Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would you like to see from the shop?

Breedings 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Customs 0.6 60.0% [ 3 ]
A large scale event 0.4 40.0% [ 2 ]
Freebies 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 266 267 268 > >> >>> »|

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】 ⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

Welcome to Sawney City. That's right, we are not in Durem, or Gambino, or Aekea. While these lines derive from Aekea/Gambino Humane Society - and once upon a time, The Gaian Humane Society - they are now employed under a completely unrelated, fresh shop with a new story and a new owner. Please see the FAQ's for more details.

Enjoy w a n d e r l u s t !

Table of Contents.
Introduction.
In The News.
The Law.
Our Tale.
The Pets.
The Familiars.
Map of Sawney.
Item Shop.
FAQ.
Guild Directory.
Affiliates.
Staff.

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

4/14/14
                                            Welcome to the new staff! We've begun to plan a gran re-opening event, so keep yours eyes on the thread. We'll also be holding some games in thread as time goes on.

8/12/13
                                            Hi there everyone! We've currently have moved some things around and we had to make a new thread and we also have a new manager!

8/1/13
                                            We would love to welcome [Eskimo] and Nerpin on to our staff as colorists!

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

「⒈ 」 Don't have anything nice to say? Then don't say it. This is our number one rule! To be quite frank, we're not going to take any sort of bullshit from anyone -- no matter your status with the shop. Opening your mouth is always the one thing that escalates the tension
                                            or starts the drama, so keep it shut if you can't be nice!
                                            「⒉ 」 Don't steal. We understand you might lack the creative side to your brain, but that's not our problem. Stealing the lineart, templates, thread layout, and anything else that belongs to WL is a serious offense and you will be blacklisted and reported.
                                            「⒊ 」 Read the whole first page! Although it's perfectly acceptable to ask questions, a question you have may already be answered somewhere in the first page.
                                            「⒋ 」 Under no circumstances are you allowed to sell your pets! You may hold free contests for them or give them away only! Anyone caught selling their pets will be permanently banned from the shop!
                                            「⒌ 」 Be respectful towards each other! New or old, it doesn't make you any better than someone else, nor does it exempt you from any of these rules. Do not ignore newcomers or make them feel uneasy just because they do not own a pet. Pets or not, be sure to make the
                                            newcomers feel welcome because without them, there would be no new blood for the shop to thrive off of and grow.
                                            「⒍ 」 Do not beg for a pet or a job here in the shop! This includes private messaging the mule, managers, or owners. You will never receive a pet through begging and jobs will never be offered unless the thread says we're hiring. That's that.
                                            「⒎ 」 No direct linking! Unless you want the front page to blow up and to make a whole lotta work for the staff, please save your pets to your own servers!

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

The Gidget Gazette was once Sawney City’s most prominent newspaper. Even during the unspoken, factory workers would pause to wipe a greasy glove against their foreheads and reach for the glossy print. It was one of the few distractions these laborers had from the turmoil of a hard life designing planes, bombs, whatever each individual’s craft may have been. Even while seemingly living a dull, colorless life and working for a faceless authority, they found pleasure at the end of the day finally returning home to a sloppy, drooling smile and a wag of the tail, or a soft purr and a friendly meow. And despite it all, they were happy.

But then the war ended. Sawney City, a town of deadly craftsmanship and forbidden goods fell into a depression. Inhabitants were forced onto the streets, beggars begging beggars. Slowly, ever so slowly, the Gidget Gazette ceased to arrive half-ripped and lightly dampened into the hands of the grateful owner. The poor packed up their bags, traveled by foot in the mud, dirty. The presses stopped. They never said goodbye.

Destruction hit after the humans left. The earth shook. Fires ravaged the city. The less hardy of the buildings came crumbling down. Finally, after fifteen years of abandonment, the ashes have cleared. Nature has taken its toll on the old houses and mines, vines wrapping around old bedposts. A historic landmark, Sawney City would be an attraction for history-buffs, if not for the generations of canines and felines left behind, littering the bustling junkyard city that had once belonged to civilization.

Dogs, cats, and critters of all kinds wander to this place, to this grungy oasis from the evils of mankind. But some wonder: what if men had only had the chance to say goodbye? Are they really so awful, these two-legged beings? And moreover, do these newcomer, looky-loo animals belong with the old and wise, who have for generations known only smoky skies and the sound of grating metal?

It is an average day. Noon. And then, the cackle of the man in the forbidden building breaks the giddy melody of the day. Some call him a scientist, others just call him mad. None would call this an extraordinary occurrence, but for one thing. An old type-writer chirps to life beneath shaky fingers.

The next day we would all peer curiously before copies of the Gidget Gazette, placed before each dilapidated house in the dead of night.

It would read: "I’m back."

But today, the birds chirp.

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

(original) Abbreviated version, for the lawlz:

Yin Bug: (12:37:58 AM) SO THERE WAS THIS TOWN
                                            Yin Bug: (12:38:44 AM) AND IT WAS ORGINALLY BUILD ABOUT 100 YEARS AGO DURING A WAR. IT WAS MOSTLY MADE FOR BUILDING BOMBS AND PLANES AND s**t
                                            Yin Bug: (12:38:47 AM) SO THEN THE WAR ENDED
                                            Yin Bug: (12:38:54 AM) AND THE TOWN WAS SUDDENLY POOR
                                            Yin Bug: (12:38:56 AM) BUT THEN BAM
                                            Yin Bug: (12:38:57 AM) FIRE
                                            Yin Bug: (12:39:01 AM) AND DESTRCUTION
                                            Yin Bug: (12:39:11 AM) THE POOR TOWN TRIED TO REBUILD BUT IT COULDN'T
                                            Yin Bug: (12:39:43 AM) AFTER 15 YEARS OF BEING ABANDONED THE ASHES ARE CLEAR AND NATURE IS TARTING TO TAKE OVER THE BUILDINGS
                                            Yin Bug: (12:39:55 AM) TREES GROW IN LIVING ROOMS AND s**t
                                            Yin Bug: (12:40:15 AM) AND THERE ARE SOME WHERE ROOFS ARE STILL STANDING BUT EVERYTHING IS HALF TOWN DOWN
                                            Yin Bug: (12:40:21 AM) BUT PLOT TWIST
                                            Yin Bug: (12:40:36 AM) IT'S A HISTORIC PLACE SO THEY CAN'T TEAR IT DOWN
                                            Yin Bug: (12:40:40 AM) AND DOGS TOOK OVER
                                            Yin Bug: (12:40:42 AM) SO THEY LEAVE IT
                                            Yin Bug: (12:40:51 AM) *SOME DOGS WERE LEFT BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE POOR
                                            SagieMyster: (12:41:18 AM) And the cats?
                                            Yin Bug: (12:41:35 AM) IT'S A FISHING TOWN
                                            Yin Bug: (12:41:39 AM) BECAUSE OF THE LARGE LAKE OF FISH
                                            Yin Bug: (12:41:41 AM) SO CATS

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

User Image

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

User Image

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

User Image

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

In the outskirts of the city, a once bustling marketplace lies barren. Once the center of trade, the stalls now lay silent. The items for sale abandoned, gathering dust. They seem to be waiting, frozen in time for a new owner to snatch them up.

User Image

Items are currently only available on adult pets!

To order an item, please PM the mule account with the form below (located under the spoiler). Once your purchase has been confirmed, please send the trade to the mule account.

[color=darkgoldenrod][b][size=90]✱[color=deepskyblue] Item Order Here ✱[/b][/size][/color]
                                            Username:
                                            Pet name:
                                            Item being purchased:
                                            Item color:
                                            If custom item please fill in the below info, a quote for the price will be sent back depending on difficulty.
                                            Item reference:
                                            Item color:

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

This shop is supposed to have a semi-realistic story/background, so what gives with the purple dogs and green cats, guys?
                                            In Sawney City, we don't notice these things.

I've noticed some breeds here are discontinued. What's with that, man?
                                            You've noticed correctly. Dachsunds, Shiba Inus, Bernese Mountain Dogs, etc whose lines were drawn by Kizamaji are no longer in use, although you are free to continue to breed and RP these pets if you already own them - just know that they will never produce more puppies/kittens of their own respective breeds. Think of it this way: you have a unique, limited-edition pet! So why did we decide to discontinue Kizamaji's artwork? Symmetry. Honestly guys, it just looks much less messy when a shop has only one lineartist.

I want a puppy/kitten! How do I get one?
                                            Breedings, and breedings only! Flatsale, raffle, auction, and other contest pets will always be juveniles or adults.This gives you an incentive to RP!

When will my kitten/puppy grow?
                                            First stage "babies" will take 2-5 weeks to grow, depending on the colorist. The second stage will emerge into an adult after approximately 2.5 months.

I had a pet from The Aekea/Gambino Humane Society and I can prove it. Can I transfer my pet to this shop?
                                            Absolutely!

I have a pet from Durem Humane Society. Can I transfer it to Wanderlust?
                                            At this time, yes you may. However that may change in the future if the owner's of DHS decide they do not wish for us to allow it.

I never aligned my original Gaian Humane Society pet with either shop after the split. May I join you?
                                            Welcome aboard!

What about past roleplays. Do they still count towards breedings? Will my AHS/GHS breedings grow?
                                            Everything that was due to grow in AHS/GHS will now grow here in Wanderlust. Gambino Humane Society is closed for business. However, past RP links will still be considered for breedings - don't you fear!

There is a total incongruity between the plotline in GHS and Wanderlust. How do I explain IC what happened?
                                            Since IC (and OOC) GHS/AHS has shut down, you could always say your pet wandered to Sawney City in search of a new life. It's not called "Wanderlust," for nothin'.

I am completely lost and I have no idea what GHS/AHS/DHS is.
                                            Gaian Humane Society was a shop that thrived several years ago under a partnership. After the owners had a disagreement, the shop was split in two into Durem Humane Society and Aekea Humane Society (and later on this shop was called Gambino Humane Society). While I, Leef, took over GHS/AHS and turned it into something completely different, Durem Humane Society still exists, and so if you see critters with the same artwork running around, don't fear! Neither shop stole from each other. We are peacefully sharing the lineart for separate purposes, that's all. (: Please do not make comments about one shop being better or worse than the other in the thread. It just makes me sad and belittles the amazing lineart winterfalcon gave us.

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

Link Us!

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/psnd3p7][img]http://i.imgur.com/kYZSgJV.png[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://tinyurl.com/psnd3p7][img]http://tinyurl.com/qj8kxy8[/img][/url]

Affiliates:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

User Image

. . . . .
【 Wanderlust】⊱ ⊱ ⊱ ⊱

Owner: Little Yellow Jacket

Artists: winterfalcon
                                            Shop Design: Pax Britannica
                                            Cert/Map: - Zilithion -

Thread Manager:
                                            Event Manager: Depawsit
                                            Certist: Little Yellow Jacket
                                            Owner's List Updater: noxilicious
                                            Full Time Colorists:
                                            Lady Kitania, LYJ, Kaitaia, Gene Wilder
                                            Part Time Colorists: Ovarian Paint
                                            Guest Colorists:

Departed Staff:
                                            [Eskimo], spottedleef, Nerpin Lillypuff, Oreo Dreamer

`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out