Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alice wasn't about to mock anyone for believing in a god or gods, for having faith. While not...actively religious herself, she was quite open to such things, but was happy to settle with something being out there and leave it at that. She didn't concern herself with the what or the who or the why: whatever was just was, and that was fine.

...but the idea of gods, who people generally thought of as being 'above' somewhere, or maybe 'in' things or everywhere at once, just hanging around on earth with everyone else was definitely a new one - to her, anyway. Coming down to visit or whatever was one thing, but this sounded like something more than that.

"It's not crazy," she said after a puzzled few moments, "Just..." The guard gave it up there, unable to find the word she wanted.

"I mean, how do you know? If you were skeptical before, what changed your mind?"

Beloved Stargazer

"I've met one. Well, I've met many." The night elf was perfectly serious. "They... feel different, than every one else. In a way I've never ever felt before." She didn't know if Alice would even be able to feel it in the way that she was describing it. "They feel... larger than life. Like the force of the universe still around them, awaiting order from their master." She remembered how it had been like when she had first seen Harmodius. There had been no way he could have been anything but a god.

"They're just..." It was her turn to be at loss with words. "It's a little hard to explain, im sorry. They just don't feel like other people do, I guess ? Like the energy is different."
She wanted to give Illisia the benefit of the doubt - really, she did! The night elf was kind, friendly, and clearly not lying (something Alice was quite good at determining), but that didn't mean she wasn't being misled. Not that she meant to imply that Illisia was gullible, but...well, people fell for cults and things all the time. And not that it might not all be true, but reason dictated that the chances of that were very, very slim.

In the meantime, she'd do her best to withold judgement. If it did turn out to be some kind of cult...well, she'd just move on that much more quickly. Although that would be irresponsible, so...

Alright, she'd just think about it when she needed to think about it. It was less of a headache that way.

For now, she asked, "So there are a lot of them?"

Alice didn't want to go totally quiet and have Illisia think her rude, so more questions it was.

Beloved Stargazer

Illisia had noticed the sudden silence of her companion, but she said nothing about it. She wouldn't force her to simply believe her words - she'd see for herself, and be able to judge accordingly.

"I think..." She went silent, with the look of someone who was mentally counting. There were the other dragons, Harmodius, Glyph, Rio... "Ten or so, maybe ? It's a little hard to keep track. There's more of then around that I've seen, but not quite talked to."

((I think we could time-skip to the pantheon soonish ? :> ))
"Ten?" Alice considered this, trying to decide if that seemed a reasonable - hah, really? - number. When cultures had multiple gods, they were usually gods of things, so...what was a lot and what was a little? More importantly, why was she bothering to think about it?

But conversation was conversation, so she might as well keep on. "Are they, like, gods of things or something? Like, umm...the sun?"

You know, like Apollo or Ra. Or something.

((Yarr, certainly~))

Beloved Stargazer

"Most of them are, yes." Illisia was quite certain that Alice held some skepticism - it was a little easy to see, and really, it was most likely how she'd managed to be able to survive on her own for so long, so she could not blame her.

After all... She'd done much the same thing at the beginning.

Illisia kept on answering Alice's questions as they walked along for a few hours, and asked her own questions - nothing too prying, just conversation until they finally ended up at the pantheon. It was much more different than even the forest they came up from, more... alive, somehow.

"We're here." The elven woman finally said, walking over to sit onto a rock to rest her bare feet. "There shouldn't be too many problems for you to find somewhere safe now. There are a few settlements close by."
As they came upon the Pantheon, Alice stopped in her tracks and stared. What else could she do? It was beautiful, alive, unlike anything she'd seen - not just since everything had gone crazy, but ever. Something about it was undeniably different.

"...oh." Her hidden eyes were wide. "This is amazing."

Beloved Stargazer

"Isn't it ?" Illisia smiled, turning back to look at Alice. It did remain just as beautiful after she had spent so long living in this place, going through these fantastic gardens every day.

"I am sure you'll be able to find somewhere comfortable until you can find a way to get home, at least ?" The elven woman continued. "You might want to ask around, too... Maybe some sort of mage can help you ? I wish I could do more, but.." It was simply not in her power.
Despite her tired feet, and even her suspicions, Alice found herself wanting to explore this strange new place. Still, as it usually did, her common sense overruled her curiosity. She needed to rest, and then she'd have a look around. Carefully.

"You think so?" It had never really occurred to her that someone might be able to get her back to the Castle; she had, after all, spent most of her time trying to avoid people in recent memory. "I'll...have to look into that."

If she did get back, what would it even be like? Was anything - or anyone - left? It was difficult to think about, and she pushed the thoughts away.

Beloved Stargazer

"I can't promise anything on that." Illisia admitted.

Lord Harmodius would certainly know. The dragon interjected, his voice soft yet excited. Any reason to see his Lord was a good one, after all.

Probably, but... Alice had been rather skeptical - was it a good idea ? But then, what else could truly prove how things were ?

Still, the black-haired woman seemed tired - better not to start another debate and allow her to get some rest.

"If you need anything else." Illisia offered, pointing at the larger building in the distance. "I live in here, though I tend to wander the garden and the nearby forests most of the time." She would have offered to house her, as well, but there was still Laurence to think about, even if he didn't drop by all that often.
Alice nodded her understanding. It seemed impolite, on some level, to go wandering away now, but...every meeting came to its end eventually, and this seemed to be it. They'd been through quite a few topics of conversation on the way here, and she knew all she felt she needed to - or at least, that the night elf could tell her. There was quite a difference.

But, for now, it was time she took her leave and left her new acquaintance in peace. "Thank you, Illisia."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff