Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Do you believe in other worlds? Did you ever felt there is more than just this place? Be careful, for crossing the bridge has its price! Once you are there you shall never be the same again!!!

The Main Guild and The Quester Guild

The Changed Webpage

Navigation
01 – Introduction
02 – News
03 – Story
04 – Rules
05 – FAQ
06 – Stages
07 – The Changed
08 –Categories
09 – Magic
10 – Map
11 – Questers
12 – Availability
13 – Staff
14 – Links
15 – Disclaimer
User Image

May 18th - Coren and Julia went through their first changes. And Alex, Blythe, Cecil and Jamie are our first 50%
April 27th - After some delay the winners of the Spring awakening event have finally arrived. Please welcome our next victims, Anthony, Deon and Storm >D
April 5th - Although a bit late, here's our April Fool's Event xd
April 4th - slycooper2 spooky, also known as Aj, is from this moment on banned from our shop gonk
March 5th - The Spring Awakening Event Thread is open. Check here for more details
March 3rd - Xendan has joined the small, but growing group of new arrivals. And the certs maps were finally fixed
February 28th - More changes occured. This time the unlucky ones were Blythe, Cecil and Jamie. Congrats X3
February 23rd - Elizabeth Stevens and Serenity Komoshiro added to Admin staff.
February 16th - Update of some missing certs and a couple of new arrivals. Please welcome Julia and Coren to our little group or creatures to be
February 14th - The first Changes have occurred. Alex, Evangeline, Karin, Raye and Rick are (hopefully) the first of many to face the adversities of a new form in a new world. Lets just hope luck will be on their side
(...)
October 23rd - With Halloween right around the corner, the Halloween Writing Contest has begun!
October 20th - Mindsend added to the Admin staff
October 19th - Jamie arrives dressed in nothing but his Pjs -- how embarrassing!
August 25th - The first Changed, Alex, Evangeline, Karin, Raye and Rick, have arrived =D
July 17th - The Opening Sale Event thread opens http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29883219 and a Special Surprise is released, The Changed Website
June 30th - The main guild is finally set up and ready to receive the first villagers =D
June 2nd - The shop thread has opened to the public, after 3 months of waiting X3
User Image

To those who read this letter, those who arrived into this strange world by a tug in your hearts, please know you are not the first and neither are you alone in this misadventure
As impossible as the next words might sound, please do not doubt my warning. You are in grave danger if you chose to live in illusion

I do not know who brought us to this place, nor do I have any clues about their intentions. But from what I later gathered, it all started the same way. You will likely remember a stranger who entrusted you with an item of your craving without asking for anything in return. And soon afterwards you were pulled through a hole in the fabric of space
Indeed the same as happened to us all, the Changed as they call us. I have yet to meet any in person (and to whom I would very much like to present my gratitude), but we have all seen and heard their voices in our dreams, the dreams before our world got turned upside down

Sorry, I ramble. It is so hard to recall my memories, my original thoughts and beliefs when you lose all of your original self after the crossing

Starting from the beginning, we were all brought to this world with an intention unknown to us and by means that seem impossible to reason. But that is the least of our worries in this place
This world is called Athlaias and is very much like our medieval times. Do not let be fooled by the appearances, for we have not travelled to the past. Some of the technology they possess is unlike anything we ever come across in our world
From what I later gathered from the other Changed, the Church of this place embraced magic and was the first to discover how to build a temporary bridge between our worlds. They weren’t the ones who brought us here though, for they hunt our kind

The reason why they do so is because we no longer are human. Please believe me on this, for it’s a matter of life or death
I do not know why but we all believe that something between the crossing of the worlds made us change into beasts. It’s a slow process where the people responsible for our presence here haunt our dreams, before the incoming change. And again for reasons unknown most of us resemble to myths

If you have no yet thrown this letter away please hear my warning. Do not trust anyone that looks human, for the Church planted seeds of fear in people’s hearts and use them to capture and kill us
I cannot offer you a consolation and say there is a way back home or a cure to our predicament. Our only hope is to find the people who did this to us and pray they know a way for this to be undone

Please hear my words and be safe,
~ Sandra, the weaver

Note: this letter was an attempt to spread out the word, but didn’t really make to its destination. In other words, it’s just an introduction by the eyes of one of the Changed
User Image

The non following of the rules below, as well as Gaia’s, shall be punished accordingly

- Do not steal the art
- Do not bother anyone in any way. This includes begging, harassing, spamming, flaming, trolling, discouraging, drama, etc. Keep it polite
- No excessive quoting or use of unreadable english. Patience has its limits
- No cannon RP in the thread. This place is reserved for chatting, conversation and occasional mock rp. Use the guilds instead
- Do not pm the mule, staff or any of the artists to request a free Changed. All questions can be send to the mule after reading the whole front page
- No co-owning, transfer, or refunds. These characters are highly individual and will keep changing even if no rp is done (though much slower)

- No god-moding or unrealistic characters. Everyone has imperfections, strengths, weaknesses and limitations
- No killing other characters, including villagers. All deaths have to pass by the staff first
- Use a proper RP format (“He walked down the muddy road, eyeing the locals in disbelief” instead of *walk down the road*)
- Journals are optional, but encouraged. It’s up to the players to build them and keep them updated

-No Bribes of any kind to anyone
-No begging, asking or trying to talk anyone out of their winning slot

Black List
If any are found posting on our threads, guilds or bothering any of our players, questers, etc, either as themselves, mules or through someone else, they are to be reported to the mods immediately

AJ / slycooper1 spooky / Master Ripperroo// Ghost of ari leibman// Master Sonicdude & all Alias/mules - For improper conduct, failing to obey shop rules, posting after being banned/blacklisted, returning under a mule & lying about it, continuously returning & posting under a newly spawned mule, and threatening the peace of this shop
User Image

How can I get one?
A: Through flatsales, auctions, raffles, contests and other events. Occasionally some people might be rewarded for special dedication, but do not bother people about it, nor try to bribe the staff. It will earn you a spot in the blacklist

Are they RP required?
A: Yes, you need to rp in order for them to reach the next stage under the determined timeframe. But if by some reason you can no longer keep it up, the character will still change, though at a much slower rate

Why are they so expensive?
A: The price is to limit the amount of people who get in. We are looking for people who are willing to get in as serious rpers and not just people who want another fancy “pet art”

Can I co-own?
A: No. Each of the characters are completely individual. Having 2 people rping them would only cause confusion

Can I become an artist? Or be a guest artist?
A: It depends. You can send a pm to the mule account with samples of your work, what type of creatures you can do and which type of events you are most comfortable with. We’ll be keeping a list of the interested people

Can questers be part of the RP?
A: Yes, by playing the villagers. They are the local inhabitants and, like in medieval times, they regarded monsters and beasts as evil

Can I have more than one character?
A: Yes, though you’ll have to win another of the sales to get one. There’s also the possibility of creating a villager. You don’t have to pay for them, but you don’t receive art either

Are the creatures limited to mythological/cryptozoological beings?
A: No, it’s possible to use invented creatures as well. But in either case there are limits imposed by the staff. They can’t be too magically dependent (like djinns or demons) nor have unrealistic features (like a lava body). Even well know myths might have to suffer some changes in order to get in

Can they “breed” and create new species?
A: There are compatibility issues, but considering the rp happens in a pretty much real-time basis, it would take several months before the child was born and a few years for it to grow. Also there’s the problem of the persecution and lack of proper conditions to consider as well. It’s something that as to be individually discussed with the staff

Can I start with a non-human character or one with special powers?
A: No. In this setting people from our world are being brought into this. Anything that doesn’t exist here cannot be accepted as starting character. As for animals, they aren’t being the targets, so they can’t be picked as well

Can I play an elf or a vampire?
A: No, unless you have been specifically approved by the staff. There are plot reasons why the human like creatures are restricted. But artistically doesn’t make much sense to have a transformation where very little changes

Can I play a cowboy or a futuristic character? Or maybe even a dinosaur?
A: No, all the people that arrive to this world are from the same timeline as ours. Despite this being a medieval setting, time flows in the same way it does in our world. They simply chose to keep the feudal system over the centuries

Can I play my character outside of the shop?
A: There’s nothing we can do to stop you, but any rp that occurs outside of this world is not valid. People are trapped there and there’s nowhere else they can go

How do I know which myth is best for my character?
A: You should consult the categories. It divides the different types and provides a rough guideline how each one acts and what is to be expected from them. It’s not there to limit your options and actions, but to help people decide

How do I know which type of magic my character can do? For example a phoenix will be air and fire right?
A: The type of magic is determined by personality and not by the creature you chose. It’s as possible to have a phoenix with an earth alignment as one with the fire. It all depends on the original personality of the characters before they arrived

Why do you limit the magic so much? I want to be able to cast fireballs and turn my enemies into ash just by snapping my fingers
A: Because of 2 reasons. First, we want to keep the roleplay fair, as we have both Changed and villagers being played at the same time. Having one easily overpower the other would cause too much confusion and interest in the game would soon be lost
Second, that is not what magic is about. We can explain it, dissect it and reproduce it and even understand it, but it will still be magic in the end, something that can cause awe and admiration, no matter if it’s just a small flame in the tip of a match, or clay coming to life from your fingers. We want people to remember that science is not a dead thing but has a simple beauty, that there isn’t always the need to analyse things and take that magical aura away from them just because they can be explained in numbers

In the magic elements, shouldn’t there be an Order element as well?
A: No. We used Chaos’ original meaning, which is void in greek. Besides all the other elements have an order implicit to them, since they all follow their set of rules. Only Chaos acts in a paradoxical way

Isn’t there a way to escape?
A: No, there’s not. The people who brought them here don’t want them to go back. And there’s nowhere else to go outside the kingdom. Even those who change into aquatic creatures and manage to reach the sea, the next piece of land is too far away to be of any use

Why are they being brought here in the first place?
A: That is something for you to figure out during the rp

How come the people from that world speak English?
A: Because the natural portals still continue to occur, every now and then new people arrive to that world. The locals like to keep things as they always known them to be, but a new language and way to pronounce things is a welcome curiosity, especially to the younger people. In the end those new words find their way into the existing language, making it much more similar to ours

Why didn’t the medieval population changed when they first arrived? Is there a way for us to bring unchanged people there?
A: Unlike man-made portals, the natural ones aren’t unstable to trigger changes on those who crossed them. That is why you won’t find strange creatures roaming around the wilderness along with the Changed
It is possible for people to cross a normal portal, but the odds of being in the right place at the right time are extremely small. Because of that, and consistency reasons, that option is closed to both players and questers

What happens when someone finds the Changed? Do they burn them like they did to witches?
A: First there was a drastic change when the people in that world embraced magic. Though a person can still be accused to be a witch or a wizard, a person who performs magic outside the wing of the church, they are no longer burned or suffer the same accusations and punishments ours did. Instead they are kicked out of town, considered heretics and treated as such. They may even be arrested if they linger long enough for the guards to capture them
As for the Changed they'll be likely eyed with suspicion when they first arrive and be considered monsters when they start to suffer the transformations. What will happen depends on how the events unfold, but no, they won't be burned alive or drown in a lake unless the player wants to
User Image

Dormancy
In this stage they are still completely human, both physically and mentally. It’s a time of adaptation to the cultural clash that is facing a medieval world with none of the modern comforts. Some might suffer from minor headaches and dizziness, as the travel between worlds can be a rough ride
Note that the locals can easily understand that this person is a Changed by the strange way they behave and the way they are dressed, so it’s not surprising the welcoming party is anything but friendly

Awakening
Usually after 2-3 weeks since they first arrived, the Changed-to-be are visited in their dreams by shadowy figures. Soon after that they painfully start to lose the first of their humanity
No one can tell what they will become, but this first changes often offer a few clues. They are completely physical manifestations, usually followed but the first wisps of instinct
The reaction from the locals towards the Changed is now much more aggressive, as they have evidence they aren’t human. Some are lucky enough to be able to hide the new features, but others might find it better to move away from their settlements and establish one of their own

Metamorphosis
5-6 weeks after their last change, new dreams warn them of what is soon to happen. This stage brings a new wave of pain and leaves the Changed with much less humanity
The physical changes increase leaving the person trapped in a mid-point between human and something completely different. The first few instincts also develop, becoming much stronger urges and needs. Especially in the feeding department
But the first signs of magical skill begin to show at this point. They are burst of small, random magic, outside of conscious control. Only a few rare cases are able to control these subconscious impulses to an extent
As for the relationship with the locals, because of the new added features those who managed to pass as humans now find it much more difficult. Often the best choice is to leave and join the other Changed

Evolution
8-10 weeks after their previous transformation, more dreams come to plague and announce the dreaded changes
The Changed is much more bestial than human now, as the physical transformation takes a new step. Only a few traces of the previous humanity remain, though the loss is much bigger in some cases than others. The urges are undeniable at this stage and extremely hard to fight
The magic suffers a development as well, now much easier to consciously bring it forth. It still takes a lot of practice to reach the desired effects and some are still out of grasp, only manifesting themselves subconsciously when the situation calls for it. The degree of power varies with the situation, but often it’s still not very great
Very few have now the chance to still fall in the good graces of the locals. Being more beast than human and with the strong instincts in the middle only makes the situation much more aggravating. Often the best is to completely avoid them

Genesis
The stage of completion, the beginning of a new life finally comes after about 12-14 weeks since the last transformation. Again dreams come before the painful change, but it does not mean it will be the last time the shadowy figures will visit them
The physical changes and the magical development reach their peak. Now there is no doubt of what they are and what the instinct tells them to do. There is still a sentient entity behind the new shape, that was never lost through the whole process, but it can’t be said is still human in logic in most cases
But because this is the ending of the changes is does not mean is the end of the trials. Because they are now completed, the Changed are ready to take their new place in this world. It is unsure where this new feeling comes from, likely implanted there by those shadows in their dreams, so much like the people who brought them here in the first place…

(Note that the amount a person RPs influences the arrival of the changes)
User Image

The pukkas are the instruments that draw people into this world. They are carved from a mineral that does not exist here and placed into an item (amulet, book, jewelry, knife, etc), before they are delivered to their target
The people behind this operation gift or leave this item where they know the future Changed-to-be will find it. They are made specifically for that person, an object of their personal interest and/or desire
But receiving the item alone is not enough to travel between worlds. They wait until the person is alone before that is done

No one knows why people change when they cross the man-made portals or why they often end up resembling myths from our world
Some theories say the bridge between the worlds crosses the plane where fantasies take shape, where older myths reign over the more recent ones. But as far as anyone knows is all a matter of luck and not something you get by obtaining a certain pukka

There is no sure way to tell what type of creature the person will turn into, but it has something to do with the person’s personality and natural traits. Most would recognize why it feels so fitting, and familiar in some sense, but some don’t know themselves well enough to tell. That connection is much stronger to our subconscious and not all follow that path carved by our genetic tendencies and early influences in our lives
There is one thing that is sure though. Because we originally don’t have a magical nature, besides the chemistry in our bodies, the being the Changed turn into are never highly magical dependent in nature. Occasionally they can resemble to demons and such creatures people describe as magically powerful, but it’s the physical aspect that is mimicked
Of course there are always exceptions to the rules. People with a stronger connection with the hidden ways of the world, such as mediums or other naturally gifted individuals, are more likely to assume a more magical nature than the rest of the population. But those cases are extremely rare, 2.1% or less

There was an attempt to divide the Changed into categories, depending of the creatures they were turned into. They are not divided by the percentage each compose, but rather in the type of beings they became

Creature Categories
Animalistic: often feared by their looks alone, these people are those who resemble beasts the more, having lost all human appearance. Besides instinct there is some influence from the original myth in their behavior. A Cerberus would be a watchful protector, the basilisk and the cockatrice fearful predators, the kraken a boat snatcher, etc. The magical abilities depend on the specie, the bigger ones having less than the others

Birds: they aren’t often feared at first sight like most of the groups, often considered wise, beautiful and pure creatures. But because of those same feelings there is a tendency to attempt to capture them alive to serve as exotic pets or killed for the “lighter” meat and magical feathers. Besides the instinct gained, the physic alters to allow flight, making them lighter, stronger and more resistant, at the expense of needing more food to keep the faster rhythm once the ability to store fat is gone. The amount of magic they possess depends on the specie they become

Drakes: all dragons and other great serpents are part of this group. They lose their human appearance completely, though a rare few get to keep their thumbs. The variety of shapes and colors is great in this category, but there are a few traits common to all. Besides the reptilian nature, all drakes seem to have a tendency to hoard treasure (either just shiny pebbles and other small collectibles or stealing from human populations). They aren’t as magically talented as most think, often having size and bulk to keep them protected. And they aren’t extraordinarily huge either

Elementals: a rare occurrence, as the people who became them all had a stronger connection to the world. They have a strong magical nature, but weak physical presence, often finding nutrition from the element they share affinity to. Among them are nightmares, weavers, sylphs, shadow people, etc. Some keep a human appearance, others an animalistic one and in some cases their shape varies according to occasion or barely having a shape at all

Enlarged humans: they are one of the few groups where their original human appearance remains mostly unchanged. Though some gain a more primate like features, like the yetis or the sasquatchs, they aren’t the brutes they seem to be. In fact they are builders and protectors in nature, some who prefer isolation and quietness. They don’t have much magical abilities besides strength and endurance

Equines: very horse like in appearance, they are one of the few that aren’t feared on first sight. Losing the human features and posture completely, these people gain more than just the horse instincts and speed. Depending on the creature they are becoming they can find themselves as carefree flyers, swift swimmer or even vicious hunters. The amount and type of magic they can perform depends on the specie and their own nature

Griffs: half bird, half mammal (though the lower half might occasionally be of a snake or even a fish), these people lose their human features, though like the drakes a few are lucky to keep their thumbs, completely to gain a new freedom and magnificence in return. The instinct they gain is often the bird logic complemented with the mammal thinking, and with the once human reason to unite it all. The magical traits aren’t particularly strong, though the smaller species tend to show them more

Human faced: strangely these keep their human face, and occasionally the torso, while the rest of the body is completely transformed. There are tendencies of the original myths mixed with the instinct. Harpies are tormenters but otherwise harmless, sphinxes mysterious guardians, manticores deadly predators… The magic each one possesses depends on the specie in particular

Humanoid: tending to keep part of the original human traits, this category is one of the most varied. These people have, besides some instincts from their animal side, a nature related to the original myth. Merfolk appreciate metalwork and music, gargoyles tend to dwell in the rooftops of stone buildings, minotaurs are short in temper, fauns have a liking for wild places… the list goes on. They tend to be quite balanced in physical and magical traits

Hybrids: often looking like the combination of the humanoid or the werefolk with other more animal like type, they are a rare occurrence. Perhaps it means that person is still quite attached to their human figure, or has an odd nature to look like such a strange creature. Their magical abilities and the about of instinct varies greatly

Plants: often keeping a human appearance mixed with the plant features, these people share a close relation to the earth and the collective knowledge and feelings the plants share. Because of the strong relation to plants it’s not uncommon they become collected in their ways, only occasionally becoming “active” like the other Changed. Their magic tends to be strong as their defenses, like plants, are passive actions and appearances

Small People: among the few that keep a good deals of their human features, their new size also doesn’t make them look much like a threat, though often appearances are misleading. Protectors and dwellers of small places, their connection to the world grows and their skill is often becomes greater than their human counterparts, from shoemaking to metal refinery. Most keep a strong connection with the human world, either benign or malign, and their magic tends to be greater to compensate the smaller size

Taurs: having the lower body completely animal and the upper one mostly human like, they are a strange duality of natures, or perhaps a strange enlightenment obtained from such combination. It is unsure how much instinct rules their lives, because sometimes they act as completely human, while others their nature seems beyond our senses. The degree of their magical ability varies as much as how many animal features their upper bodies possess, though they are not related to each other

Werefolk: these anthropomorphic people all have the ability to shift between a nearly animal and anthro appearance. They have a very close relation to the animal they represent, to the point of completely adopting its mannerisms, and inherited their traits and instincts. They are more physically than magically capable, usually not having more than their shapeshifting ability

In most cases the reaction from the locals is evaluating the Changed by their appearance. Superstition plays a great deal in their lives, as those serve as rules to explain the unexplainable
The view the church has over certain animals also helps that labeling. Those who dwell in the night, or act in a way they believe against the will of God, are considered evil, while those who are gently, tame or live under the sun are the good
The view they have of the Changed is as beasts, for anything that is not human (remember that there were no Darwin theories there) is below them. The more they appear like beast, the more they are treated as such
User Image

Unlike the magic wield by that world’s church, the magic the Changed possess is of a different nature. It’s born outside dogmas, rules and procedures. Normal people sometimes possess it as well, a natural talent to do some things that cannot be explained nor mimicked

This natural magic as they call it can be divided in 2 types, the active and the dormant. The active magic is the one the Changed has full control off, being able to call it whenever they want to
The dormant only manifests itself subconsciously in certain occasions. It’s possible to call it if the person can enter the same state of being that would trigger its occurrence, but it takes a lot of practice and focus and even then they would never achieve full control over it

The number of spells one can perform and which type varies greatly between individuals. Usually those who have stronger or more physical abilities (traits like flight or strength) tend to have fewer magical ones. Size also plays some importance, as the smaller need to be able to defend themselves
The type of magic one possess is determined more by personality than by the nature of the creature they’ll become

This magic can be divided into 11 different types of elements, though usually the magic uses so many at the same time, it’s impossible to precisely say where each belongs to

Natural Magic Types
Air: it deals with all gases and sound is a side-effect from those. It is said that those who belong to this element are carefree and easily shifting souls, wild in open spaces, but tame in closed ones

Water: it deals with all the liquids, even if it’s magma. Those from this element are adaptable and persistent. Often considered calm and patient, but their rage is to be feared

Earth: it deals with all solids, from flesh and metal to rock and ice. Plants are included in it. People from this element are patient, stable and reliable, though what lies under the surface can be quite the opposite, energetic and living in its own way

Fire: wrongly named it deals with all sorts of heat, both absorption and expulsion. It’s a powerful, fiery element filled with emotion and exuberance that easily travels to both extremes

Light: it deals with all light forms and energy cast by them. Besides the light beams themselves, it also deals with color and sight. People often use it as a synonym for good, but it can be harmful as well, like all elements. Those who belong to it are honest and straight forward, but their ideals can be blinding

Shadow: it deals with absence of light and perception of depth. Besides the shadows casted onto the surfaces, it also deals with textures and volume. People often think of it as a synonym for evil, but it’s a fundamental part of our lives and not something to be feared. Those of this element are illusive and secretive, but they are deep of though

Mind: it deals with perception of thoughts, both conscious and subconscious. It’s not possible to manipulate ones thoughts and force them around, but those who have the ability can influence others by whispering ideas and hope they will follow them. People from this element are perceptive and cunning, with a fast thinking

Space: it deals with the distance between matter and the order of how things are combined to shape it. Those from this element are fast to understand how things are connected and how things work. They are natural problem solvers

Time: it deals with the flows of time, a source of knowledge to those who gaze into it. It’s not possible to interfere with it however, only watch and learn. People with affinity to this element are thinkers, philosophers and often ponder on all sides of the situation before taking action

Magnetism: it deals with the force that binds things together and consequently with electricity as well. It’s an energetic and charming element that can also keep people at bay in some cases

Chaos: it deals with the void and random events. It’s a strange, unpredictable element that paradoxically gives an order and union to everything. Those belonging to it are unpredictable and sometimes unreliable
User Image

Athlaias is a large island kingdom, located in a world very similar to ours. Actually both planes have always been connected, with occasional natural portals opening every now and then. That is why the animals and plants encountered are the same
But the local population is mainly the result from a massive wave of refugees, people who where trying to escape the black plague in Europe. Their descendants still live in a medieval type society, divided into nobility, cleric and commoners and following a feudal like rule
The main difference is the inclusion of magic by the church. But by magic is not the casting of fireballs and such, but an alchemic approach to science. More accurate information can be found in the guild

User Image

The island is a large place, taking a few weeks to travel around. Most of the area is covered in wilderness, but there are several human settlements located around the country
The action is centred in a town called Loghedge, in one of the remote corners of the kingdom, situated right next to the thick forest of Ironwood and the high sloped mountains of Greywolf Peaks. It’s under the rule of the Baron, who manages that entire area in the name of the king

The people who arrived there from our world find themselves trapped in a place with no modern comforts and soon forced to run away and struggle to survive
There is no escape and no answers, only the suspicion of the existence of an organization that brought them here and the certainty of persecution sponsored by the church
It’s up to the Changed to find their place in this new world and take their destiny into their own hands. They can either just try to survive or seek out answers and perhaps a way to return home
User Image

An important part of this setting is the villagers, the people who originally live in this world. They don’t need to be “purchased” to be played, though no art is provided in consequence. Anyone, from questers to players, can create one

They are limited however. They must be completely human, behave according to the medieval setting and only commoners are available. In certain cases it will be possible to play a cleric or even a member of nobility, but those are awarded by the staff to people who show special dedication
But despite these limitations there is a lot to choose from. The villagers can be anything from bakers, carpenters, blacksmiths, fishermen, hunters, woodcutters and tailors to farmers, weavers, wheelwrights, shoemakers, jewellers and hatters. The list is endless and full of possibilities

Though keep in mind that these people take religion very seriously. God is the explanation for all things and anything against it is the work of the devil
This and all the superstitious beliefs have a big impact on how they perceive the Changed. Even in a magic accepting world transformations aren’t a natural occurrence, so it’s seen with suspicion and often fear

A more accurate information about the world they were born into and how their society works can be found in the guild 3nodding
User Image

The pukkas can be obtained through several ways. Flatsale, auction, raffles, contests and other events. The general price will always be 20k, which must be paid within 24 hours

The winner will be able to determine the character’s full human appearance and dictate the final one, as well as pick the 3 main elements that fit his/her personality best
Middle stages are left to the artist discretion and specific spells to the staff. Negotiation can be possible, but it depends on the situation

There are some limitations however. Despite the Changed being turned into mythical creatures, some adaptation may occur in order to be allowed into this setting

Limitations
Size: in the end of the person’s transformation, the Changed should not be 3 times bigger/smaller than the original size. Some exceptions may occur, but they must be approved by the staff

Extra Features: there are several myths that possess several arms, legs, heads, wings, tails, etc. The general rule is to limit these extra pairs to 4, though negotiation is possible in a case-by-case basis

Magic: though the character will be gifted with magic, this is not something that can be used without limit. It’s a very tiresome ability that easily consumes a lot of energy and can even bring death to those who overdo it. Features that demand a constant use of it are denied because of this

Physical: there are often exaggerations in the myths when it comes to this section. A large beast is often strong, but being able to lift 5 times its own weight, run like the wind and such is unrealistic. Please kept these to a believable limit

Instinct: though is hard to tell in some cases, there will always be an animal like behaviour that will emerge and integrate with the current one. The person does not lose the ability for rational thought, but no one is immune to this effect. Often there are urges connected to the type of myth in question, but it does not mean they must be followed literally (for example a kelpie would be highly predatorial, but that doesn’t mean it will start drowning people as prey)

Skill: in this medieval setting there are no modern appliances such as computers, cellphones, pocket calculators, ballpoint pens, etc, so the person depends completely on his own skills to survive. We don’t want unrealistic characters that can easily and quickly adjust to all situations, or a MacGyver-type character that can build a super steam powered car out of medieval ingredients

Objects: when the character arrives to this world, all that he carries is what he had on him at the moment. Battery powered instruments often suffer damage during the crossover, but even if it comes out unharmed it will eventually stop working. And keep in mind that the pukka only transports what the person is carrying (like a laptop or a guitar) and not what is carrying him (a car or a bike)

And another thing to consider is the rarity of the categories. Though it’s impossible to predict which type of Changed a person will turn into, there is a bigger chance to turn into a certain type more than others. It depends a lot on how much that person matches that myth, but another part is just luck

Rough Rarity Evaluation
Quite Common: Animalistic, Birds, Drakes, Equines and Griffs
Rather Common: Human Faced, Humanoid, Plants, Taurs and Werefolk
Uncommon: Enlarged Humans and Small People
Quite Rare: Elementals and Hybrids

------------------------------------------------------

Current Opportunity:

Regular Flatsale somewhere in September
User Image

GMs
Birvan
Gallen
Mindsend
Raurhund
Elizabeth Stevens
Serenity Komoshiro

Current Artists

Birvan
Gallen
Mindsend
Nikorasu-Kun
[Saki.Pocky].[NiYa.Pet]
Zee Oddwyn
Sola84
User Image

Link to Others

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

User Image

Link to Us

User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/2abzpw][img]http://tinyurl.com/ysp48w[/img][/url]
User Image

All that you find here is not to be stolen. Do such and terrible consequences will await you

Shop concept © Raurhund and Birvan
Story, categories, setting, NPC, etc © Raurhund, Gallen Storm and Birvan
Maps, certs, etc © Birvan
Banners © Silencer Wolf and Birvan

Character art © correspondent artists
Character concept © correspondent players

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers