Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Cub

User Image Gaia, even if it's Windstream ******** up, you seriously need to address this. A bug thread with two pages, and no moderator or any other staff saying anything? How unprofessional.

Benevolent Accumulator

13,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Felina75
I'm another Windstream customer as well. I'm only able to access Gaia because of a handy little Google extension called Data Compression Proxy. The word or phrase generator that is used to play BG in tanks won't work for me because of the proxy.

Windstream made the comment that it could be Gaia accidentally blocking its access. No one really cares whose fault it is, we just need a little communication with both sides to see what is going on. It has been 2 days now and that is exactly when the site was down for "maintenance". I'm just saying that Windstream didn't do any scheduled maintenance at that time. This issue needs to be addressed. We are loyal users here too and we want our Gaia back. lol.

Tech Info:
BrowserMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36

Internet provided by Windstream.

This. Exactly my issue although my tech info differs, but I'm fairly certain that isn't the issue anyway.
It started the same day the site went down for maintenance. I've not been able to log on without a proxy since then.
Windstream also told me they couldn't find an issue on their side, they are just not getting responses from your servers, at all. But they are still looking, supposedly. rolleyes
I can only get to the site at all because I downloaded Chrome and the proxy plug in.
I want my Firefox back. I use my tektek toolbar often, and there isn't one for Chrome.
Not to mention my bookmarks and all the information I use daily for various sites including Gaia is saved in Firefox and having a separate browser for Gaia alone is becoming seriously frustrating.

Has anyone at Gaia addressed this issue, or at least been made aware of it?
Zero Omega
emotion_c8

Please help us? emotion_kirakira

Cheery Conversationalist

I'm wondering if they can even see our thread. cat_eek If they aren't acknowledging Tickets that are being filed and ignoring these bug threads, perhaps we are like a ghost in the system to them. What if we look like a glitch in their system? lol. Mind bending spoons over here. cat_pirate

Generous Giver

Does it time out (not load at all) or are you getting any kind of error message?

My guess is that someone was overzealous with their HTTP blacklisting and did a wildcard match on the Windstream network range.

There doesn't seem to be any other reports that Windstream is blocking other websites, so I'm confident that this is a problem on Gaia's side.

Cheery Conversationalist

PoultryChamp
Does it time out (not load at all) or are you getting any kind of error message?

My guess is that someone was overzealous with their HTTP blacklisting and did a wildcard match on the Windstream network range.

There doesn't seem to be any other reports that Windstream is blocking other websites, so I'm confident that this is a problem on Gaia's side.
If you are a Windstream customer and you type Gaiaonline in the search bar, it will show the top results. You can then click on the web address and it will take about 10-20 seconds to load and when it finally loads something it says, "This webpage is not available." Then if you show more info it says, "Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT."

Thank you for your input. I think I remember someone commenting on Gaia possibly black listing Windstream. This all occurred when Gaia went down for routine maintenance. Windstream users have been unable to access Gaia since then. Some of us have opted to download a Google ext. so that we can at least access our accounts. It is very limited though.

I have PMed Dlen Isolde, a forum assistant to see who we should contact about this situation.

15,515 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
still cant access the cash shop games achievements and towns rally nothing soooooooo upset i want to buy items from shop cant see the items crying crying crying crying crying

Friendly Bunny

Has anyone PM'd a developer about this yet? I tried finding a list, but couldn't. The only really active one I know is carbonphyber. I see a few people posting about contacting moderators, but they wouldn't really be able to do anything; they only handle ToS violations and the like.

The problem is they don't actively monitor this forum, plus with a good portion of the problem happening on a weekend I think it might be a better idea to try and PM someone.

Cheery Conversationalist

Kazie-chan
Has anyone PM'd a developer about this yet? I tried finding a list, but couldn't. The only really active one I know is carbonphyber. I see a few people posting about contacting moderators, but they wouldn't really be able to do anything; they only handle ToS violations and the like.

The problem is they don't actively monitor this forum, plus with a good portion of the problem happening on a weekend I think it might be a better idea to try and PM someone.
I PMed Zero Omega because in the staff updates, he always addresses website slowness and updates. It's still in my outbox and will continue to stay there until at least Monday.

Friendly Bunny

Felina75
Kazie-chan

I PMed Zero Omega because in the staff updates, he always addresses website slowness and updates. It's still in my outbox and will continue to stay there until at least Monday.

Most likely, yeah. I believe they take the weekends off. It may even stay in there longer, someone like Zero Omega probably gets hundreds of PMs a day.

Cheery Conversationalist

Kazie-chan

Most likely, yeah. I believe they take the weekends off. It may even stay in there longer, someone like Zero Omega probably gets hundreds of PMs a day.
That's why I labeled my PM: Internet Provider=Windstream=Zero Access. lol. He doesn't have to read it really. I don't know who to contact. At least he is online more than some of the others. *shrugs*

Friendly Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
At least I know what the issue is now...Just another reason I wish my parents did not have Windstream.
cant get into cash shop or any other shops or play games no staff alerts cant read them oooooo come on gaia help us crying crying crying crying crying
Helle_Einhorn
At least I know what the issue is now...Just another reason I wish my parents did not have Windstream.
i see this but just cant get other parts of gaia to work

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Hello everyone,

We'd like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has been causing for anyone using Windstream. We've passed this information along to our operations department who will be taking a look into this as soon as possible and work with our partners to resolve it. Thank you for your patience while we investigate this.

Cheery Conversationalist

Thank you so much Zero Omega! We all appreciate you commenting on this thread to let us know. heart

Pic of his response to my PM.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas