Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quiziness's Waifu

Aged Gaian

emotion_bigheart

Friendly Guardian

It's said there are no new ideas, which I totally don't believe. But, there's no denying that a lot of the basic ideas have been done and done and done again.

And even if the basic concept isn't new, as long as the rest of it is, then it's original. Look at all the superheroes out there. Many of them have much the same basic concept, but because the rest of them: Their appearance, their personality, their general backstory, power, etc are all different they are totally different characters.

So people who get hot and bothered over something similar to theirs needs to take a reality check. BUT, a tracer is just down right diabolical. They are deliberately stealing the design and selling it as their own. They aren't even really being thieves they are just being copy cats and liers.

My art can't really be stolen, technically. But, I am a bit leery about showing people how I do my banners. Frankly, I just use Gimp to make my banners and once you get the technique down it's really not all that hard. Plus, I've got all my Layer stock on my DA free for anybody to use. So, someone could potentially start making banners almost exactly like I do and sell them as their own, claiming they made the technique and such.

And I'm not that great at putting myself out there, not nearly as well as these scam artists can be, so I'd definitely be pushed out, lol. I guess, I'm more worried about my technique being stolen then my art itself. Though, I would be really rather annoyed of someone used a Banner I made for someone else. I expressly say the banners aren't for open use if they aren't, so.

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Orchid looks so pretty in that banner! :Kirakira:

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
*settles in* I kinda hope there's an event here sometime soon. I want a chance at one of these lovelies.

Friendly Guardian

~Twilight...Angel~
Orchid looks so pretty in that banner! :Kirakira:

Thanks! (if you meant the banner I made that is, lol.)

WishMage
Here here! I agree! I've been watching this shop for years and still don't even have a familiar! ; ;
Shop Update!

Just to give everyone a real shop update rather than just posting vaguely topical images, here's a little bit of information about what is going on behind the scenes:
  • We will be moving to a new thread and a new guild once we re-open! Behind the scenes work is being done on guild content including information updates, slight world-building changes, and more info threads/guides to make RP and character creation easier!
  • We're revamping the ways that people can obtain breedings and customs to include more free methods!
  • We're changing the way that staffing works so that more people can be involved in the shop!

There's still some basic updates, one major update, and the writing for one guide that needs to be done, but once most things are in place, the new guild will open up for people to take a look. At that time, you'll also have the option to give us some feedback on both the direction of the shop and specific changes!

Thank you all so much for sticking with the shop! Keep an eye out for more updates!

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Oh, I didn't even realize the shop wasn't technically 'open' now. lol

Divine Prophet

Uwaaah, those are AWESOME updates! Thanks so much for sharing words with us! Not that the funny little images weren't entertaining, haha! A whole new thread sounds awfully fancy, too!

I definitely can't wait to get started in the revamped shop ever since I was gifted Bloodricken and hoard all the beauties~ ♥

Quiziness's Waifu

Aged Gaian

Nice! Super stoked. I'm assuming that people with established characters will be able to just move our journals and profiles over to the new guild, right? c: I'm super excited to see what you guys have planned!!

Tipsy Kitten

Still here! This week has just been...ugh. But the bf and I are celebrating our one year tonight/tomorrow, and we have Sunday and Monday off, so I'll get tags and whatnot then~

Super stoked about this update!! emotion_bigheart

Human Human

@Capricorn: Pretty much! Everyone will have to go through character approvals again because there are a few details about particular setting mechanics that have changed and for general coherence as well as to double check adherence to the setting, but hopefully most people will go through no/minimal changes to gain re-approval. We'll be working on making sure this process is as easy and quick as possible for all our returning users!

Quiziness's Waifu

Aged Gaian

Good, good. 8 ) Sounds great!!

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
lol Well at least I'm going to be on-board for the fresh start!!

Friendly Guardian

Ooo! This is exciting! New thread and some new changes surprised going to be interesting to see what's knew!

Divine Prophet

WishMage
lol Well at least I'm going to be on-board for the fresh start!!

Same here -- err, kinda sorta? :'D I have a Guardian now, so maybe not entirely fresh on my end, but still! A re-opening means new Guardians to possibly earn! * v *

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff