hahahahahahaahhahaahahah shawn hunter!!!

LOL! Did you think he was cute growing up? I remember that he was a pinup boy back in the day. in the pages of Bop and Tiger Beat. I remember thinking he might get cute as he got older, but it never happened for me.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I should be asleep right now; instead I am desperately posting in Gaia to continue the progress toward Elocutionist.

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
Also, my house smells like bacon but my mouth tastes brie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff