Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think about the accident? Could it be prevented?(the accident) How?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
how does this topic have something to do with computers/hardware/electric beeping stuff? o.O
Rakh
how does this topic have something to do with computers/hardware/electric beeping stuff? o.O

Well, given that the concorde incorporated a digital avionics suite, and was a rather large piece of hardware, complete with electonics (Of which, we can assume, there was probably at least one capable of beeping.) I think the real question is: how come you cannot read the damn rules before shooting your mouth off like a dunce?

On topic: Well, aside from clearing the runway better, any potential solutions are above and beyond my level of knowledge. Maybe if we get some aeronautical engineers in here they can answer in more detail?

-O
/me scrapes a burnt to a crisp Rahk out of the frying pan.

now /me hopes you dont fall right into the fire :p

last i knew, airlines had a tendancy to fudge untill it was 'not safe enough' meaning an overhaul isnt done till it should have been done, a check is only done after it's needed, repairs are done after they should have been done.
while this is probally not the case, it's well known and well reported that it happens frequently to many aircraft in a lot of airlines.

in essence, they cut corners untill they get caught.

apart from that, Accedents happen?
I heard that the concorde had been package with more weight than in other times. And whose airline was the plane that lose that part?
Normally Aircraft are designed with numerous layers of contingency and the desingers often set down estimated life expectancys of certain parts of the aircraft.

At the end of this lifespan the aircraft has to go get serviced, And the fatiugied parts replaced... however even if some of those fatiuged parts gave out the aircrft could still make it back and complete. as long as only one or two parts gave out. It has continency

The danger comes from this is when the plane is due for a service and some fatiuged parts are found... however someone higher up decides "Mmm Its very expensive to replace that and it has got a backup part if it should fail"

cutting corners in procedure with aircraft is responcable for nearly all aircraft accidents. Not only in maintainence, but also with securaty as seen with the spet 11th disaster.
Darkphantom
Normally Aircraft are designed with numerous layers of contingency and the desingers often set down estimated life expectancys of certain parts of the aircraft.

At the end of this lifespan the aircraft has to go get serviced, And the fatiugied parts replaced... however even if some of those fatiuged parts gave out the aircrft could still make it back and complete. as long as only one or two parts gave out. It has continency

The danger comes from this is when the plane is due for a service and some fatiuged parts are found... however someone higher up decides "Mmm Its very expensive to replace that and it has got a backup part if it should fail"
cutting corners in procedure with aircraft is responcable for nearly all aircraft accidents. Not only in maintainence, but also with securaty as seen with the spet 11th disaster.

But air france will never do that becuase the concorde was an unique piece and if they do that their rating will go down

And also the concorde was overstressed in the takeoff secuence
Ophichius
On topic: Well, aside from clearing the runway better, any potential solutions are above and beyond my level of knowledge. Maybe if we get some aeronautical engineers in here they can answer in more detail?
Speaking as an aerospace engineer, my understanding of the incident was that a piece of debris was sucked up off the runway and destroyed the engine. Ophi is correct, there's no real solution that would have fixed this problem, save for clearing the runway better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff