Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm sure you guys have seen this coming for a long time, so I might as well make it official..I cannot continue to keep the Gaia runi shop open =| As you may have noticed... nothing ever happens here. There are several reasons for this that I won't go into. I do want to thank everyone for their support here while I've been a crappy shop owner. But as you guys have told me again and again, make sure what you're doing is fun.. and feeling guilty about neglecting this shop is not fun in the least.

That said, the runi are not dying by any means. I hope to see people on the rsuchu board instead of here.. the site is undergoing majorly awesome construction, and should be a standalone refuge for runi lovers.

Important Notes:
1) Your runi remain yours ,and are not second class citizens by any means. They can do anything a PI runi can do. You will also retain all of your items, which have full functionality. Your rings are also unaffected by the change(especially since you've already moved them over!).

2) Events will continue to be held on the runi boards; in fact, there's a big one coming up at the end of October that is entirely free with 6 runis to be won. One of the reasons this announcement is coming now is so that I don't have to split the event up.

3) When breedings open, I will have at least one slot for Gaia gold only. I may also offer other sales/event runi for gold.

4) Items will continue to be available for gold, so you can always have what you need for your runi/breedings (in fact you probably have an edge over the PI people here, because there's less competition.

5) I will be attempting to lure roleplayers to the board, among other things, to make it more active so it's not boring and stuff X|

Again, sorry for leading you astray.. and I really, really do hope to see you guys at the rsuchu board. To those from the orchard.. I'm doubly sorry for leading you on a goose chase after the rsuchu :< This will be the last stop, I promise x.x

For your convenience, here is the forum link: http://www.rsuchu.com/forum/
And here is the website link: http://www.rsuchu.com/

10/12/09 - The Gaia branch of the Rsuchu is closing. I cannot manage multiple locations of the shop anymore sad You can continue to follow the rsuchu on the runi boards at http://www.rsuchu.com/forum/[/ur] or on Pony Island. I am still looking to hire a RP manager for the boards, if there was interest.
9/28/09 - Working on cleaning up the thread a bit :0 Tentatively considering hiring an RP manager. Do you like to RP? Can you manage? Stick around :> Also still working on whittling down my to-do list, but eventually there will be an auction and an Rp (or at least character design) event!
8/29/09 - I've posted a whole bunch of news and info on p112-- please take a look! Also, I'm looking to temporarily hire some website/database assistance. See news for details. This is a paid position =)
8/20/09 - As you can see, things have slowed down significantly; we have made a move to Pony Island that has taken up a lot of resources. The Gaia shop is not closed! I'm working on setting up the Rsuchu website, and hopefully hosting an event here soon.
6/19/09 - Breeding slots have been opened! Breeding slots are full :O!
6/13/09 - The certing thread is up and running in the guild; please fill out an application there to get your runis certed =) There are also new arrivals on page 93. Breedings have officially been scheduled for June 19th.
5/7/09 - The guild is now up and running! Check it out here! Also, the thread has been revamped with newer, sexier graphics =D So exciting!![
5/3/09 - The Spring Flower Sale is OPEN! Runi flaffle, familiar flatsale, and item shop are open![
4/26/09 - We have certs ^o^!!! Backgrounds are still in the works, but they should be available soon. Also, a new familiar was introduced today; the Corgriff!
4/24/09 - A free advertising raffle has been posted! Check it out for a chance to win a lovely semi-custom mare.
4/13/09 - First flatsale successfully completed!
4/7/09 - Shop open! Two free customs offered as a promotion.

1. Do not take, borrow, steal, repost, claim, or reproduce any of the art in this thread without the artist's permission.

2. Treat others in a courteous manner; no drama.

3. If you obtain a rsuchu unicorn it really should be housed on a webpage or in a dedicated post that I can link to in the parents list. Stats like name, gender, ID #, and parentage are good things to keep handy. There is a journal forum in the guild for just this purpose. You don't need to post entries in it, it's just nice to have them displayed, especially if they are in an open ring.

4. Roleplaying/journals are not required to own a rsuchu, though runi who participate in these activities have advantages when breeding.

5. Do not beg for handouts. Runi are occasionally adopted out for free if you know where to look

The Rsuchu Unicorns, colloquially known as "runis" (roo-nees) are a lithe, agile and intelligent breed of equines that come in a brilliant array of colors, patterns, and traits. They were first created in 2002, and I have kept the most recent renditions true to their original form. Each runi adult is individually drawn and colored by hand; no recycled line art means that every pet is 100% unique smile

Some Note-worthy Facts:

-Runi are heavily prone to mutation; hoof style, coat length, horn type, and even winged individuals are just a few of the many features you might expect to find on a rsuchu.

-All rsuchu unicorns are named in a "****'s **** ****" pattern. For example Crimson's Blinding Glow or River's Siren Song.

-Runis live in groups called Rings. A Ring consists of 1-2 unrelated stallions and 5-8 mares. Inbreeding is not allowed, and runi may only breed if they are in a ring.

-Runis are not RP-mandatory pets; you may RP them if you like, but I don't have any journal/RP
requirement for them beyond that they must be posted SOMEWHERE and hosted by you. Runi owners who are active in the thread, in a journal, or who RP their runi will be able to earn perks, including a potential Stage-2 adult form 4laugh I find RP mandatory-for-breeding rules to be utterly ridiculous.

-I have revived this project in order to be a fun, relaxing past-time for me. This might not be an intensely active shop; I have gone that route before and it is not worth it : If you do not feel comfortable in a laid-back atmosphere, this might not be the shop for you.

Custom runi may be ordered as long as there are slots open. There are several options at verying costs you may choose from; prices are high because customs are ment to be rarer. Mutations listed are examples only and are not the only ones available.

Normal Custom - 30,000g
You pick gender, colors, patterns, jewlery, hair style (ie, braids, dredlocks, short-cropped), feathering length (hair around hooves). A few minor mutations (hoof changes, horn changes, tufted tail, etc.) are allowed.

Modified custom - 50,000g
You pick all of the above options, plus are allowed up to 2 more extensive mutations: different foot types (paws, claws), tails (dragon, bird), extra horns/antlers, scales, etc.

Winged Custom - 75,000g
You pick all of the above options, plus the runi has wings (feathered, dragon, fairy, butterfly, etc.)

Complexity modifier - + 10,000g
If your requested runi is extremely complex (you want it covered in full-body tattoos or armor or bedecked in peacock feathers or covered in like 8 mutations, etc), you will have to add this modifier onto your order.

Foal Stage modifier - +2000g
If you would like your runi to have a foal stage as well as an adult stage, you will have to add this modifier onto your order. All foals have the same base outline.

Marker Customs - $$ sample, sample, sample, sample, sample, sample, sample, sample
Due to the cost associated with copic markers, I can only offer these for USD. The cost of a normal custom will cover the purchase of two(2) shiny new markers and/or 1.5 refill wells =) E-mail me for details ~ cealoisi at gmail dot com. Marker slots are always open unless otherwise noted.

Custom form:
Post the following form in the thread when ordering a custom. Your trade must be sent at the time of the posting or your spot will not be guaranteed. I will only accept the trade once the custom has been finished.

Your name:
Type of custom you are ordering:
Minor mutations: (if applicable)
Moderate mutations: (if applicable)
Wing type: (if applicable)
Complexity modifier? yes/no
Accessories: (if applicable)
Additional notes/requests:

[b]Your name:[/b]
[b]Type of custom you are ordering:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Colors/patterns:[/b]
[b]Minor mutations:[/b]
[b]Moderate mutations:[/b]
[b]Wing type:[/b]
[b]Complexity modifier?[/b]
[b]Accessories:[/b]
[b]Additional notes/requests:[/b]

Custom slots open:
1. ahnnha
2. closed
3. closed

There are two options for breeding your runi~

Ring Breedings

The normal method of requesting a breeding during Breeding Season entails two runi from the same ring getting together. Runi can only breed if they are in the same ring; the only exceptions are for those who are heavy roleplayers, or who manage to get a phantom breeding slot. See below for more on phantom breedings and ring forming. Click here for a list of rings registered for breeding

When breeding season opens, there will be an announcement in this post saying that breedings are open and several slots will be listed available below. Each slot costs 20k and you must have a breeding charm to use for your pair. Other items, like twin charms or azure/rose chips, and trait selectors, can also be used to increase your control over the foal that is produced.

Breedings produce 1 (with a chance of two or very rarely three) offspring that combine the traits from the parents. Offspring are not guaranteed to inherit every trait from both parents (ie, wings) unless both parents have the trait. Certain items can be used to influence the offspring's appearance, and can be purchased at the shop below. You have 4 days to use an item on your foal before they will grow up without it. There are no exceptions.

Offspring can be kept, given away, or sold. If you sell the foal, I reserve the right to collect 20% of sale/auction price. You may wait until a runi has become an adult to sell, but you cannot tag or breed them until they are with their permanent owner (ie. if you tag it, it's yours.)

To apply for a breeding, post the following form in this thread:

Name:
Mother's Name:
Mother's ID:
Mother's URL (image only is fine):
Father's Name:
Father's ID:
Father's URL (image only is fine):
Are you using any items for this breeding?

[color=blue][size=18][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Mother's Name:[/b]
[b]Mother's ID:[/b]
[b]Mother's URL (image only is fine):[/b]
[b]Father's Name:[/b]
[b]Father's ID:[/b]
[b]Father's URL (image only is fine):[/b]
[b]Are you using any items for this breeding?[/b]
[/size][/color]

Breeding season is currently open!

Ring Breeding Spots:
1. LessaLynn - ru35mn x ru 22fn (Aurora's Glow)
2. Vahyla - ru7m x ru 22f (Faded Memories)
3. sera - ru13mn x ru32fn (Ocean's Bounty)

Phantom Breedings

Very rarely, phantom breedings are offered; in this case, the runi does not need to be in a ring, although they can be. They wander off into the wilderness and find a wild, unknown mate-- this is a great opportunity to get new blood into your group, and sometimes phantom parents may pass down some rare and exotic mutations and patterns! While you cannot choose the traits of the phantom, you can influence the mate that your rsuchu will find when they wander off; this can be accomplished by:

- Roleplaying your runi in a certain environment
- Putting your Runi in a web page or journal with a short story or description of their home
- The background environment on your Rsuchu's cert

Example: This mare was not only given an ocean-related name, but the background and story on her page both suggested that she lived on a beach. When bred to a phantom, her habitat influenced the unknown stallion-- both of her offspring were born with fins!

None of these things will guarantee mutations in your offspring; they just greatly improve your chances. Each slot costs 20k.

Phantom Spots:
1. closed
2. closed

A plethora of creatures are often found around runi and their rings. Some just enjoy the company, while others are rely on the safety of the ring, or may even come to it's defense. The diversity of creatures considered to be familiars is virtually infinite; in many cases, a species will be known to cohabitate with rsuchu, and so you will see them crop up here often. Sometimes a species will only appear once. Listed below are species regularly known to live with rsuchu rings.

For detailed information on these species, please see the Familiar Hub in the guild!

Mosty familiars cost 750g each. To buy one when they are available, post the name of the one you would like. You may choose a name and gender for your familiar; there are no naming rules.

One familiar for sale!

He is currently only available to people with one or no familiars ONLY :O

[size=18][color=orange]
[b]Your name: [/b]~
[b]Familiar desired: [/b]
[/color][/size]

Species: corgriff
Rarity: uncommon
Price: 1000g
SOLD to Livi-jo

These items will remain for sale until they are sold out, though the rest of the shop is closed!

The number of charges an item has is the amount of times it can be used before it is gone. Many items have one time usage only (especially breeding items). Items that have unlimited charges will appear on your runi's cert. A runi can only have one of each item on them at a given time (including potions).

Note: Because of the unique, hand-colored artwork of each rsuchu, lineart edits are a complex process that must be tailored to the individual runi; as a result, items that alter the appearance of an already existing pet are rather costly.

Breeding Charm
This charm is required to breed your runi. The system is being worked on, but currently both the charm and the fee are required. You may only redeem charms during breeding season.
Given to: A pair during breeding season
In Stock: 3/5
Cost: 5000g

Green Jewled Amulet
Runi who carry this amulet will have a 50% chance of producing an extra foal every time they breed. (Note: If both parents are wearing amulets, there will be a 100% chance of an extra foal. There can never be more than 3 offspring per breeding)
Given to: any runi
Charges: unlimited
In Stock: 0
Cost: 100,000g
Current Carriers: LessaLynn's Beach's Tidal Pool

Amber Potion
A foal given this potion will grow up with a random minor mutation.
Given to: A foal before it grows
Charges: 1
In Stock: 2/3
Cost: 1500g
Current Carriers: LilLavLav (OR), SunBlind (OR)

Winged Potion
At least one of the foals produced in this breeding will be born with feathered wings! If given to a foal, it will grow up with wings!
Given to: Mares or stallions, right before breeding, or foals before growing.
In Stock: 1/1
Cost: 30,000g
Current Carriers: Hayfen, Janalee (OR)

Fairy Potion
At least one of the foals produced in this breeding will be born with fairy wings! Can also be used to cover the cost of fairy wings on a custom order.
Given to: Breeding couple during foaling season
In Stock: 1/1
Cost: 30,000g
Current Carriers: Echos (PI)

A set of tribal garments and furs for a runi to wear as an adult. Outfits are not guaranteed to be passed to future offspring.
In Stock: 2/2
Cost: 2000g

A sacred flame who's magic will affect the foal who carries it; the fial will display elements of fire magic when it grows to adulthood, but the condition is not genetic.
In Stock: 0

Azure Chip
Will cause one foal in the breeding to have a 100% chance of bring male

Rose Chip
Will cause one foal in the breeding to have a 100% chance of bring female

(No Graphic Yet)
Trait Selector
This ring allows you to choose one trait (mutation, color, pattern, wtc) That has either a 100% chance oof being passed on or a 0% chance of being passed on. (For example, Say the mother is yellow, red, and black.. you don't want any yellow in the foal, so you use a trait selector with the condition "no yellow"; the foal has a chance of receiving (or not receiving) every color/trait/pattern of either parent, but will have no yellow whatsoever).
Given to: Pair during breeding season
In Stock: 2/5
Cost: 8000g

The owners list has been moved to the guild.

A 'ring' is a group of rsuchu; much like a 'herd' of horses, a 'pack' of wolves, or a 'flock' of birds, you have a 'ring' of runis. A ring consists of 1-2 stallions and up to 8 mares. Runi can ONLY breed within their ring, so a lot of people coordinate their rings by color or traits. The naming rule for Rings is "(the) Ring of **** ****, " for example, The Ring of Crystal's Song, or Ring of Brilliance Dawning. A ring must have at least one stallion and two mares to be linked here.

The two stallions must be unrelated, but some of the mares might be sisters or daughters-- grown young usually don't join their parents ring so there's no worry of inbreeding, but sometimes it happens. Usually if breeding season is open, any member of the ring may request a breeding with their runi and another member-- there is an implicit understanding that everyone has agreed to give permission to everyone else. So if person A owns a stallion, and persons B, C, and D own mares, Person A can pop in during breeding season and say "hey id like to breed my stallion with mare C", or Person B can request a breeding with A as the father etc etc.

Rings can also either be open or closed as far as breeding goes. An Open ring offers breedings to the public, without people having to ask permission. In this case, when breeding season is open, a person with no runi of their own (or no ringed runis) can go into a ring that has decided to be open and say "i want stallion A and mare B to be the parents of the babies I get"-- the offspring would go to that person, and not the owners of the runis. This is a good way of spreading your genetic lines without all the burden falling to the owners. Conversely, a ring may be Closed-- in this case, an outsider would have to ask for permission to breed runis (and could, of course, be denied). A closed ring might also put up notice that they don't accept outside breedings at all and refuse solicitation. This ensures that only you and your ring members will have access to the young, but keeps their pool of offspring smaller.

All rings should have their own thread in the guild ring directory (or their own website) where their members are listed.

For more information about forming a ring, and to see the rings currently in existence, check out the guild directory here.

Link to us ^o^ Feel free to PM for affiliation.

Small Banner:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cklm3f][img]http://dragonspyrit.net/runi/smban1.gif[/img][/url]

Large banner:

[url=http://tinyurl.com/cklm3f][img]http://dragonspyrit.net/runi/sfb.jpg[/img][/url]

Affiliates:

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

bump for open

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items