Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Winner

I might have tried that game once.
Meh.

Did play some Fantasy Life over the weekend. Trying to get my sister to up to where she can use the DLC so we can both get it.
Gunna start those crafting classes as I'm kinda plateauing on the other Lives with the crap tools that I have for them. Need to start making my own!

Beat the Elite Four without much of a problem and I don't think any of my 'mons were at level 60 before I entered. Ha. I remember the day when I grinded my team to 70 before trying the Four for the first time...
There's a lot of aftergame though, I'm quite pleased actually. I assume this is the "Delta Episode." Haven't finished it yet though.
National Pokemon are available immediately after finishing the Elite Four though. Paused through the Delta Episode and went back to catch me a Vulpix and was pleasantly surprised to find a Growlithe. :3
Also have a new love for Sharpedo that I've never known before. Especially when Surfing. x3

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Diablo 2 was fun. I like it more than 3.

I haven't played many games, just trying to beat TRI... I think I'm stuck on the last level.

And besides that it's mainly just been League of Legends. Came in 2nd in a tournament. So close to finally getting a first place.

Also speed running, I need to find a new game to run that I don't absolutely hate right away.

Shirtless Winner

Apparently that one friend of mine is still playing League as well. He says he gets sponsored now and livestreams as well.

What's speed running?

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Damn well congrats to him.

Speedrunning is attempting to complete a game as fast as possible. Therer's some rules but each depend on individual game communities. And then there's different routes and categories, like Any% just beat it asap, 100%. Which is 100%ing first. And stuff like Any% Glitchless if you use glitches in the games.

You learn some really cool game mechanics depending on the game you're running.

Shirtless Winner

That would be very fun, depending on the game. Like Zelda. :3

Kicking butt in Fantasy Life. Got my other sister to get the game as well, so now the three of us have it. Can't wait until Christmas where we can all play together!
@ Baz - Decided to try to craft my own weapons and armor...lot harder than it sounds. The blacksmith requires things the carpenter makes, and the carpenter requires things the tailor makes.. So I've been simultaneously trying to level up all three lives together...might have bitten off more than I can chew.
I've gotten all three up to expert though. Think once I'm hero I'll be able to make things useful to me.
It's definitely eating up my cache of goodies..

Versatile Codger

nope, tidal set is the best you can craft, and the difference between top quality and store-quality makes little difference end-game.

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Zelda can actually sometimes be one of the least fun games because of the amount of time people have put into it. Like. The strategies and glitches and physics abuses are incredibly hard to do.

World Record for OoT is like 18:10 or something ludicrous like that.

And then you have the newer games that don't have as many glitches but still have a TON. So you end up doing dozens of frame perfect glitches over a 3-5 hours time period and it takes a ton of concentration.

That said they're super fun but you really need to be dedicated and love that Zelda game. You can't just pick it up to learn and not care for it.
That's true for a lot of speedruns though. It's really easy to learn a game but just tire of it because it's not interesting enough to you for how much work it is.

Shirtless Winner

@ Baz - Tidal isn't the best set...that's only a Master-level recipe... There's at least Rune stuff that's better.
End-Game Equipment Guide
According to this, I read that Ancient and Valkyrie stuff is the best, but I haven't checked whether that's craft-able or not.

@ DM - I heard about that 18min thing. Glitches. Crazy. I don't think glitches should count.
Kinda wanted to look into the Pokemon challenges. I know they have ones where you release the 'mon if it faints and to go through the entire game with just your starter or something.

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I mean, speedrunning is literally using anything that's coded into the game for the fastest. There are glitchless categories for people who don't want to use glitches though.

But I have to say, a glitchess Zelda speedrun just isn't as interesting or exciting as a glitched one. Half of what's interesting in speedruns is game mechanics and abuses and how you can push the game to the limit. It gives a really interesting look at how the game was made and coded just by looking at what interacts how and what you can do to break it. That's just my personal view on it though.

Versatile Codger

I was talking about pre DLC, Ocean. xD
pre DLC, Tidal is the best you can craft. and the difference between making quality stuff and buying it from wherever the ******** land is really hardly noticeable pre DLC.

Versatile Codger

Also, DMM, I've been meaning to do a sequence break of OoT for a long time, that I think I might try and do with my time off over the holidays. But I agree, Zelda speedruns tend to be not as much fun becuase the franchise is so big, they're kind of one of the first things people try and do.

That being said, I can speedrun Link to the past in about an hour and 45 minutes. the fastest I've heard of is an hour and 20 or so. Can't be bothered to cut my time any more than that, though.

I've played that game a ridiculous amount of times though.

Shirtless Winner

Stop making it sound so cool, guys! The last thing I need right now is to get into something else!

@ FL - Only bad thing about having people to play with you is it keeps you from buying the DLC to wait until they do. I'm growing anxious for it...may just do it anyway...force them into it, haha.

Romantic Gekko

7,775 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Welcome 3plex!

@Ves - Nice, I actually think the 2D Zelda's are more interesting than the 3D in some ways. I was trying to learn Twilight Princess but Early Sword/Shield is awful and I never want to deal with that xD

Generous Citizen

Hello, 3plex! =D

Yeah, I try not to involve myself in doing any speedrunning. It does sound very neat to perform such acts of skill, which I can appreciate, but I just have never been into anything speed related, (i.e. running in races), because I love taking things slowly. When it comes to gaming, I try to appreciate every little detail of design; from the aesthetic to the gameplay mechanics to the soundtrack and lore. Just soaking it all in and, in a sense, understanding the developers ideas and thoughts during development. It's actually a big part of why I love indie games so much because when a team of usually less than a dozen people make a game, their personalities permeate the product so much.

But of the speedruns I have seen, they are quite interesting to watch. Actually, there is a speedrunning convention happening near me in January of next year that I might go to because it sounds like fun to watch that stuff live, moreso than livestreams. :3

@Zelda - I love all of the Zeldas I've played, maybe excepting Spirit Tracks and Link's Crossbow Training. The 2D ones are fun and easy, but I love experiencing all that the 3D ones have to offer. Most recently I finished Twilight Princess, after being put off initially by the beginning, and found it much more like a modern Ocarina of Time, which I had loved in my childhood, and ended up loving Twilight Princess in adulthood. Except for the howling...that was kind of the terrible ><

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff