Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is the Journal for Edelsteine Shkhin, the Contagion. Please do not post unless you have the expressed permission of Sizzla.

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

• Ivy's post •
• Navigation •
• Demands •
• Edelsteine Sh'khin, the Cantagion •
• Irisana, the Infected •
• Timeline •
•Transitions •
• The Pantheon •
• Offerings •
• The Temple •
• Followers •
• Reserved •
• Reserved •
• Reserved •
• Reserved •
• Credits •

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

As usual, there are only a few (but important) rules for this journal:

• If you are a Edelsteine player, manager or shop owner, you MAY post here. Otherwise, please PM me for permission. I do not want random posts in my journal.
They will be deleted.

• Please, use proper grammar and spelling if you're going to post here. I'm a**l about it, and as an editor, I'm super-picky about grammar and spelling. I don't understand all that talk with numbers that want to be letters and whatnot, so let's just keep it out of here. We're all intelligent, right?

• I'm not particular about you PMing me before posting gifts and such. I like having them in my journals, so you can just post them where they fall. Please post them in-character, but be sure there is not a RP in progress before you post.

• Sh'khin and Iris are not Gaian characters. Their world is totally separate. There is no Sizzla/Elysia in this world, nor do any of her children exist.
Please make note of this before you post.

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

User ImageName: Sh'khin (Pronounced "She-kin" Also known as Apollo, Jarri, Mikal, Reshef, Ekibiogami, Kukuth, Resef, Gozu-Tenno)

Shkhin was the sixth of the Egyptian plagues.The Shkhin was a kind of skin disease, usually translated as "boils". God commanded Moses and Aaron to each take two handfuls of soot from a furnace, which Moses scattered skyward in Pharaoh's presence. The soot induced festering Shkhin eruptions on Egyptian men and livestock. The Egyptian sorcerers were afflicted along with everyone else, and were unable to heal themselves, much less the rest of Egypt.

Title: The Cantagion

Hair: Black with streaks of green, long

Eyes: The iris is violet, like Iris' eyes, but the whites (sclera) are always bloodshot.

Height: same as Iris

Weight: same as Iris

Build: Looks much like a female, though has manly parts below the belt. Still has Iris' chest unfortunately.

Distinguishing features:
• Green skin mottled with browns and greens that look much like leisons on the skin.
• Small, reddish locust wings that protrude from his back. Cannot be used for flight.
• Silver stud nose piercing on his left nostril.

Powers:
• Minor Fever: Sh'khin can induce a feverish viral infection in his targets. A fever is defined as a temporary 1–2 °C (1.8-3.6 °F) increase in thermoregulatory set-point. Victims have a general sense of cold, increased in heart rate, muscle tone and shivering. The fever lasts for two weeks. It is a moderate grade fever. Modern mortal medical procedures do not relieve the symptoms, ever. It is not, in and of itself, a lethal malady, but complications may contribute.

• Minor Call Symbolic Animal: Rats, mice, fleas and other plague-bearing creatures can be summoned in a small swarm (whatever the 'mean group size') and given a one-word command by the god. They will obey.

Personality: Surprisingly, Sh'khin isn't particularly cruel or out to kill. He finds plague to be a necessary evil to balance the world and to keep the ecosystem from overgrowing itself. He's understanding of his host's misgivings, though he wishes she could see things from his point of view. Very methodical and patient, Sh'khin isn't necessarily a bad guy...Just misunderstood.

Normally, he is calm, methodical and friendly. He likes a schedule -- to eat meals at regular times (especially breakfast), sleep a good 8 hours and actually accomplish something each day, instead of lazing about. He can get stir-crazy at times, antsy. A walk usually solves this, and he heads into the suburbs and city outside of the Pantheon on most days, searching for followers, or for a conversation with a mortal.

He likes mortals quite a bit, finding them varied and unusual. He likes hearing their stories, and feels somehow closely connected to them. He believes this connection comes from his domain and it's ability to affect them so deeply. His relationship with his host has also had a lasting effect on his view of mortals, and he has chosen to keep Iris in the back of his mind forever, as a voice of reason and of humanity. She doesn't seem to mind this, and most of the time, she slumbers quietly. Sometimes though, she can't help but pipe in with her thoughts on certain subjects.

But beneath Sh'khin's cool exterior lies something else... Sh'khin himself is not yet sure what is bubbling beneath, but he feels as if it's his past creeping up on him. He remembers few things about his life in previous ages, but there are a couple of gods who are familar to him -- those he will never forget. The first, and his unrequited love, is the lady of Suffering, whom he recalls being fiercely devoted to in a past incarnation. They were never lovers, but he admired her from afar, taking a role as a close friend and watching as she made decisions he didn't approve of. She is now going to be reborn, into an beautiful elven girl named Adrianne, thanks to Sh'khin's initiative.

The second he remembers, who in this age is named Morpheus, is the god of Dreams. He is Sh'khin's rival, and always has been -- always will be. He was a lover of Suffering, one who Sh'khin did not approve of. In fact, he despised the god and his arrogance. He hurt Her, and Sh'khin could only watch as he broke Her, a shoulder to cry on.

In their first meeting since being reborn, Sh'khin and Morpheus had a tense meeting in a graveyard, where Morpheus almost brought Sh'khin's life to an end again, strangling Iris. Plague's anger rolled out of him during this incident, and ever since, he has not been the entirely pleasant god he once was. The further rebirth of Destruction's children are also fanning flames of cruelty that Sh'khin can't help but ignore. Evil resides somewhere inside him, but he does not yet have control over it.

Background: TBA

All images can be found in Sh'khin's Gallery

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

User ImageName: Irisana Mara Stewart, "Iris"

Hair color: Black, thick but straight. She has deep green streaks on the underside of her hair, so that the green peeks out every now and then.

Eye color: Deep violet

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 140 lbs.

Build: Muscular, lean, (if you're looking at her boobs, she's a C-cup--pooorrr Sh'khin!)

Distinguishing features: Her skin is pretty pale--she makes sure to use sunscreen whenever she goes outside. She doesn't want to get skin cancer, of course. Iris wears a pair of rimless oval glasses when she's reading. She also has two piercings in each earlobe (one 2g plug, usually glass, and one regular stud in each ear), and a small stud in her nostril. All jewelry should be silver. She generally wears hospital scrubs or jeans and V-neck T-shirts.

Personality: Iris is smart and analytical, and prefers having her nose in a book, studying up on some of the most bizarre diseases one can get. She has a tendency to be rather serious in work situations, but can certainly lighten up once she's around others in a social atmosphere.

She is optimistic and determined, and hopes that one day researchers will find cures to all kinds of fatal diseases. She dreams of working for the CDC some day, and hopes that she will be able to do field studies rather than work inside a smelly hospital.

No longer taking her life for granted, Iris plans on living out her years trying to find cures for viruses and diseases that are thought to be deadly in 100% of the cases.

Little does she know that she will meet death sooner than she expected...

Background:

Other references:

These dolls don't include the green underlayer of her hair. Just fyi:
Iris, in an everyday outfit.
Iris in a dressy outfit
Well, aren't we the fashion plate?

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Code:
OOC, Solo post, Roleplay, Journal

06.14.06~ Sizzla wins the jewel, and soon, Iris shall meet her fate.
06.14.06~ Strange Days in the Emergency Room
06.16.06~ Meeting a God.
06.16.06~ Life in Seclusion...so much time to think.
06.25.06~ Mister Sean Fennel: my new Drinking Buddy
07.02.06~ Back Home at Last
07.02.06~ The Strange Jewel
07.02.06~ Impressions: Iris' Journal
07.03.06~ A Plague on Both Your Houses
07.07.06~ Sh'khin merges with Iris, finally reawakened. Thanks to Nergal, he can now begin his transition.
07.15.06~ Sleep My Darling

Ivy's World Timeline:
Backstory Timeline

0 – The void

5th age – Gaia is born. The basin and roof of All are formed of the shell of her seed.
6th age – Void Sings
6th age and 13 days – Void is denied and sent from the House of Gaia. Terra is created, and the second god is brought to be outside of itself and within itself in paradox.
7th age the awareness of Creation comes from void, and takes Gaia as wife
8th Age Universe is born with the first blooming of Yggdrassil.
8th age + some days Destruction, who was there since creation first stepped forth first appears. Light and Darkness are formed of the power of The Balance. Shadow is born of the cast off magic of the first battle of Light and Dark.

12th Age The age of Immortal glory – The first plays of the gods, those with favor and keeping in the court of the twin crown were given pearls by him as gifts. Some chose to birth the pearls alone, and of their singular power alone. Some worked with the magic of their friends, lovers or made treaties to birth the pearls with joint influences. Each of these pearls became of the First Children, the ageless immortals who are strong in the mana of the gods and do not die like their creators by the passage of time only. They may be caught, killed, or fall prey of accident.

13th Age The age of First Man - This time went forth bones as gifts to the gods and ageless immortals alike from Gaia. From these bone seeds sprang the mortal races of the earliest kinds. These were the greatest mortals, High Bloods, who lived long and had strong magic in their veins.

The Thirteenth age also marks the creation of the Dragon Kings, by no pearl but by the Twin Crown himself. They were begotten of him, their father and mother, alone among these new races to aid in the protection, order, war, and teaching of the other gods and their creations alike.

From these days forward the further breeding of bloods and passage of time gave way to evolution. This was good and pleasing to all. It did, in many cases, have the effect that the mana and strength of the primal energies of the Crown were dimished with each success generation of gods, immortals and mortals. Men lived shorter lives, Wyrms begat simpple dragons and then wyverns, and the gods themselves had children whose domains were no longer so far reaching ....limited and specialized.

The thirteenth age is marred bby the beginning of the War of the Forgotten Throne, pitting the gods against the Grigori and their followers.

16th Age-
The end of this age is marked by the succession of the Grigori from the gods. The were granted wish to leve to the Ashlands.

17th Age - The beginning of this age is the coming of Aristogeiton to the Pantheon halls. The Medallion of the Consort was fashioned in the first ten years or the relationship.
+70 years Aristogeiton dies for the first time, the amulet functions normally.

+500 years Sanatruces dies, the final incarnation of the souls of Aristogeiton. The Amulet's magic seems changed. This is the first sign that something is amiss. The Pantheon's corruption starts to show at the edges. The cancer of the Fading is beginning. Searches conducted for the new incarnation prove fruitless for the next 300 years.

Strife begins to break out with more vigor in this time between various peoples, as it does among the gods themselves. Chaos is growing, but still managable.

19th Age Strife and Chaos are at a peak. The Dragon Kings are deployed in force, along with the gods allied with the Twin Crown to try to restore balance and order to All that Is. In this Age the first god is Faded to nothing, vanishing to a whisper of voice and then is no more. Only those closest to the matter and to the Crown take note. The First Gone was Rainbow. Her brother Morning Dew followed close after.

20th Age The Weakening sickness is felt by all of the Gods now. Some to greater extent, others to lesser. This is the time of teh Summons to the Pantheon. Many do not answer and remain isolated, or with their own allies and keeping. The Twin Crown himself goes out to both war and charity among the gods, immortals and mortals, trying to set the balance to right.

This Age is marked by the deaths of many.
The Age ends with the Death of Gaia.

21st Age The Pantheon is reduced to a handful of leaves. The Death of Universe marks the final unravelling of the raw mana of the gods. Many follow in the wake of the bleeding of the stars.

The first of the Dragon Kings succumbs, Qian Lung the Black Dragon.

22nd Age The last standing gods are Fate, Hearth, War, Plague and Charity. The Last Dragon King is Yu Five Claws. The Age ends with the death of the last god, Hearth, in the arms of Creation.

108th Age Creation founds the New Home. The first of the Edelsteine jewels are complete. The first edel, Universe, is reborn into the mortal flesh of the kitsune Ivynian.

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

User Image

Jewel
An Edelsteine has four stages. Purchasers will be given a jewel. These jewels contain the essence and magic of a specific type of deity/power/influence. The jewel will be implanted into the owner's body and will begin to form a connection to the owner's soul.
-At this stage, your rp is focussed on the slow wakening of the deity withing the mind of your character, and the begining changes.
-At this stage, the magic of the deity is wholly limited to the host body and just barely to their environment. Their magic is not yet regained enough to form attacks on other players outside of plain brawl and melee that the body is capable of. It cannot form influence over others either. Such as: a deity if Thought could not yet use telepathy to read another person's mind as a jewel, just their host's.
-Use a "OOC:" when rping or storytelling at this stage, please. That will help other players and readers to delineate.

User Image

User Image

Morph
The morph is the second stage. It will replace the jewel in the owner's signature, showing the begining chrysallis of merging between the jewel soul power and the soul of the owner. This process may be interpretted as painful, not painful, fast, slow, whatever, depending on the jewel.
-At this stage, the deity is either in process of destroying the hosts mind/soul, is trying to merge with the hosts mind to try to keep some shard of them alive, or maybe some other option. Talk it over with me if you have a fun idea.
-At this stage, deities are not reborn yet. Abilities of the host are still partially usable/manifest. Abilities of teh deity are basic at best. Maybe one small magic is available to them, and not with great control over it. And example of this would be a water deity being able to fill a glass of water, and that's all.

-You will be given a small portrait image to use in thread rp. It has come to my attention that ooc chat and rp chat may be confused. So by providing these portraits at this "active" rp stage it should help clear that up a bit.
-Certifications include powers to avoid excessive God-modding.
Requirements:

Quote:
jewel to morph
about at about 3 pages( after page 1)....aka:
normal=15-20 solo, 15-20 joint
I like writing with others=10-15 solo, 20-25 joint
I like my own writing=20-25 solo, 10-15 joint

User Image

Youth
A "youth", the third stage of the Edelsteine, is the deity reborn. This means that everything is now the deity's, it is their mind, their body, their soul now.
-the original host character, provided they have not been destroyed by the deity, only exists as a whisper, a conscience, or a voice in the mind of teh deity. None of their powers remain. They cannot control the body. They were sacraficed for the rebirth of the deity, and if they still exist in that smallest sense, it was only at the desire of the immortal whom is beyond their puny mortal comprehension. Maybe a mannerism of the host, such as sucking on their hair, or liking the color blue, is still apparent. But not much beyond that. -These creatures have minor powers associated with their fields of influence.
-These creatures are NOT AT THEIR FULL STRENGTH. A youth deity is a deity with no followers, no beleivers, no influx of any human regard to return them to their full glory and power. Just as lack of followers or cult is what made them forgotten and killed them, it is what keeps them from becoming great and powerful again.
-Certifications include powers to avoid excessive God-modding.
Requirements:
Quote:
morph to youth
about 10 pages...(after page 1)aka:
normal=60-75 solo, 60-75 joint
I like writing with others=20-30 solo, 90-100 joint
I like my own writing=90-100 solo, 20-30 joint joint

User Image

RP-ONLY FINAL STAGE
Deity
The final and rarest stage of the Edelsteine.
-It is not a necessary stage of development, however if acheived the deity is at full strength. They can influence the world in major way. Their powers are at FULL STRENGTH. (please not this doesn't give any player the right to kill another player's character without consent.)
Requirements:
Quote:
youth to Deity
about 20 pages...aka(after page 1):
normal=140-150 solo, 140-150 joint
I like writing with others=95-100 solo, 185-200 joint
I like my own writing=185-200 solo, 95-100 joint
Deity candidates must have gathered 40 followers or more to their banner via the plushie system. For every extra 2 plushies over 40, 1 point of either joint or solo post can be gained. There is a limit to 30 points (+60 plushies) to be gained in this manner.
Candidates must have at least three commissions from outside artists. These can be informal, from a friend, sketchs or pictures.
Candidates must have created at least 5 works in glory of their edel. These many be pictoral, prose, poetry, or the like.

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

The Gods:

Gianfar ~ Knowledge:
Byrne ~ Rebirth:
Eamnonn ~ Hunt:
Beryl ~ Wind:
Melanctha ~ Shadow:

Morpheus ~ Dream: I think Sh'khin and I finally agree on something. ******** b*****d. If I had a sworn enemy, it'd be this guy. I HATE HIM. LOATHE HIM. DESPISE HIM. I don't think I'd miss him if he vanished from the Pantheon!

Kaelin ~ Water:

Revei ~ Dream: Revei was a friendly face in the dark place that is the Edelsteine shop. He was one of the first gods I met besides Nergal, and he gave me a lot of good information. I like him thus far. I do not delve much into my own dreams, for they are full of suffering. Perhaps one day, this dream-weaver can tell me more about my dreams.

Illumin ~ Light:
Khiviance ~ Love:
Lisana ~ Laughter:
Evande ~ Mountain:
Echo ~ Music:

Panacea ~ Medicine: I have only heard you exist, and though we are opposites, I would like to meet you.

Tillion ~ Lunar:

Kishara ~ Gaia: The goddess seems so sad...It's really horrible to see such a woman depressed like that. But when everything is dying around her, I suppose I can understand. She's supposed to be the goddess of life, yet she cannot stop the destruction around her. She seems strong, but weak at the same time. Protector of life. Ha! I'm sure she'll hate me once Iris is no longer around...

Calico ~ Insanity:

Nergal ~ Underworld: This guy is a real b*****d--well, mostly because he helped get this stone stuck into me. You might say I was a little bitter. Hey, at least he helped me when I was a huge mess on the couch at Aislin's shop. Aaah, hello my compatriot. Thank you for your help. She would have been difficult to convince.

Gelezis ~ Magnetism: I'm a bit sad that Sean is becoming the god of Magentism...We could have had so much fun together...I suppose we can do the best we can until the very end. I have not yet met Gelezis, but Sean seems nice enough, and he is a good distraction for Iris.

Desiderio ~ Love: I like Rio. He's quite polite and kind. He made me feel better about life and cheered me up considerably. He made me feel...loved. AND, he was good in bed. What can I say? wink This guy! I'm just not sure about him. I'm glad he's made Iris feel comfortable, but he gives me the creeps. Perhaps it's because I dread falling in love...

Halhigil ~ Assassination: His host seems pleasant enough...

Tera Ilana ~ Archery:
Caolan ~ Suffocation:
Melanthos ~ War:
Itztlac ~ Night:
Karaskis ~ Fire:
Gadriel ~ Deception:
Endiovar ~ Silence:

Lucidique ~ Suffering: I can't wait to see you reborn my darling...

Tien ~ Trickery: Pleasant to speak to, and sprightly. She's comforting.

Jahara ~ Poison: My counterpart in destruction. Welcome back to the world. I will enjoy seeing you rise to your former power.

Phaedra ~ Greed: Ah, another sister! You have returned in full glory, as I have expected! I feel a strange bond with you, and you seem to treat me with less wrath, for which I thank you.

Chari ~ Charity:
Cosine ~ Numbers:
Arctang ~ Numbers:
Neva ~ Winter:

Dagny ~ Science: Ah, you are so feisty! Analytical, beautiful and teasing. Perhaps we will have to work with one another again in the future... You made an excellent lab partner.

Ankou ~ Spirit Guide:
Tista ~ Chance:

Eid ~ Oath: Your host is strong and amazing Oath. I wish he would have become a Dragon, but it seems you had other plans for him.

Umbra ~ Shadow:
Tajnevaki ~ Mystery:
Jenga ~ Play:

Glaucon ~ Judgement: Your host tested me, and I believe he passed judgement... But who am I to say what is right or wrong? We all act as we do out of our nature.

Glyph ~ Forest: Your host -- a quiet servant of Greed? This shall be interesting...Phaedra will not approve of this.

Bazyli ~ Famine: Another! Brother of the Seven, welcome back.

Lacrymosa ~ Grief:
Sotiris ~ Guardian:
Akakios ~ Lament:

Una ~ River: I never imagined myself becoming a father, but visits with you have made me think otherwise. I hope you visit often little one.

Nixie ~ Rain:
Adra ~ Forge:
Alecto ~ Anger:

The Dragon Kings:

Shenlei Zhen ~ Shen Lung, Shogun of Storms:
Xuan Yi ~ Qian Lung, Shadowshield of the Empress:
Kawagiri ~ Ti Lung, Lifewater of Worlds:
Li Shing ~ Chien Tang, Blood Shogun of the Twin Crown:

Zhijian ~ Ying Long, Fangbridle to the Crown: Seppa, Zhijian's host, is very kind. She is a pard, and very beautiful as well. She convinced me to move on with my life, and to accept my fate. She has pushed me to appreciate the time I do have left. I appreciate her wisdom. Sadly, you do not seem to like me, though I have utmost respect for you. I do appreciate your care of our Lord though. You do an excellent job of protecting Him.

Xia Lu Ling ~ Yu Five Claws, The Emblem Pillar:
Tian Yue ~ Tien Lung, Starscale Consort and Worldshield:
Zhang Li ~ Mang, Mediator of Crowns:
Jin Huang ~ Futslung, the Golden King:

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

User Image
All gods need an incense burner...Even the creepy ones!

User Image
The gift of a mirror, to admire myself.

User ImageUser Image
You never know when these may come in handy...

User Image
An urn...for souls. I wonder if Nergal had something to do with this one...
As of 6/01/08, the urn has been given to a shopkeeper in the town West of the Pantheon. It was used to lure Eddard toward the gem of Yu Five Claws, but Sh'khin failed his mission.

User Image
Eirnae Slytherin-Natenhar
On Valentine's Day morning, there's something different about the room in which you rested. At first it's difficult to determine just what this difference is ... and then you see it.

A small black ... heart? It seems to suck in the light that's around it, sending out tiny tendrils of shadow that hover about it as if a form of protection. To touch this heart is to feel a chill upon your skin, one that seeps into you and lingers while your body tries to adjust.

It's obvious who sent this "gift", as there is a small black card next to it. The silver inked script upon it reads:

The Card
May this serve as a reminder that love can flourish anywhere, even in the darkest of places.

Weaver of Shadows

Why thank you, sister dear.

User Image

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

User Image
These are the doors to Sh'khin's apartments at the pantheon. They are patina bronze and quite majestic, considering.

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

User Image
Aeneas is Sh'khin's first loyal follower. Though she acts more like an animal, she still has quite a bit of respect for the god. Since moving into Sh'khin's apartments, she has taken on the role of cook and servant, preparing meals and keeping the apartment tidy. She was not previously in the God's service.

User ImageUser Image
**click for large image
Arov (left) appeared on Sh'khin's doorstep in the Pantheon one day, accompanied by her twin sister, Yersinia (right; with Pestis). The pair serve as messengers and information-gatherers for the God, and they seem to be his most trusted advisors at this point. Aeneas proved to be less effective as an errand-runner than Sh'khin would have liked, and these two have taken her place. They are quite forward sexually, and have no problem using their looks to get what they want. They seem to think alike, but Arov seems to be more intelligent than her sister. They tend to finish each other's sentences.

User Image
Filo has not yet been introduced to Sh'khin's story.

User Image
Fester is Sh'khin's Errais, a planeswalking steed who allows him to cross dimensions.

User Image

User Image

User Image
Hmmm...What could this be?

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Iris, the Host
User Image User Image User Image

Sh'khin - Morph
User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Quests:
FAILED crying
Quest : Emblem Pillar of the Twin Crown

It's been more then a year since Edana Myrddin received the dragon pendant of Yu Five Claws, emblem of the Twin Crown. She accepted the jewel, but there wasn't will in her, life in her or collected in the jewel. The dragon was not reborn, Destruction eliminated the host and sought out more of the fragments of Yu's soul to forge a better, more complete jewel.

requirements:
-at least 2 posts on your own searching for a new host IC
-OOC find someone who wants to own the Dragon King Yu Five Claws that intends to play
-at least 4 posts introducing their host and Sh'khin testing their worthiness to bear one of the Kings. Ultimately, the jewel itself responds to them.
-one post - bring the new host back to stand before destruction

The jewel is free, so the prospective player need not pay anything

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

A pestilence is a term nowadays used for any virulent and highly infectious disease that can cause an epidemic or even a pandemic. The word can also be used about parasites causing large scale sickness and death, such as Guinea worm.

Originally the word referred to the disease plague, which is called pestis in Latin.

The 14th-century English poet Geoffrey Chaucer spoke of "pestilence" in "The Pardoner's Tale", referring to the Black Death:

Ther cam a privee theef men clepeth Deeth,
That in this contree al the peple sleeth,
And with his spere he smoot his herte atwo,
And wente his wey withouten wordes mo.
He hath a thousand slayn this pestilence.

Pestilence is also one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, along with War, Famine, and Death.

"Pestilence", a song by The Faceless
A flourishing plague comsumes the masses
Emaciated figures dying in the streets
Boils and sores devour their flesh
Vital organs turn to sludge
This inescapable fate captures humanity
With everyhour more victims fall
Mass hysteria becomes the protocol
Civilization turns to savavgery
With no hope for a cure in sight
Science becomes futile the the chaos
Disease their ridden humans play out their final
Days as ravenous animals
A bastardized version of man which cannot be reversed
Limbs and appendages rot and fall off
Leaving hideous cratures in tormented hell
Suffering life forms await death in the misery of defeat
Mass fraves filled with diseased bodies
Spreading sickness posthumoulsy

Info:

Other gods of plague~
Apollo: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/a/apollo.html
Jarri: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/j/jarri.html
Mikal: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/m/mikal.html
Reshef (demon of plague): http://www.pantheon.org/articles/r/reshef2.html
Ekibiogami: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/e/ekibiogami.html
Kukuth (plague demonnesses): http://www.pantheon.org/articles/k/kukuth.html
Resef: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/r/resef.html
Gozu-Tenno: http://www.pantheon.org/articles/g/gozu-tenno.html

Plagues of Egypt (Biblical): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt
The Black Death: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death
Pandemics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic

The Demon in the Freezer, Richard Preston, p. 66

Poxviruses keep herds and swarms of living things in check, preventing them from growing too large and overwhelming their habitats. Viruses are an essential part of nature. If all viruses on the planet were to disappear, a global catastrophe would ensue, and the natural ecosystems of the earth would collapse in a spectacular crash under burgeoning populations of insects. Viruses are nature's crowd control, and a poxvirus can thin a crowd in a hurry.

Commission information

Here's my OC.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/eliza_bethean/Edelsteine/Shkhinmorph.jpg
And a larger close-up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/eliza_bethean/Edelsteine/Shkhin_SizMail.jpg

~Details~
Yes, It is a boy...but he's in transition. He's the God of Plague, and he was reborn in the body of a girl. So, he's not exactly a girl, and not exactly a boy either, gender-wise. But he'll definitely be all man once he changes again.

• His eyes should be violet, and the whites should be bloodshot.
• Skin should be green, and have 'rotting' patches. He's Plague, so yeah...gross n' nasty.
• Lips are grey/silver in color
• Hair is black with green streaks spread throughout.
• There is a small silver stud nose ring in his left nostril
• Also, he does have feet, despite what the first image looks like. You can draw wispy things like the image around his feet if you want though.
• His wings look like locust wings. They are very fragile, and do not allow him to fly.

I would prefer an evil, angry or plotting look on his face if you could. biggrin

~Clothing~
Yes, he does wear clothes. XP

But first, he wraps his chest with Ace bandages like these:
http://faodistributor.firstaidexchange.com/images/products/M-697.gif
in an attempt to make his chest flatter...You could make them a cream color, which would go nicely with the rest of his clothes. They could also be made out of torn strips of fabric, which would be nice as well, considering the rest of his look

http://www.rawganique.com/Images/Mens/rg747-060212-2024-2.jpg
^I really like those pants. They're cool. Also, the jacket he's wearing is really awesome too. You could use that over the chest bindings, and that'd be great. I think he'd wear clothes in black, green and brown, perhaps gray.

As for shoes, perhaps brown leather sandals or barefoot.

User Image

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image

Edelsteine concept and art (c) Ivynian
Sh'khin and Iris' concept (c) Sizzla

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items