I use a [insert name of non-Apple tablet here]. 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 2 ]
Obligatory Pollwhore Option 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 9 ]

Witty Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Well, I have been researching this rumored Apple tablet, and I'm not sure what to think. I am a college student, and I am saving up to get a tablet to use for classes, and I think the iPad is the best tablet to get. The new iPad was what I was aiming for, but I caught wind of this alleged iPad Mini arriving around next month. Supposedly smaller to compete with other similar sized tablets, it is going to boast a 7.85in screen, as opposed to the iPad's 9.85in screen. I can see how it would be more portable, but would it practical? It would feel different in your hands, and the screen may not even by Retina. Though, it will be a big release from Apple, following the recent iPhone 5. Another pro to the Mini is that the price will be lower. I say lower, but not by much. But hey, a discount is a discount! But I have read that it will be priced at the same range as the line of fifth generation iPod touches. If that's the case, why should anyone get a touch then? Just get a Mini for the same price that does all the same stuff! I'm not really sure what Apple is doing here...I'm sure it makes sense to them.

I'm struggling to know what exactly the iPad Mini is: Is it a smaller iPad? Or a larger iPod touch?
This is not the place for discussion or rumors. Please look in the rest of the forum lol

Witty Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
DEM0N1337
This is not the place for discussion or rumors. Please look in the rest of the forum lol

If you're gonna tell me I'm in the wrong place, at least tell me where to go, please.
iMack Pro
DEM0N1337

If you're gonna tell me I'm in the wrong place, at least tell me where to go, please.

There is a tech discussion forum, as well as the chatterbox and General discussion. read the rules before posting and you will know where to go.

Witty Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
DEM0N1337
iMack Pro
DEM0N1337

There is a tech discussion forum, as well as the chatterbox and General discussion. read the rules before posting and you will know where to go.

That is what I am doing? Discussing the iPad Mini (a form of technology).

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
iMack Pro
DEM0N1337

This is the tech support forum.

The tech discussion forum is a subforum of this one.

Edit: fail quoting

Witty Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
Ashimakase

Ah, I see. I am in the wrong. Thank you ever so kindly for correcting me. I shall be more careful in the future.
iMack Pro
Ashimakase

Ah, I see. I am in the wrong. Thank you ever so kindly for correcting me. I shall be more careful in the future.
eyup. just change the title to a period or something and re-make it in the tech talk forum.
Ashimakase
iMack Pro
DEM0N1337

This is the tech support forum.

The tech discussion forum is a subforum of this one.

Edit: fail quoting

It is ok i forgive you lol.

Shameless Enabler

If it's not announced at the next event, it won't become a reality until at least March/April. If you don't hear the news you're looking for soon, just get the iPad 3; it's a pretty nifty device.

Witty Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
nouveau sereph
If it's not announced at the next event, it won't become a reality until at least March/April. If you don't hear the news you're looking for soon, just get the iPad 3; it's a pretty nifty device.

If the iPad Mini isn't announced, I will deff opt for the new iPad. The only thing is...they will be release a "new" new iPad probably in March. Make it thinner, use components of the iPhone 5, bettery battery, IGZO screens, blah blah blah. And that annoying little Lighting Connector too...

Shameless Enabler

iMack Pro
nouveau sereph

If the iPad Mini isn't announced, I will deff opt for the new iPad. The only thing is...they will be release a "new" new iPad probably in March. Make it thinner, use components of the iPhone 5, bettery battery, IGZO screens, blah blah blah. And that annoying little Lighting Connector too...
So what? Waiting for Apple to stop making products so you can get one that won't be superseded in a year or less is pointless. Short of overnight insolvency, it's never gonna happen. On the plus side, though, they have a fantastic history of supporting iOS devices for at least 3 years, and the iPad 3 is really really good, so it's not like you're gonna regret your purchase; not unless you're the kind of arsehole who needs to have the latest Apple something no matter what, anyway.

Witty Phantom

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
nouveau sereph
iMack Pro
nouveau sereph

So what? Waiting for Apple to stop making products so you can get one that won't be superseded in a year or less is pointless. Short of overnight insolvency, it's never gonna happen. On the plus side, though, they have a fantastic history of supporting iOS devices for at least 3 years, and the iPad 3 is really really good, so it's not like you're gonna regret your purchase; not unless you're the kind of arsehole who needs to have the latest Apple something no matter what, anyway.

Just trying to get my money's worth. The new iPad IS a pretty awesome piece of machinery, I must agree.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff