• Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
II Certified II
heart

Your avatar is beautiful. D=
So many pretty friends of Blue.

Eloquent Heckler

youkoonna
I was told to do volunteer work and part time work while in school, but I never had the time for that. xd I might end up having to start with part time work if it's easier to get than full time just to add to my resume myself.

I bet you have career counselors at your school. I definitely recommend seeing one. smile

Sorry to barge into your conversation here, but I have some decent advice!! sweatdrop

I graduated in 2011 and had a horrible time finding a job even though I had honors and a great GPA and all that... so I did odd jobs like petsitting (which can score you some surprising earnings). And then I eventually found my way into remodeling houses--painting, removing wallpaper, resurfacing walls for about $15 an hour. FINALLY, after about a year of all that, I got a job in HR at the local hospital which I hated, but the pay was great. And now I've moved on to a job in marketing with a company I absolutely love. It's a salaried position at 50 hours a week, so a lot of hard work, but it's what I love to do!

Things that really helped me out were joining LinkedIn. That should be #1 if you don't have one yet. Connect with everybody you know! Most of my friends were also unemployed at the time, so I connected with their parents as well and ended up getting interviews at places like Cisco and Oracle just because of who I knew--you never know what long shot might pay off.

Also, if you have a local job site, try applying for jobs there instead of big job boards like Indeed. That's how I got my current job and I had much better luck getting interviews there. Big companies use similar software to what we had when I worked in HR and the worst thing about that is the software will screen you out based on years of experience, licensure, etc. so any chance you have to submit your actual RESUME instead of filling in text boxes, your chances will be much higher that someone will actually see it!

Last point--if you have any free time once you're out of school, use it to learn software that's applicable to the career you want. I taught myself video editing and did some silly things for Youtube that ended up paying off for me in the long run. Anything you can do to add more assets to your resume can only help! Sorry for the novel, but I so sympathize with this struggle!!

Sweet Cutie-Pie

12,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Qwanna
II Certified II
heart

You don't recognize me anymore? I still remember your name xp
II Certified II
Qwanna
II Certified II
heart

You don't recognize me anymore? I still remember your name xp

Yes, I recognize and remember you. =P

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Thank you Blue, and all your colorful forms!
youkoonna
Thank you Blue, and all your colorful forms!

blue is back?
.tangerine.tears.
cat_ninja

tangerine! heart
Qwanna

Your avatar is beautiful.

cat_4laugh Thank you!! You too <3 all the baos
Holy Ariel

tangerine! heart

Oh you so pretty! Like Cinderelly but purdier xp
.tangerine.tears.
Holy Ariel

tangerine! heart

Oh you so pretty! Like Cinderelly but purdier xp

thanks I did what I could do for the ball event thingy but I guess gaia isn't doing a ball at all!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff