Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
3DS Friend Code: 3695-0873-3687

*pats* It's alright Bro xD

Pet Journals: Soquili | SoA | Wardwood | Balam | Matope | PawsNClaws | Animal Crossing: Barton Town | Phony Quests

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100

I'm sooper speshull. emotion_kirakira

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
Not as special as I am. When you talked about a doomsday page, I forgot for several seconds what the doomsday page was. After I'd already figured it out. D'oh.

Devoted Husband

13,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
I feel like I get what Doomsday page means
But at the same time, I don't
So.....
/ super confused

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
The Doomsday Page was page 2012--y'know, how the world was "supposedly" going to end in 2012?

Ice-Cold Wyvern

19,650 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

The world was supposed to end so very many times already xD When it finally happens it'll be a surprise <3

Pet Journals: Soquili | SoA | Wardwood | Balam | Matope | PawsNClaws | Animal Crossing: Barton Town | Phony Quests

Playful Hellraiser

14,650 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bookworm 100

Hard to type, pug is sitting on my arm. xD

samus x's Husband

Obsessive Fairy

~Twilight...Angel~
Mewsings of An Angel
There!
Named my new gal~

User Image

I LOVE her name! : D And we used the same background image in our name things xD LOL!

User Image

I Lady Kiya I

CaliWolfe

Fantastic! : D I don't know what a MoPad is? o.o You answered that question :'D

haha I am on

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
I don't think I'll be around when the world ends xD

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
Alone in the North ◘◘◘

Entrant(s) ||
xx• Golden Boy: Will be contested
xx• Dotty Girl: Ice_Dragon_Demon
xx• Crimson Mask: Geyser Eelborn

Concept ||
A colony!
Dyr Andar: Spirit Animals

• Political system: representational democracy
>>o Each faction—Skogur, Vethur, and Steinur—elect a leader, who will represent them. The leader confers with the other leaders to come up with a decision for the colony as a whole.
• Beliefs:
>>o The Dyr Andar believe that to each B’alam was given, as well as a half-spirit, the spirit of an animal by their creator, the Great Creature (aka the Grand Weaver—no one’s been around to tell them what he’s called!). No B’alam can be complete unless they embrace their spirit animal, their andar.
>>o They believe that there are two worlds, the natural world and the spirit world. The natural world is the world that B’alam inhabit, and the spirit world is the world where the lines between B’alam (dyr) and andar blurs, and where they walk in the same skin.
• Factions:
>>• Skogur: healers, druids, and spiritual leaders. Leaders are named after trees. Yggdrasil
>>>>o Herbalists: mint (spruce)
>>>>o Healers: poppy (willow)
>>>>o Druids (communicators with nature): mistletoe (oak)
>>>>o Shamans (communicators with the spirit world): sage (yew)
>>>>o Bards: crocus (maple)
>>• Vethur: Hunters. Leaders are named after storms. Tempest
>>>>o Trappers: Winds (Tornado?)
>>>>o Chasers: Thunders (Thunderstorm)
>>>>o Flushers: Hails (Hailstorm)
>>>>o Trackers: Flurries (Squall)
>>>>o Herders: Rain? (Flood)
>>• Steinur: Warriors. Leaders are named after gemstones. Mountain
>>>>o Sedimentary: support groups
>>>>>>Scouts: flint (Malachite)
>>>>o Metamorphic: basic troops
>>>>>>Regulars: slate (topaz)
>>>>o Igneous: heavy hitters
>>>>>> Berserks: granite (hematite)
>>>>>> Tanks: Basalt (obsidian)
• Traditions:
>>o Andar: each member of Dyr Andar (called a dyr) has a spirit animal they admire/emulate/look up to/identify with. This is their andar, and much of Dyr Andar life and spirituality revolves around them.
>>o Names: each dyr has a two-part name. The first part is the part their mother gave them (or, if first gen, they give themselves). So a blue cub might have been named Sky or Stream by their mother. When they complete the Tracking to become an adult, they give themselves a second name based on their andar. So for example, if Sky’s spirit animal is a floofalo, it might be Sky Soft or Stream Hoof (or Sky Floofalo, hey, we ain’t judging). If it’s a bird, it could be Stream Feather or Sky Flight or something like that. Giving your child the first name of an animal is seen as bad luck, as it’s seen to be influencing the cub’s andar.
>>o Spirit Tracking: a coming-of-age tradition whereby the adolescent (adult, in shop terms) spends a week ghosting their andar, learning from them and living like them (except eating like them—if your andar is a deer, you do not have to eat like a deer). During this week, the dyr must remain out of contact with all other B’alam. When the dyr returns, they go to the leader of their choice and present to them what they learned in the past week. If the leader deems them to have learned enough, they are allowed to give themselves a second name and join the leader’s faction.
>>o Lost in the World: not everyone knows what their andar is when the time comes to Track them. A “lost” dyr consults with a mistletoe and a sage (a druid and a shaman), who engage in a secret ceremony (read: they get really stinking high—to commune with their andar to help their fellow dyr, of course) and give the dyr instructions on how to figure out what their andar is.
>>o Elections: occur once a year.

What is the relationship dynamic here?
"Crimson Mask" and "Dotty Girl" are childhood sweethearts. Crimson Mask will be the founder of the Steinur; Dotty Girl will be the founder of the Vethur. Dunno about Golden Boy yet, though we'd appreciate it if he was besties with the other two.
Additional Info ||
Most of this will probably be made up as the cubs get older; for now, they're still forming. Definitely open to new members!

Quiz Time!
What's our policy with NPC's? No NPCs! No one can figure into a character's backstory if they don't exist as a pet in this shop.
Why can't there be any history of glorious battles or ancient heros? Because this is the time of legends, where the history of glorious battles and ancient heroes are made! This is the time of creation, the first generations of B'alam, and the genesis of nations. If we want glorious battles, our pets have to start them themselves. If we want great heroes, our B'alam have to become those great heroes.
Who is the Ice Magus or Magi? Loki! King of Asgard Roskilhiem!
Why is it EXCEEDINGLY difficult for an ice b'alam and a fire b'alam to pair up? Fire Tribers easily succumb to hypothermia. Ice Tribers easily succumb to hyperthermia. Unless they can reconcile thick fur with thin fur, their romance is doomed.

Do you love you some ice tribe? THEY'RE JUST SO FLUFFY

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

*pokes and runs away*

Devoted Husband

13,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Geyser and Ice Dragon, I love your concept!
Its beautiful! :O
holy hand grenades!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas