Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Shapeshifter

*hugs all around* Awake oddly early for me. Probably because I had to open all weekend. Now even on my day off I'm awake, and it's windy.... I don't like when it's howling windy ...

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

Astraea Pandora
Ehhh sorry I didnt mean for it to be creepy..I was trying to think of something kinda nanite molecular isness that wouldn't constitute was cheating or stepping out sweatdrop Apologies all around!
Blister packs?! And that's more than you deviants deserve! XP

For the record, I'm pretty sure enforced reproduction is much much more horrible than cheating or stepping out... I mean...imagine waking up one day to find you're pregnant with some random guy's kids when as far as you know nothing ever happened...

And I know the whole 'surprise!' gene-splicing blister pack business is already really iffy moral ground. We just do it because 1. we know it makes things a lot easier for a lot of you who want your cake and to eat it! 2. we're techically operating on a sci-fi-y paradigm where DNA-replica business is supposed to be more cloney than 'child-y' (hence the 'breeding' sales pitch being towards the owner wanting a babby-version of their grown up Phony again) 3. we're supposed to be a creepy dystopian organisation masquerading as a place of fun and joy (who draws the line at enforced pregnancies, obvs) - but largely 1. So now you guys know!
Well it's not like CD and Ink have never done the deed, they had a small fling! I was just thinking maybe the nanites store the information from ink's nanites and could replicate it at a later date?

Beloved Shapeshifter

I think it's the third party factor in determining when they get triggered that makes it creepy. Some animals store for later or hold back from giving birth until conditions are right, so I can see where you're coming from with it.

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

Astraea Pandora
Well it's not like CD and Ink have never done the deed, they had a small fling! I was just thinking maybe the nanites store the information from ink's nanites and could replicate it at a later date?
NO. Surprise!gene-splicing is creepy enough, I just can't imagine why on earth we would do this thing where enforced/belated reproduction-info-storage/pregnancy switch is anywhere near our to-do list?! Just think of it in human terms, you guys basically treat Phonies as people - you surprise!wake up with the babies of some guy you had a small fling with once upon a time?! And IC'ly speaking, Phonyland wouldn't need propagation when control over the population for us is best done through manufacturing (and culling...), if we wanted specific genes we'd just splice at will. What's going on in their bodies is their business (unless we want to kill them...), it's bad enough we let you guys clone them without askin'... You already have options that are already bad enough, we're not going to jump that moral event horizon with this one.

Tygress Dream
I think it's the third party factor in determining when they get triggered that makes it creepy. Some animals store for later or hold back from giving birth until conditions are right, so I can see where you're coming from with it.
PREEEETTY sure horses don't do that... razz

Jun D's Prince

Garbage Cat

Personally I find it particularly disturbing that you're so insistent on a Phony that's not even yours, who is now committed, being a baby momma for your stallion. Blister packs are not bad/good enough, she just somehow has to get pregnant with Ink's babies and have his babies. I don't understand why it isn't obvious how creepy that is.
Ehhh I'll just consider it a bad idea fueled by thinking too hard about too many things that don't actually work and tired and just drop it all together. I really didn't mean for it to come off creepy just thinking phony too computery in some ways and not as biological as they are and stuff. My continued apologies emotion_facepalm

I wasn't insisting, and they'd been paired in the past, I didn't realize she was in a committed relationship at till I started talking about it. I don't mind dropping the idea altogether if it's not wanted. Just going off old information is all.

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

Trufax: even as a creepy dystopic overlord, I am sorta tormented over the suprise!gene-splicing a bit. I know it's a bit silly since Phonies are explicitly supposed to be manufactured pets who live and die (not that we'd let you kill them but theorectically-speaking) by the whims of their cruel owners and we are explicitly shady-illegal-and-sorta-obviously-evil, and we explicitly state that the babbens are only your 'children' instead of clones or what-have-you if-and-because you want them to be. XD;; But at the same time, this practice clearly benefits quite a lot of you and I do understand the ease and appeal...

Well as long as you now know, Astra! (Though I wouldn't do that to a robot either.) I may sound like I'm harping on but I'm really serious about this. Now y'all can go back to talking about Phonies you want suprise!Blisters from.
Ugh. I just can't win today emotion_facepalm I'm just gonna go find a hole to crawl in and die for a bit. I'm sorry I said anything and to anyone who thinks I'm a horrible person/creepy/offensive. It was never my intention at all.

Beloved Shapeshifter

Prestige walks by and sets down his hat. Bunny hops out of the hat followed by Flourish the cube giving off an odd combo squelch-pop as it regains its shape. Prestige puts his hat back on and the three continue strolling and slide/hopping along*

Distraction! cat_4laugh

Mega Lunatic

//yawns and rolls in

I had the weirdest dreams last night that wouldn't let me get a good night of sleep. orz

EDIT: How are all of you this morning? //nuzzles gently

Yunonia's Queen

Springtime Spirit

User Image
*nibbles short* I had a dream I was still in high school, and I was wearing Power Ranger costumes to school and I'd take them off on the bus ride home so I was just in my underwear.

Also if we're still telling first Phony stories, I got Aquarius from the last married couple, Starlight & Due North in a contest from the last event P:
I was sooooo happy! I'd been sort of trying on and off for the whole year and I finally got a phony <3

Mega Lunatic

Auuuh, school/underwear dreams are so uncomfortable. D:

But yeah! Banana Creme came from Hope and Ruri's Lemon Lime and Candy Cane, back in their 2012 breeding. <3 I had been trying out for a phony since the shop's first Christmas event, so I've been lurking in the shop since 2010. That's a long time, now that I think about it ahahaha.

Colorful Contributor

... s**t, that's right, I was gonna start trying to record and remember my dreams again. Completely forgot until now, and last night's dream... gonk all I remember was it was petty cool and adventure-y.

My first phony was bought for me by Michie, which I am still friggin floored by. He is now part of ponetp and that is basically the best. When I'm done writing some of the other s**t I've gotta write that's time-sensitive, I'll have to get back and finish that goddamn rp he has with noel still open, and actually do more s**t to fulfill his existence. luv u michie. luv my neg.

Mega Lunatic

Omg, Corn I still remember Neg in Kuniku and every time I think about him I wanna cry because he was so beautiful ahahaha

He's still beautiful here, too~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces