...Explosive. 0.20103092783505 20.1% [ 702 ]
...Different. 0.21219931271478 21.2% [ 741 ]
...Sesquipedalian. 0.15864833906071 15.9% [ 554 ]
...Merciful heavens, MY COAT-TAILS ARE ON FIRE! 0.42812142038946 42.8% [ 1495 ]
Total Votes:[ 3492 ]

Dapper Vampire

A Message from The Gent

To any curious readers:

This thread first began its life in September 2006, when it operated in a different format to the current one. The original Intelli-Thread front page was deleted and replaced with the Intelli-Castle front page in July 2013. If you are interested in looking through some of the earlier pages of the thread, you may find that the discussions therein make more sense if you have seen the original front page, which I have stored in our old guild.

Alternatively, if you would like to visit the Intelli-Thread Puzzle Archive (which used to be stored in this post) you will find it here.

Fuzzles,
G.
Wonderful idea you have here. I think I might have to stick around, seeing as this seems a likely place to find intelligent conversation. 3nodding Oh, and here's the answer to your Letter Challenge.

Luna's Answer
MULE

MALE
GALE
GALA

GAIA

I definitely think I'll subscribe to the thread. 3nodding

Dapper Vampire

[This post has been deleted for reasons I no longer entirely recall]

heart
Try not to make it too tricky. I just happen to have a rather sizable vocabulary, as well as a penchant for logic problems and word puzzles. whee Say, I could probably help out if you decide to include riddles as part of your thread. I find riddles are an excellent way to excercise the gray matter. 3nodding

Dapper Vampire

Lunaria Sangrael
Try not to make it too tricky. I just happen to have a rather sizable vocabulary, as well as a penchant for logic problems and word puzzles. whee Say, I could probably help out if you decide to include riddles as part of your thread. I find riddles are an excellent way to excercise the gray matter. 3nodding

Difficulty will vary, in any case, depending upon the number of letters currently in my inventory. rofl

That sounds an excellent idea. You are very welcome to submit riddles and other puzzles. In fact, if any other people are interested in doing so, I may add an extra section for submitted puzzles. 3nodding

Dapper Vampire

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

RANDOM INTELLI-TEST FACT:
The Earth gets heavier each day by tons, as meteoric dust settles on it. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Vampire

Kilts are not native to Scotland. They originated in France. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Phantom

12,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
This is a wonderful topic! This will be going in my subscribed threads as well. It's nice to see someone in this wide, wild Gaian world who knows the merits of a good vocabulary, functioning grammar, and tactful manners. I think the puzzles will be a lot of fun as well.

Hmm, I was just reading about Oscar Wilde last night as I was researching dandyism. I go spoony over fops and dandies, I'm afraid.

Well, anyway, here's to hoping I get to use the word "defenestrate" in some context in this thread. It seems the most likely place on Gaia for this to happen.
Cool factoids. ^w^ I've got a couple of nice riddles for you to put up, and I'll PM you the answers.

First Riddle
Buckets, barrels, baskets, cans.
What must you fill with empty hands?

Second Riddle
The builder doesn't need me,
the buyer doesn't use me,
the user doesn't want me.

What am I?

I hope you can put these to good use! 4laugh

Dapper Vampire

BastettePixie
This is a wonderful topic! This will be going in my subscribed threads as well. It's nice to see someone in this wide, wild Gaian world who knows the merits of a good vocabulary, functioning grammar, and tactful manners. I think the puzzles will be a lot of fun as well.

Hmm, I was just reading about Oscar Wilde last night as I was researching dandyism. I go spoony over fops and dandies, I'm afraid.

Well, anyway, here's to hoping I get to use the word "defenestrate" in some context in this thread. It seems the most likely place on Gaia for this to happen.

Thank you very much, madam. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are many worse things to go spoony over, if I may say so. And I do hope this thread attracts many more people who enjoy such words as "defenestrate".

Dapper Vampire

Lunaria Sangrael
Cool factoids. ^w^ I've got a couple of nice riddles for you to put up, and I'll PM you the answers.

First Riddle
Buckets, barrels, baskets, cans.
What must you fill with empty hands?

Second Riddle
The builder doesn't need me,
the buyer doesn't use me,
the user doesn't want me.

What am I?

I hope you can put these to good use! 4laugh

Thank you very much. smile It's good to find another inventor of puzzles. I will add them to the front page, if that is all right with you. 3nodding Credited, of course.

Dapper Vampire

The earth travels through space at 660,000 miles per hour. gonk

I just found this and I think I love it! I can't wait until you start with the questions because I'm terrible at word puzzle things. I like that you post random facts. Lots of fun!

Dapper Vampire

Letter challenges won't always be word puzzles, so don't worry. 3nodding But the in-thread questions will be easier.

Those will be starting in a day or two. I would like time to get a little more interest in the thread first. wink

Nothing to see here... just somewhere to put this.

Record of Progress
Past first checkpoint
Connie_Girl
FreeYourSoul
Dilandra101
Kariri-suu
Teh K9
fiarra
Lavariver
Astroasis
glass_magnolias
Suneagle
l)![7470r_Sv3n
Murderous Lemur
Keeko1642
I is Luna Lovegood
Shimmerblossom
Huroggmeten
TMBergerson
bubblespaz21
evangeline.dark
randomosity333
Sila-chan
Shadow Coon
~Angelina Elven~
Isis375
lan-neko
ccchhhico
calypso-maru
believe_in_faeries
Kissypoo-69
Shirael
PixelatedLuv
cooldude624
MetraGnome
Reisei
Kynxah

Past second checkpoint
Teh K9
Lavariver
Connie_Girl
)![7470r_Sv3n
Astroasis
bubblespaz21
FreeYourSoul
Suneagle
Dilandra101
glass_magnolias
fiarra
TMBergerson
Shadow Coon
evangeline.dark
lan-neko
Isis375
ccchhhico
Sila-chan
PixelatedLuv

Completed by:
Astroasis
Lavariver
Shadow Coon
Teh K9
fiarra
Suneagle
The Intelli-Gent

Letter challenges won't always be word puzzles, so don't worry. 3nodding But the in-thread questions will be easier.

Those will be starting in a day or two. I would like time to get a little more interest in the thread first. wink

Oh good. I'll have a better chance at winning then... biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces