Welcome to Gaia! ::

My friends have been saying to me for a while, "When you get a girlfriend blah blah blah."
I keep telling them that it's not going to happen for a while.
They said, "You wont even see it coming, it just happens."
I find it hard to believe that you find people like stray cats. They just show up one day and you keep them.

Disscuss:
How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/other?
Were you expecting it?
Did you even think the relationship would go anywhere at first?

Dapper Gawker

He was just some guy I talked to about video games and anime on AIM long ago. I didn't expect love to happen.

I was 15; he was 19. During my leisure time, I'd go in the AIM "video game" chatroom and talk about games. He was one of the people to IM me, and we ended up being online buds for a while. I stopped going on AIM when summer ended, and the next time I went on wasn't until I was in college four years later. Since it's been a while, I decided to clean my buddy list and just keep my college buds and family on it. Anyway, though, he IMs me saying "Who is this?" and we try to refresh our memories. I did end up remembering him as the "guy who went to airplane school." We went back to chatting... a lot. Before you know it, a week or two has gone by and he says one thing that hits me hard like a truck of hearts. Also, listening to Muse's "Blackout" didn't help at all. So, I confessed how I felt, and he felt the same way, too. Thus, our relationship began back in early 2008. It's long-distant still. He's in the Coast Guard so he's pretty much trapped where he is for a while.

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: I met my boyfriend on gaia. I didn't expect it, I didn't even want to date online but my feelings were too strong. I'm glad I went with it because I'm currently living with him and very happy.
Im Rinny
ℜinny says: I met my boyfriend on gaia. I didn't expect it, I didn't even want to date online but my feelings were too strong. I'm glad I went with it because I'm currently living with him and very happy.
Really? Holy crap.
That's...really awesome.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Me and my bf went to hs school together so initially we knew each other from hs. But my senior year, his junior, my family was moving and we just so happened to be moving like, 5 houses away from him xD
So me and him had got to talking at school and as it turned out, my house has some history to it. So I guess the house had sat abandoned for a while, so when he found out my family was going to be moving in, he wanted to exchange numbers so when my family went to go check out the house, I could call him and he wanted to check out the house as well.
So, over spring break my family moves and I guess there's not many kids out age in the area so me and him were always hanging out, because we enjoyed the company and at the time we were good friends.
We kinda start doing the couple thing of cuddling and crap. Then right about the beginning of December, he just kinda kisses me one day. We just kinda left it at that, and carried on. Well I was kinda curious as to where we stood relationship wise and I asked him one day and he said "well I figured you'd be my girlfriend now" and here we are 3 years later :3

Fashionable Lunatic

PhD Joey
Im Rinny
Really? Holy crap.
That's...really awesome.
ℜinny says: Yep, I feel proud for making it work. Thanks 3nodding

Original Regular

We're attached, at the wrist.

Golden Fairy

Met on here.
Joked about marrying him.
Related over how hot girls are.
Decided to meet.
And I've just adored him ever since.

Golden Fairy

Brother Kam
If your hands don't work out, you could always try feet.
I've heard heels can be pleasurable to sit on.

Hilarious Prophet

My hand and I have always had a distant relationship but somehow we manage to put aside our busy schedules and love.

Original Regular

Nazi Dreams
Brother Kam
If your hands don't work out, you could always try feet.
I've heard heels can be pleasurable to sit on.

I don't even-

If the union goes south, I'll call you.

Golden Fairy

Brother Kam

I don't even-

If the union goes south, I'll call you.
;D
Death To Clowns 05
Me and my bf went to hs school together so initially we knew each other from hs. But my senior year, his junior, my family was moving and we just so happened to be moving like, 5 houses away from him xD
So me and him had got to talking at school and as it turned out, my house has some history to it. So I guess the house had sat abandoned for a while, so when he found out my family was going to be moving in, he wanted to exchange numbers so when my family went to go check out the house, I could call him and he wanted to check out the house as well.
So, over spring break my family moves and I guess there's not many kids out age in the area so me and him were always hanging out, because we enjoyed the company and at the time we were good friends.
We kinda start doing the couple thing of cuddling and crap. Then right about the beginning of December, he just kinda kisses me one day. We just kinda left it at that, and carried on. Well I was kinda curious as to where we stood relationship wise and I asked him one day and he said "well I figured you'd be my girlfriend now" and here we are 3 years later :3

And you just went with it? I would have question his a**.

An ex-friend of mine tried to pull that s**t TWICE.
She just assumed I would go to prom with her.
AND one time she guilt me to in going to her party. No one showed up...and she confessed her love to me. It was so ******** awkward. emotion_drool
Jacque De Molay
My hand and I have always had a distant relationship but somehow we manage to put aside our busy schedules and love.

High five! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces