Total Votes:[ 41 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 109 110 111 > >> »|

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Kuroda Kaori

Yeah... I've had many good times on gaia. I love to read as well and I think I started that back up before I got back on the internet period (I walked away from fb and everything for about a month or so).

I agree. Even though this place isn't the same, I just enjoy it... whether its the nostalgia or the fact that there are so many interesting nooks in this site, not to mention the awesome items... Anyhoo, rest well and have a great tomorrow!

Sorry about leaving so quickly. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment and I didn't get home until 8, so I was ready for bed not long after that.

I've been rereading Anne Bishop's books lately. She was the first author I started reading in middle school, that really got me to be a reader. And I have to say, I'm still pleased with her writing. Which, that might be nostalgia, too.

Sometimes I feel too old for Gaia. whee Not often, but sometimes.

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Generous Hoarder

13,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
bra_nutty
Kuroda Kaori

Yeah... I've had many good times on gaia. I love to read as well and I think I started that back up before I got back on the internet period (I walked away from fb and everything for about a month or so).

I agree. Even though this place isn't the same, I just enjoy it... whether its the nostalgia or the fact that there are so many interesting nooks in this site, not to mention the awesome items... Anyhoo, rest well and have a great tomorrow!

Sorry about leaving so quickly. Yesterday I had a dentist appointment and I didn't get home until 8, so I was ready for bed not long after that.

I've been rereading Anne Bishop's books lately. She was the first author I started reading in middle school, that really got me to be a reader. And I have to say, I'm still pleased with her writing. Which, that might be nostalgia, too.

Sometimes I feel too old for Gaia. whee Not often, but sometimes.

Oh, no problem! Don't feel bad. I've had one of those long days today sweatdrop We had an event at work today that ended at about 6pm and we finally left around 6:30. I live about 1hr and some change from where the event was... and that's without traffic sweatdrop

Anyhoo, Anne Bishop sounds familiar but I can't think of any books off the top of my head. I'll definitely put it on my "to look into" list. I just finished... or rather I thought I finished this series and found out there are 3 more books about another character but still with the original character as the focus... anyhoo... The first book is called Kushiel's Dart. It's pretty great... I'll ramble about it later if you are interested. The other series is Inda and that book set was so wonderful. Hehe, I'm trying not to go into too much detail about each book but I LOVE talking about books.

Yeah, I have that feeling every so often... (being too old for gaia) but not often enough or long enough to keep me away. Besides, I've meet cool people on gaia who are grandparents so I think mid-20's isn't bad razz

Welp, my turn to crash. Have a great night and an even better tomorrow!

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Kuroda Kaori

Oh, no problem! Don't feel bad. I've had one of those long days today sweatdrop We had an event at work today that ended at about 6pm and we finally left around 6:30. I live about 1hr and some change from where the event was... and that's without traffic sweatdrop

Anyhoo, Anne Bishop sounds familiar but I can't think of any books off the top of my head. I'll definitely put it on my "to look into" list. I just finished... or rather I thought I finished this series and found out there are 3 more books about another character but still with the original character as the focus... anyhoo... The first book is called Kushiel's Dart. It's pretty great... I'll ramble about it later if you are interested. The other series is Inda and that book set was so wonderful. Hehe, I'm trying not to go into too much detail about each book but I LOVE talking about books.

Yeah, I have that feeling every so often... (being too old for gaia) but not often enough or long enough to keep me away. Besides, I've meet cool people on gaia who are grandparents so I think mid-20's isn't bad razz

That sounds like my drive to and from work every day. rofl Maybe not that bad... 45ish minutes to work and then an hour to an hour and fifteen on my way home in traffic. I get to listen to lots of music and audiobooks. 3nodding What kind of work event, if you don't mind me asking?

If you like traditional fantasy novels with feministic undertones, Anne Bishop is your gal. Her flagship is the Black Jewels trilogy. My library has weeded the last copy of "Kushiel's Dart" so I requested it through ILL. We'll see how long it takes for me to get it. 3nodding I'm a big book person myself. I'm a librarian, so....

Generous Hoarder

13,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
bra_nutty
Kuroda Kaori

That sounds like my drive to and from work every day. rofl Maybe not that bad... 45ish minutes to work and then an hour to an hour and fifteen on my way home in traffic. I get to listen to lots of music and audiobooks. 3nodding What kind of work event, if you don't mind me asking?

If you like traditional fantasy novels with feministic undertones, Anne Bishop is your gal. Her flagship is the Black Jewels trilogy. My library has weeded the last copy of "Kushiel's Dart" so I requested it through ILL. We'll see how long it takes for me to get it. 3nodding I'm a big book person myself. I'm a librarian, so....

I had to come back to say... WHAT!!! I love you!!! You're my favorite human!!! I saw the bit about being a librarian and was like "must respond NOW"

Okay kicking myself off, I'll gladly respond to all of the above later. Night smile

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Jounouchi_1
Thank you biggrin

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Kuroda Kaori

I had to come back to say... WHAT!!! I love you!!! You're my favorite human!!! I saw the bit about being a librarian and was like "must respond NOW"

Okay kicking myself off, I'll gladly respond to all of the above later. Night smile

rofl

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Generous Hoarder

13,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
bra_nutty
Kuroda Kaori

Back ^_^ So commutes, My drive to work is 45mins-ish without traffic in the morning and 1hr-1:30 with traffic. If I take the HOV it's about 35-40mins if the HOV isn't backed up. On the way back, if I leave between 3 and 4 its about 45mins. One minute after. It's minimum an hr... I stopped looking at the clock while I drive... And spotify has many driving playlists razz

I work for a non-profit and yesterday we had a clayshoot where donors paid for teams and got to travel the gun club trails to shoot clay. We also had raffles and auction items. It was a lot of fun. I'd never been to a gun club before, nor have I shot clay. I was too busy to get a chance to try it though... Anyhoo...

I love fantasy. I love women (myself included) and I really want to say I have heard of or at least started to read the black jewels trilogy... are they named Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald? I think i read Emerald and Ruby if that's the correct book. -too lazy to google atm...-

Kushiel's Dart is a great series! I highly recommend it. It's one of those stories where you just NEED to know what's going to happen next. I think Inda stole my heart more because the characters really spoke to me and you get to see them grow up. It's like, your best friend has this mad adventure and is telling you about it... in 3rd person razz

And... I'm home late again so I'm gonna shower and then do responsible adult stuff before I crash again.

Have a good night and an amazing tomorrow!

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Kuroda Kaori
Back ^_^ So commutes, My drive to work is 45mins-ish without traffic in the morning and 1hr-1:30 with traffic. If I take the HOV it's about 35-40mins if the HOV isn't backed up. On the way back, if I leave between 3 and 4 its about 45mins. One minute after. It's minimum an hr... I stopped looking at the clock while I drive... And spotify has many driving playlists razz

I work for a non-profit and yesterday we had a clayshoot where donors paid for teams and got to travel the gun club trails to shoot clay. We also had raffles and auction items. It was a lot of fun. I'd never been to a gun club before, nor have I shot clay. I was too busy to get a chance to try it though... Anyhoo...

I love fantasy. I love women (myself included) and I really want to say I have heard of or at least started to read the black jewels trilogy... are they named Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald? I think i read Emerald and Ruby if that's the correct book. -too lazy to google atm...-

Kushiel's Dart is a great series! I highly recommend it. It's one of those stories where you just NEED to know what's going to happen next. I think Inda stole my heart more because the characters really spoke to me and you get to see them grow up. It's like, your best friend has this mad adventure and is telling you about it... in 3rd person razz

And... I'm home late again so I'm gonna shower and then do responsible adult stuff before I crash again.

Have a good night and an amazing tomorrow!

Yeah, that sounds pretty spot on for my drive too.

That sounds neat. Do you get to help organize the events?

That sounds like a different series. The first book is "Daughter of the Blood," then "Heir to the Shadows," and "Queen of the Darkness."

I've got Kushiel's Dart on order, so I should get it in the next week or two.

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
heart sweatdrop

Generous Hoarder

13,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
bra_nutty

Yeah, that sounds pretty spot on for my drive too.

That sounds neat. Do you get to help organize the events?

That sounds like a different series. The first book is "Daughter of the Blood," then "Heir to the Shadows," and "Queen of the Darkness."

I've got Kushiel's Dart on order, so I should get it in the next week or two.

Yes ^_^ It's pretty great, although my plate is pretty full at the moment... I'm hoping to "clear some dishes" tomorrow so I don't feel so behind come Monday...

Hm... Those names sound familiar too... I wonder if I just happened to read those books around the same time... I'll look them up... eventually...

Yay! I hope you enjoy the series. If you wanna chat about any parts of it I am ever so open to discussion ^_^ And I don't do spoilers, even if you want them razz

And once again it is late. I had a rough morning... someone called our house at 2am for non-important things... and then I couldn't sleep for another 1.5hrs or more... I wake up at 5:30 for work (gotta be there at 7) and I'm already not a morning person sweatdrop needless to say, today was a smidge painful razz

Anyhoo, forgive my rambling! Tell me about your day and I shall respond on the morrow!

Original Gaian

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Kuroda Kaori

Yes ^_^ It's pretty great, although my plate is pretty full at the moment... I'm hoping to "clear some dishes" tomorrow so I don't feel so behind come Monday...

Hm... Those names sound familiar too... I wonder if I just happened to read those books around the same time... I'll look them up... eventually...

Yay! I hope you enjoy the series. If you wanna chat about any parts of it I am ever so open to discussion ^_^ And I don't do spoilers, even if you want them razz

And once again it is late. I had a rough morning... someone called our house at 2am for non-important things... and then I couldn't sleep for another 1.5hrs or more... I wake up at 5:30 for work (gotta be there at 7) and I'm already not a morning person sweatdrop needless to say, today was a smidge painful razz

Anyhoo, forgive my rambling! Tell me about your day and I shall respond on the morrow!

I spent all day working on our 20' long bulletin board and creating a "mugshot" photo op for banned book week next week. Busy busy day. 3nodding

And in a few minutes, we're heading out of town to visit my fiance's parents.

That is all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces