Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thank you to all who donated! I'll post all the gifts in the 3rd post once they're opened.

Happy birthday! 0.5 50.0% [ 2 ]
I gave a gift! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I won free stuff! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Last minute gift! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
All of the above? 0.5 50.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 73 74 75 > >>

Dangerous Hero

7,450 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Torii Attendant 100
This is another top favorite one. It is such a giffable moment
User Image

Dapper Capitalist

iiilullaby-katie
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie
but if they're based off a book - different can be bad, we want to see they story we read - not something that's like the story we read.
the great gastby (the old one, not the leo one) was pretty close to the book - fit together well.
and LOTR wasnt super close to the book but the movies were excellent in their own way - even after reading the book.

Hollywood doesn't make movies for the people who read the books. Their goal is to make the public want to go out and see it. Most people, believe it or not, don't read. The movie adaptations aren't for us, unfortunately.
And I LOVE the new Great Gastby. I fell asleep on the old one. On the other hand, the old Picture of Dorian Gray was great, the new one, not so much. Don't know if you've read Divergent, but I liked it waaay better as a movie.
if they made them like the books though, they would be just as good or better. most people I know love to read.
I haven't seen the new one yet - I have to reread the book for my American history class thi year though so I might watch the new one after that.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book - the story didn't appeal to me when I read the book jacket.

I know what you mean, but it's hard to translate somethings from book to movie. Some times it's awfuuuuul. But hey, to each his own. I respect the interpretations directors make even if I don't agree with them. That's hollywood....

Invisible Elocutionist

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie
but if they're based off a book - different can be bad, we want to see they story we read - not something that's like the story we read.
the great gastby (the old one, not the leo one) was pretty close to the book - fit together well.
and LOTR wasnt super close to the book but the movies were excellent in their own way - even after reading the book.

Hollywood doesn't make movies for the people who read the books. Their goal is to make the public want to go out and see it. Most people, believe it or not, don't read. The movie adaptations aren't for us, unfortunately.
And I LOVE the new Great Gastby. I fell asleep on the old one. On the other hand, the old Picture of Dorian Gray was great, the new one, not so much. Don't know if you've read Divergent, but I liked it waaay better as a movie.
if they made them like the books though, they would be just as good or better. most people I know love to read.
I haven't seen the new one yet - I have to reread the book for my American history class thi year though so I might watch the new one after that.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book - the story didn't appeal to me when I read the book jacket.

I know what you mean, but it's hard to translate somethings from book to movie. Some times it's awfuuuuul. But hey, to each his own. I respect the interpretations directors make even if I don't agree with them. That's hollywood....
somethings, yeah. aand if you included everything they would be like 8 hours long - it's when they ADD things or change an important detail.
I don't watch a lot of movies.

Dapper Capitalist

iiilullaby-katie
somethings, yeah. aand if you included everything they would be like 8 hours long - it's when they ADD things or change an important detail.

Yeah, I probably watch too many, lol
Sayuri Nonomura
poya1237
Sayuri Nonomura
poya1237
Hello~

Hey, how's it going?
pretty much ok^^

I got you. I'm relaxing. I have netflix and a crochet project.

Oh i see^^

Invisible Elocutionist

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie

I just watch them when other people put them on really.

pollik23 generated a random number between 0 and 500 ... 22!

Angelic Star

21,115 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Canny Agent 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
Happy Birthday dear~ heart

kileysummer generated a random number between 0 and 500 ... 48!

Dapper Capitalist

iiilullaby-katie
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie

I just renewed my netflix. Before I started binging Criminal Minds I watched like 12 movies in 3 days.

kileysummer generated a random number between 0 and 500 ... 115!

Dapper Capitalist

pollik14
Happy Birthday dear~ heart

Thank you!! emotion_bigheart

kileysummer generated a random number between 0 and 500 ... 14!

bump 7
"'My ancestors sent me a lizard to help me?'
'Dragon, dragon. I don't do that tongue thing'"
quotes from memory; correct me if I'm wrong please
50: Thoughtful Bride
150: Her Duplicity
250: Icy Marionette
350: Loony Hatter
450: Random GoFusion charms

Invisible Elocutionist

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie
Sayuri Nonomura
iiilullaby-katie

I just renewed my netflix. Before I started binging Criminal Minds I watched like 12 movies in 3 days.
i never understood marathoning a show on Netflix.

kileysummer generated a random number between 0 and 500 ... 479!

bump 8
"Did you see those Huns? They're popped out of the snow, like daisies!"

kileysummer generated a random number between 0 and 500 ... 74!

bump 9
"Now that's what I call Mongolian barbecue."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas