Welcome to Gaia! ::

Peculiar Human

A friend of mine told me about this closure, and while this place is not my home, I know what it's like to watch a shop you love go belly up. I am deeply, deeply sorry to everyone affected by this. My most sincere condolences, and may you find new safe haven.

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
I just want it to be known that I really love everyone here. The community was truly something I could always lean into when I needed a shoulder, someone I could talk to when I needed an ear, someone to give me inspiration or cheer me up when I needed the perk boost or the kick to my artistic muses.
I've been active in many shops. I've colored either as full on staff, part-time staff or guest staff for lots of shops in the B/C, but B'alam was always one of the very few places I knew I could be welcomed without judgment. Everyone here - staff, pet owners, and yes, stalkers! - were always welcoming and understanding. I couldn't ask for a better family than the ones I've made here.
To see the shop and my family be treated in such a way is heartbreaking. Words genuinely cannot express the amount of turmoil I'm dealing with this news and for that, I'm just.... meeeeeehhhhh.... I'm just meh. Meh... >.<!

I do not know both sides of this story. I only know the one I've been told and the one I've observed either as a sister in staff, or as a bystander watching the other parties slowly scratch away at our collective sanity with their bizarre and sheltered efforts to get their way.
If - IF - LYJ wants to calmly approach me to explain their side of the story, I will gladly allow it! I'd love to hear what's going on in their mind. I'd love to understand why they thought the route they took here was more reasonable than acting as a mature adult and approaching the shop calmly to discuss this situation instead of... ~points to the PMs from Gaia mods~ ... this...
As an outsider, this method - to me - is childish and petty... so until I learn otherwise, this is how I view it.

AND SO! Due to the immature motions in which this was handled on their end, I want it known...

I, Seruta, would like it to be known that any B'alam and/or B'alam familiar that was colored or edited by me cannot be used as a reference for a new pet, conversion, etc. at any point in time for anything attached to the LYJ or Leelakins name. This includes whatever name(s) they are associated with on not just Gaia, but on other sites and platforms as well.
Pets and edits that I have made and/or created through these lines have had some small semblence of my myself added into their creation and I do not want to be associated with them at this time.
This ruling is indefinite unless I am given sufficient enough reason to withdraw this statement myself. If anyone is uncertain on this ruling, I encourage contacting me for further verification or discussion on the matter via PM here on Gaia, or through DM on Discord.

That being said, To everyone here who made B'alam the wonderful place that it's been, please do not hesitate to contact me. I don't want to lose contact with any of my online fam. emotion_bigheart

With much love and support,
Seruta
Absolute
Petty
Bull honkey

I have been in and out of this shop for quite some time, but no matter what, whenever I came back, everyone was so welcoming and understanding, willing to work with me to help me get back on my feet in the shop.

To see this go down is absolutely heartbreaking, and to those who had a part in tearing this down...

I have nothing to say to you.

I completely agree with Seruta on everything they have said, and wholeheartedly support their decision in stating that none of the things they have colored or created may be converted in such a fashion as they have stated.

I had so many plans for so many of my babies, including the new ones I JUST got from the winter events. I hadn't even named or certed them. My heart is breaking having to read through everything that has happened.

Everyone within this shop....

You are all absolutely amazing.

I cannot wait to continue talking with you, and to find a way to keep Realm of the B'alam going in spirit.

To those of you who brought this down, I hope you are living the high life you think you deserve, before it comes crumbling down around you.

Anxious Prophet

I just found this shop, fell in love with the art, and now I find out that a brat who will not be named wants her lineart —that she gave away her rights to— back? Shame on that person/s involved with shutting down this shop/guild!
To those that had put all their effort, time and love into this: I am soooo sorry that this has happened to you, and I pray that you find a safe haven to keep this shop alive (if only in spirit)

Fantastic Kitten

I have never been through here before and I don’t feel the need to express my reasons for why, but I can’t not say something. This is a horrendous injustice to every single one of you and I’m so sorry. Honestly. The total destruction of a community in this manner is extremely concerning and I actually fear for others that may be in similar situations now or in the future. Who’s to say that this couldn’t happen to them, too? Lord have mercy.

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
3DS Friend Code: 3695-0873-3687 | New 3DS Friend Code: 4828-7695-4157
Discord: ~Twilight...Angel~#4580

I was here a lot more when we first started up here, slowly started disappearing when things started slowing down. But always popped back in to see everyone and say hi. Always enjoyed seeing all the pets here and everything... I'm gonna miss that I was never able to get going on anything.

You guys are all awesome and I beyond hope that I at least get to see you guys in other places around.

Pet Journals: Soquili; Plots; Singles; Quests | Balam | Matope; Pairings | Wardwood

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Okay.

This is a huge load of BS considering what has been said. The owner poured her heart and soul into this shop and made a welcoming place. This is actually hurting my heart so badly.

I hope to see something rise from the ashes of this messy fire that was lit.

Accursed Cat

I was just recently gifted two pets from this shop and to see something like this happen and be permitted is disturbing. I'm sorry to see this shop go especially in such a manner and I am so sorry for the people who called this place home. I will always cherish the pets I received before this happened and wish nothing but the best for the community that supported this place with all their time and energy given.

Precious Feeder

Wow. After a while of not being active in the b/c and deciding to come back to try and get my feet back on solid ground and get my pets interacting again I find this.

Welp, I might as well let it be known. Any pets owned by me cannot be resold, designs cannot be used as a reference nor can their names be used in any other shop created with these lines on gaia or off sight. If you wish to know who it is I own, you may pm me for details. This is not up for negotiation. Any attempt to use the pets name or design will be considered art theft.

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
Patron Saint Of Farewells
Wow. After a while of not being active in the b/c and deciding to come back to try and get my feet back on solid ground and get my pets interacting again I find this.

Welp, I might as well let it be known. Any pets owned by me cannot be resold nor can their names be used in any other shop created with these lines on gaia or off sight. If you wish to know who it is I own, you may pm me for details. This is not up for negotiation. Any attempt to use the pets name or design will be considered art theft.

No on'e B'alam are getting rehomed.
We were told to stop creating new B'alam. All B'alam previously created before the cease and desist are safe and we have no interest in taking anyone's pets away from them. They are yours.
Feel free to PM me if any of this confuses you. I'd be happy to clear up any confusions.

Precious Feeder

Seruta
Patron Saint Of Farewells

Welp, I might as well let it be known. Any pets owned by me cannot be resold nor can their names be used in any other shop created with these lines on gaia or off sight. If you wish to know who it is I own, you may pm me for details. This is not up for negotiation. Any attempt to use the pets name or design will be considered art theft.

No on'e B'alam are getting rehomed.
We were told to stop creating new B'alam. All B'alam previously created before the cease and desist are safe and we have no interest in taking anyone's pets away from them. They are yours.
Feel free to PM me if any of this confuses you. I'd be happy to clear up any confusions.

Oh no. My post wasn't to insinuate that you all would rehome them. I trust you guys. What I don't trust is the one that made all of this happen. Who knows what other underhanded things they would do.

Aged Gaian

10,625 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Feeder 50
In my opinion, if you buy something from some one, that item is considered yours. I could see some rules applying such as do no re-edit the lines or do not try and claim the lines as yours. But, if you bought the line art, it's yours to do what you wish with it. And they have no right to say otherwise unless it was a part of the rules that came with the line art.

Wheezing Fatcat

I'm very sad to see this happen to you guys. I know how much work you've put into it and I've always admired this community; even if I never really posted here and just lurked in the shadows...

But I am so glad I turned that weird commission down from LYJ. Back in September she approached me for a new cert with lineart almost identical to here. I felt something weird and shady was going on and refused. I cannot imagine two shops running around with the same lineart. And now this? It's awful!

I didn't think LYJ would take it to this extreme to get the line art she essentially traded away for the work you did on the ponies. She has so many sets of lineart at her disposal, why couldn't she just let this one go? =/

Revel1984's Bae

Obsessive Streaker

I personally think there were a couple more factors than just wanting the lineart back at work here... especially when LYJ owns other leopard and cat lines. /sigh

But this community will survive in one way or another, I think!

Jadedmess's Waifu

Married Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
What if you guys worked with someone to make new lines? I'd be willing to help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff