Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Due to a glitch and the forum migration, I had to move my past 2 charity threads to a new home.
We should actually have 1k pages at the start of this new thread!
The original charity thread is here. The 2nd A.B.C. thread is here.

The story behind the charity:
*taps on my dark halo* This old thing just isn't as shiny as it used to be. I've been known to have some trouble in my past.
The Big Guy (*points up*) says that I need to start doing some good deeds around Gaia if I ever want to see that golden hue on my halo again. So, I started this charity hoping that someday soon, I'll finally get it.

Post #1: You are here! (In case you were lost....)
Post #2: Teh rules - Part 1
Post #3: Planned for 2009
Post #4: Donators & Bumpers heart
Post #5: Blacklisted scream
Post #6: Wanted/ Announcements
Post #7: Angel ish buying stuffies!
Post #8: Other links I like
Post #9: Link to the charity
Post #10 Teh rules - Part 2
Post #11 Special stuffies
Post #12 People I've donated to
Post #13 Forfeited donations
Post #14 Featured quest
Post #15 Current month's donations
Post # 2
The rules that will NOT change:
1) Do not PM me asking for gold or donations. Do not PM me the form. And don't beg either! (That is an automatic NO donation.)
Basically, do not PM me for any reason except to thank me for a donation. Post the form here in the thread.
2) You may chat or bump here UNLESS I've posted that the charity is closed.
(Unfortunately I do have to close sometimes for updates and such.)
3) You will only receive ONE donation from me (ever). There are thousands of Gaians and only one of me.
4) If I suspect your account is a "mule" that acts poor to beg for gold/donations, I will NOT donate to you.
This means I WILL read the post history of those I consider donating to.
5) If you are not selected for a donation, you may try again the next month.
6) DON'T come into the charity and say "Erm... is anybody here?" if you don't get an answer right away.
I do check the thread regularly, but I don't live here! I have a life outside of Gaia.
7) You must be a Gaia member for at least 1 month and have at least 50 posts.
No, I don't have anything against newbies... I have donated to/adopted them many times only to have them quit Gaia shortly after they join.
Therefore, I'm giving donations to people that have shown they are active Gaia members.
8 ) You have one week to confirm your donation once it's been sent or it will be forfeited.
(You will be ineligible for future donations as well.)

9) Say THANK YOU (preferably in the thread, but PM works too) when I send you a donation.
If you have time to return the trade, you have time to say thank you.
I will NOT complete the trade unless I get a thank-you first.
I will cancel your donation if you don't say thanks when you return the donation trade.
I shouldn't have to tell you people to have good manners, but apparently I do. domokun

10) Read and follow the other rules in post #10 below. You will find the form there.
About 2009 Donations

This year I intend to give away 1k to 15 people every month.
(This is for those who properly apply in the charity.)

In addition, I will give away more funds each month to random questors I see while searching the quest forum.

15k X 12 months = 180k + ? random donations = approx. 200,000g planned for '09

(Amount may be adjusted depending on various factors such as contributions to the charity, price of sealed letters I sell in the market to fund the charity, etc. )
User Image
Donators and Bumpers

DONATORS: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Anzcrazy eek eek , Danger2you eek , FallThruStardust eek , FF Fana eek , Genea eek , Gretyl eek eek , Icebrat eek , I Ceymore Ratz eek ,
imgreathowboutu eek eek ,Kaltaka eek , Katirai eek , Kisa__Sohma eek , KupoWrath eek , Kyoko Jun eek eek , Lynne17 eek , MayLafay eek ,
Nigma D ( a.k.a. Odessey) eek , round_eyed_me eek eek , rurica eek , Rymiona eek , Saigiri eek eek , Setet eek ,Squall_X eek , Suicidal Pickle eek ,
Suisheu eek , Tarotess eek , Tennath eek eek , Vaga Deathrose eek , White___Snow eek , x3 -_Sasha yO_x Dx eek

Also: Aryamenda13, Carolynette, catper712, cletus22, Demiloc, Drez04, emikay, Foxen Nato Miru, Frustrated,
hexedog, hk50cc, Hyzaku-Genji, JoyRose, Kamirose, lizzie893, MrIraq, mystical_china_dreams,
omanafreak, [ Pink.Marshmellow ], Razberry Pop, .[Royalty]., Sapphyreseraph, Saraye, Sarissia, shadowvwolf, [[shiori]],
SilentSyren, Silver Gryphon, sk8tergirl178, tasha.h., Tatsumi_Sagara, tinyx7, Toozet, TwilightDRAGONX,
Vashtir, Wolfwind37,
ZiplocBag, Zinka

If you want to donate to ABC, please send donations to ABCmule
Click here to donate to ABC!

User Image
BUMPERS:

Thanks to all of you who bump this charity so others can find it.
The 1st thread was nearly 700 pages long before the 1st page died, and the 2nd thread was around 300 pages.
I'm sorry I can't list all of you here for time/space reasons, but you guys know I love you!!!
heart
Post #5 Turds who were flushed down the toilet of doom!

None since 2006. Let's keep it that way! wink
Post # 6

Announcements!

Angel had foot surgery on April 23rd 2009, and she's still recovering. sad

Easy gold here ----> User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image ABC is bringing strawberry pocky to the picnic.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I <3 Ron Bruise! And NO you can't jump on my couch!
UPDATE 3-11-07 THE BUYING STUFF THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Sorry but I'm not interested in buying stuffies at the moment.

I started a shop to buy your unwanted items if you need to sell them in a hurry.
If you want to sell me anything listed in my "buying stuff" thread, just send the trade titled "FOR SALE" to me.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8074929
Take a peek if you have unwanted things to get rid of.
(Please don't bump that thread. I prefer being online when people are trying to sell their things so they can get their gold quickly.)
Post # 8
Links I Like

User Image

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Click the link below for a listing of other charities.
post #9 Link me!

You may use these banners in your thread/sig to link to ABC.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
Thanks Chimera_Doll and Ashlichan for the banners!

Codes to link to ABC can be found on page 2.

Post #10:

I suggest that you read the entire first page before filling out the form. Post your completed form in the charity thread.

THIS IS THE FORM FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT:
1.) Provide a link to your quest thread.
(Don't say "See my sig, click my sig, etc." wink
Your quest thread must be at least 5 pages long and located in the charity/quests forum.

2.) Name of item you are questing for
3.) Current cost of the item you are questing for
The item you are questing for must cost more than 10k.
You must be questing one specific item. If you are questing for something like "every green item" on Gaia, please go to a different charity. There may be some exceptions to this rule at my discretion, but not likely. This also means I won't donate if you are: questing every hat on Gaia, questing every monthly collectible, questing more items than I own myself.... GET THE POINT?

4.) How much do you have saved (in gold/and items) towards your quest?
If your item costs more than 100k, you must have at least 10% of the amount already saved before I will donate.
5.) Post "The Pittsburgh Steelers Rule!" here in line #5.
(Angel is a proud member of the Steeler Nation. Post what it says above or I'll whack you with my Terrible Towel! )

Say thank you (in this thread or via PM) when I send you the donation.
I WILL CANCEL THE DONATION TRADE IF YOU FAIL TO SAY THANKS!

CHECK THE POSTS BELOW TO SEE IF THE MONTHLY SLOTS ARE FULL BEFORE YOU APPLY.

Don't waste my time or your time by applying if you don't meet the criteria. I will NOT donate to you.
I can't possibly donate to everyone on Gaia... so the rules are there for a reason.
User Image
The spot for special stuffies:

Here's the winning poem from my poetry week. Thanks Reydragk! You made me laugh.
Quote:
AngelWings4me
runs a charity
where she gives out gold
to questers young and old.
Doesn't matter if your old or a newbie,
hey, i just noticed that newbie rhymes with boobie.
I'm not a great poet, as you can see,
but i'd still appreciate it if you'd donate to me!

Zinka made me this sheep. He's teh charity mascot!
(Sheep go to heaven. Goats go to hell.)
User Image
User ImageNew baa-dass sheep from ariaore! <3

Teh infamous "jar of balls" (now with added gallbladder).
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thanks 6pack1 for the orginal artwork. heart
And thanks robolee for the "bloodier version". eek heart
The jar of balls was brought here from the original charity.
It's usually sitting on the counter, but sometimes I put it in the window to scare off anyone who dares not to read/follow the rules.
(Yes, I WILL rip off your balls & stick them in the jar!) Most of these balls belong to ex's of the regulars around here.
Now we have Lynne17's gall bladder too! xd (I stole it so she wouldn't need gallbladder surgery.)

(post #12)
People I have donated to: Current number of Gaians served= 965!

The list of donation recipients has been moved to page two because it has become WAYYYYYYY too long.
Forfeited donations

acid-rabbit, Cranial, coastiedude, Ichi tanto, kayy1806, Pippenea, solid158, Wolf_man1
Jade127 (Donation cancelled on 5/22/07 for failing to say thanks when I sent him 1k)
Sultry_Death (Donation cancelled on 5/22/07 for failing to say thanks when I sent her 1k)
xX [P]sycho [A]ngel Xx (pg 850. - donation cancelled on 6/1 for failing to say thanks when I sent her 1k)
TheOrangeAlchemist (pg 851- donation cancelled on 6/1 for failing to say thanks when I sent her 1k)

Scorpiella (donated in March '09, cancelled in May '09 for failing to say thanks when I sent her 1k)
Featured quest

July 2009 - No featured quest at this time.

Waiting list Donations are updated to pg. 1248

1k each, 15 people max in June 2009
1. Le Misere
2. revampedfallenangel

User Image

(Did you remember to say thank-you? *hint hint* I will NOT complete the trade unless you say thanks!)

I'm no longer keeping a list of people who didn't read the rules or filled out the form wrong.
It's WAY too much work for me. Read the rules (thoroughly) if you want a donation.
If you don't get a donation this month (for not following the rules), you can reapply next month. domokun domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff