Welcome to Gaia! ::

That was very nice, yes! She hadn't had much in the way of scritchings since her human had died, and she'd missed it. She still missed Anna, too. But that was a long time ago, or at least it felt that way. She wasn't quite as sad anymore. "They don't remember? That's too bad."

Because Anna had been good, so she'd definitely be reborn, Enekpe determined.

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It's probably better that way." Kios sounded rather certain of this, as he mused out loud. "It wouldn't be a new life if they remembered everything, wouldn't it ?"

And well... there were things that perhaps were better if not remembered.
"You think so?" Enekpe thought this over for a moment, trying to puzzle out why it would be better not to remember and not really grasping it. "But what about the people who miss them?"

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."They arn't the same people at all. I think. They wouldn't recognize them." Kios did not seem to mind her differing opinion. "Wouldn't it be painful, to have the people you love not recognize you at all ?"

That was an interesting concept. Well, he did find some inspiration after all !
"Well, that's easy," Enekpe decided after a moment of thought. "All they'd have to do is tell them! You know, remind them." She'd be overjoyed to see Anna again, whether she was the same or not.

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I don't think it works as easily at that." Lament said softly, moving to scratch at her chin. She seemed a little... naive, really. Always the best case scenario. "Some people might not believe them. After all, they died."

...Really, he would need to ask Nergal how that reallty worked. He was more than curious now. "I know ghosts scare more people, and they're still the same person. In the mind of someone alive, someone dead is gone."

"The ghosts do long for their living relative, or their friends. Many told me that, but I didn't know how to find them." He sighed. "You might be right, but this is still how things are." Nothing seemed wrong in that idea to him at all, but he didn't want to discredit the pooka's opinion either.
"I'd believe them," Enekpe declared, stretching her neck and closing her eyes. Mm, that was nice! "Now that I know it happens."

"So how long does it take? For your uncle to find them and them to get reborn and everything?"

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ah, just like a cat ! Kios looked pleased when she stretched out, but still did not quite smile. Even then, he still found himself thinking about her more like a person than an animal. The fact that she spoke certainly helped.

"I don't know." He admited with a pout. "I've never seen it for myself." Oh, he wanted to. He really wanted to know, if only to sate his own curiosity, That fact that it was his father's work, so to speak, only made him want to discovers all the secrets of the process all the more.
"Hmm," she mused, poofy tail waving slightly. "Well, that's alright. There's lots of stuff I don't know how it works. I was too little for anyone to think to explain stuff to, and now that I'm not little there's no one to explain."

...'not little' being relative, of course.

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Ill let you know when I figure it out." He promised. Not if. When.

But for now there was no rush howsoever. There were more pressing matters to deal with. Like the pooka in his lap. Some gods might have been upset by being used as a laying spot by a mortal, but Kios certainly did not seem to care much. He continued scratching, his previous reasons forb heading out forgotten. Or, at least, delayed.
"I'd appreciate it," Enekpe said, grateful, and rolled over in hopes of a belly scratch. Some sentient creatures might be too dignified to act like a pet, but...well, she sort of was one. Highly intelligent, perhaps, but in many ways a housepet.

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The little pooka flopped over on her back and, from living around many felines for most of his young like, Lament knew exactly what this meant, and seemed more than willing to oblige. He would not have done so otherwise, but hey, she had been the one to place herself like that, so this was probably what she wanted.

He could see her jewel better from this angle, too. "It's really pretty..."
Ahhhhh! Enekpe sighed happily, letting her eyes slide closed. "Isn't it? I think it looks kind of like an eye. I wonder if that means her eyes are blue? Or were, I guess."

Beloved Stargazer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It does look like an eye." There was probably a reason for that, for the jewels looking like they do. His mother's was blue and her hair and eyes were blue, after all. But then, his father's was this kind of pretty gray-blue color and nothing of him was gray-blue. Hm.

But Crys had skin almost like that. That was worth thinking about. Had there been any photographic records of his parents before they had became wholly themselves, Lament might have likely not even recognized them. But then, thinking of his parents being anything other than... themselves was a little akward. He had never known anything else in his family, only known them being as they were. His father had gotten all bigger, of course, but that wasn't so different.

"Maybe my jewel would have been purple, if I had one ?" That was also a little awkward to think about.
"Maybe," Enekpe agreed, opening her eyes too peer up at Akakios from her...rather strange current angle. "Or maybe the color of your eyes? They're really pretty. I've never seen anyone with eyes like yours before."

Usually people had white around their eyes, so it was a little odd when they didn't. Cool, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff