And now for something completely...

...Explosive. 0.20103092783505 20.1% [ 702 ]
...Different. 0.21219931271478 21.2% [ 741 ]
...Sesquipedalian. 0.15864833906071 15.9% [ 554 ]
...Merciful heavens, MY COAT-TAILS ARE ON FIRE! 0.42812142038946 42.8% [ 1495 ]
Total Votes:[ 3492 ]

Dapper Vampire

User Image
Greetings, and welcome to The Intelli-Castle! Newcomers will be supplied with tea, biscuits and an optional side-serving of fuzzles.

This is an art freebie hangout, contest and giveaways thread, which is fuzzly, puzzly, a little bonkers, and occasionally liable to explode. Our home used to be in the Charity forum, but we've moved here in our shiny new castle because I accidentally blew up the old one we have evolved into a primarily art-based thread. Please make us feel welcome!

It will help new visitors to read the first few posts to understand the thread rules and contests, which have both item and art prizes. In the meantime, please make yourself at home and help yourself to a chocolate biscuit!

-Contents-
I. The Entrance Hall [You Are Here]
II. The Games Room [Events and Contests]
III. The Gallery [Artists and Art Freebies]
IV. The Laws of the Kingdom [Thread Rules]
V. The Library [FAQ]

-Updates and Current Events-

Listen up, chaps!
It's the Intelli-Castle's TENTH ANNIVERSARY!

This thread is ten years old on September 30, 2016! If you'd like to leave a special birthday message for the Castle, please do so here: Happy Decade, Intelli-Castle!
I will be hosting the castle's anniversary event from Friday, September 30 to Monday, October 3rd! (Extended due to some minor hiccups on Sunday!)

The 10th Anniversary Party Game works like this!
We're going to play Intellibombs, with a special twist! This weekend, I will be posting PURPLE BOMBS at random, along with a puzzle. These work a little differently to usual!
-The answer to PURPLE BOMB PUZZLES is always a FIVE-DIGIT NUMBER. Don't post the answer to these in the thread! Instead, type your five-digit number into the "page jump" box at the top or bottom of the page, to reach that page number!
-If you've got the right page, you'll find a post by me with a prize item in it. The first to quote the prize post wins the prize! Good luck!

I'll also have a special little present for you chaps at the end of the event. No hints, though!

User Image

Dapper Vampire

User Image
-Vitally Important Visitor Information-

THE INTELLI-CASTLE IS...
A marvellous, magical place where people come to chat, be silly at one another, and win or give away art, writing and item prizes via a variety of dastardly means (often involving RNG games, puzzles, and/or explosions). Welcome!

THE CODE OF CONDUCT...
The Intelli-Castle is a warm, safe and literate little community. These things are not permitted, and perpetrators will be thrown in the castle moat. Please mind the piranhas.
begging/spamming - chatspeak/txtspeak - strong language - personal arguments or attacks - triggering or inflammatory subjects

User Image AND AS FOR THE EXPLOSIVES...
Intellibombs are my (The Gent's) favourite way of giving away prizes. What's the point of being king of a castle if you can't blow people up now and then? Intellibombs are posted around every 100th page (when I am online), and during special events and thread parties, along with a game or puzzle to win the prizes inside. Some of the thread's other regulars post games and prizes for freebies too, especially during events, so keep your eyes peeled!

Note: The Castle's games and events are currently on a hiatus! Watch this space for future updates.

Dapper Vampire

User Image
-Visitor Information Which Is Not Really Important But Possibly Slightly Interesting-

User Image Q. WHY IS THIS THREAD SO HUGE?!
A. Aha! The Intelli-thread has a long and illustrious history! It has been around in various forms since 2006. It began as a puzzle-themed charity from 2006 to 2010, and after a long hiatus, was re-opened as a games and giveaways thread with art freebies in 2013. Finally, it transformed into the Intelli-Castle, an art freebie hangout, in July 2014, though we still have games and giveaways, too!

User Image Q. Guild? What Guild?
A. The Intelli-Castle does have a guild. All of the activity takes place in this main thread, but the guild forum is somewhere for us to keep things related to our little community, like art, contests, photo and voice clip galleries, art request threads, and so on. To visit, click the button below, or the one in my signature!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image Q. Why don't you do The Quoting Thing?
A. People sometimes ask why this thread has a minimal quoting policy. There are a few reasons: firstly, chatting as a group rather than in pairs is cosier and more welcoming for others who want to join in! Secondly, the thread's games require that people spot the appearance of random posts, and people who only visit the thread in response to a quote notification miss these. And thirdly, because we often chat as a group and the thread can get busy, for everyone to individually quote everyone else in the conversation would be impossible! As such, the Intelli-Castle is best enjoyed when browsed in a traditional fashion. Thank you for your assistance in making the Intelli-Castle delightful and delicious!

User Image Q. How can I support The Intelli-Castle?
A. Thank you kindly for asking! If you enjoy the thread, links and likes are greatly appreciated. You can click the heart button at the top of the thread to give us some love, and under the spoiler button below are some banners and buttons which can be added to threads or signatures. And of course, the best way of all is to join in! smile

User Image (by BabyKagomeGirl)
Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/m6pq4gn[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/oofasz3[/IMG][/url]

User Image
Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/lusew38[/IMG][/url]

Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/qyferfo[/IMG][/url]

User Image
Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/kw8t8zl[/IMG][/url]

User Image (by Dark m00nlight)
Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/pc74bt2[/IMG][/url]

User Image (by Kiara-kins)
Code:
[url=tinyurl.com/l4fo5k7][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/onh3gsb[/IMG][/url]

User Image Q. What on Earth is a fuzzle?
A. This thread does indeed have a great many fuzzles in it! A fuzzle is a snuggly cuddle which looks a bit like this: User Image or this: User Image.

User Image Q. And who are you? You talk funny.
A. I am The Intelli-Gent, magniloquent maestro of puzzles and fuzzles and impeccably-dressed top-hattedness. I am usually known as Gent or The Gent, and occasionally other peculiar things, such as "Gent-cakes", "Gentikins", "Gentie-poo", and "His Almighty Marvellousness King Gent, Overlord of All Gaia, Protector of the Brilliant Minded, and Victoriously Handsome and Dapper Host of the Intelli-Thread". emotion_awesome I am extremely British, excessively cuddly, ostensibly a vampire, and my top hat has a TARDIS-like and well-furnished interior which is an excellent venue for tea-parties. Hello!

User Image

Dapper Vampire

User Image

THE OBLIGATORY MUSHY THANK-YOU POST

The Intelli-Castle would like to warmly and sincerely thank all of its wonderful participants, old and new, who have contributed over its decade of life to making this place what it is. You all turned a silly idea for a charity thread into an extraordinary little community, and I hope you are all as proud as I am to see what the thread has become.

I would personally like to thank everyone who donated to the thread or fundraised for it during its final year as a charity, when changes to Gaia's economy made running a large charity a challenging choice of Gaian career. I am greatly appreciative to all of you!

User Image

I can't possibly thank all of the people I would like to thank individually, but I feel that I ought to highlight:

The guild crew, for your assistance, friendship and loyalty. I could not manage without you! emotion_hug
PetrichoraV, teastain, BabyKagomeGirl, Dark m00nlight and Kiara-kins for all the beautiful graphics and banners which adorn this page!

Thank you all! I love you!

Dapper Vampire

User Image

GROUP ART
Wherein shall be stored images of the beautiful denizens of the Castle!

Beautiful group art commissioned by Valkyrja of Heaven!
User Image

Christmas Tree Bauble art by Hero-corn (Baubles by Hero, trees provided by teastain and Bookkeeper Blue!).

User Image
User Image

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire

Dapper Vampire