Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Bunny

3,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Dressed Up 200
um i liked reading sence i was little then 4 or 5th grade i read the book bridge of tarabitha

Irregular Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Marathon 300
I started pretty damn young, before I went to kindergarden...never went to preschool I learned to read at home, my first book was Cliford the big red dog, I read along while listening to a tape but I think the time I really got into reading was back in first grade when my teachers gave me candy everytime I read lol but afterwards I stopped reading for candy and reading books were really just about the only thing I would do almost everday but then in middle school I just stopped reading just because peoples kept on saying I have a face of a reader...I don't even know what a face of a reader even looks like haha...so I haven't been reading everyday like I used to but then I realize how important it is to read books everyday so I'm trying to read everyday now, I even read textbooks lol
this is a secret but I stole books from the library at school and even kept some textbooks sweatdrop
this may be off topic but I have no one else to share this story with but back in sixth grade my teacher had a book shelf in the class room and I just went looking around and saw this Mothers Nature book wondering why my teacher has this so I took it home with me out of curiousity and so I was flipping through the pages and saw a naked pregnant women and started guessing why he had it in the book shelfs haha and I still have it, it's actually a really sweet and relaxing book to read

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
I can't remember exactly when, all I know is apparently I was getting in trouble in elementary...for reading too much XD
Since I was like five years old.

My mom reads a lot, too, so when I was born, she started buying children's books and collections, classics for children, encyclopedias for children, etc. Then I started school and when it was time to learn how to read, I already had lots and lots of books at home. Eventually I finished those and started asking for more and then I finished the new ones and asked for more... and so on and so on.

Now I buy whatever seems interesting and keep adding to my own, ever-increasing collection 3nodding
My mom pushed my brother and I to read from a young age. We also didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up, so once a week we would go to the library to rent movies and books. I found out that books were a wonderful place to escape to when times got rough. I've been reading ever since.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
When I was really little my mom read to me all the time. I was reading and writing pre-kindergarten and by 8 years old I was confident enough to pick up Stephen King novels. So, basically ever since I could read on my own.
Got really into books around 7th and 8th grade. I think Harry Potter had a lot of help with it. I got sucked into the series and found it hard to put the books down. Ever since I've been a avid reader. I tend to lean a lot towards Sci-Fi/War/Military books. I do still read the occasional Horror, Teen, and even Romance. Hehehe

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
Learned how to read when I was about three and never stopped. lol My mom claims that I got frustrated with her inability to read to me and taught myself, whether that's true or not, dunno. Books became my friend and my escape from the constant bullying at school and the endless screaming matches between my parents. My mom would often punish me by taking away my books, since I was quite happy to be sent to my room where all my books were. lol

Hilarious Wrangler

I've always enjoyed books since I could remember, I never got a long with anyone and was a bit of a shut in when I was younger. I became a bookworm when the Harry Potter series first came out in the 90's I started reading books like it was water.

Mewrie's Significant Otter

Festive Raccoon

I started reading when I was a kid, probably around 1st or 2nd grade. I remember my grandma giving me her old books she had in school so I could practice. I remember having a 'little beaver' book in English and it pissed me off not being able to read it. (My first language is french, so I didn't start learning English until the 6th grade.) I had lost that book by then, unfortunately.

One book that really got me into reading was an abridged version of Les Misérables, when I was around 7 or 8.
I remember reading a lot of goosebumps books when I was around 11 or 12...

Then someone bought me the first Harry Potter book, and I fell in love with it. And then I got into fantasy, with the Sword of Truth series & The Wheel of Time when I was a teenager.

Oh, and...
Kids today will never know the struggle of trying to read at night without your mom knowing using this (The eyes are two small, red lights. No good for reading, trust me. emo ):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

I started reading chapter books in first grade. lol
Just the basic stuff, Charlotte's Web and then sometime later, as I grew older, I found Goosebumps and little elementary grade horror /scary novels and Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and Goosebumps really kicked me off, though.
I've always liked reading but I didn't become a worm until 4th grade. My teacher decided to do a book study on Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (I KNOW) since the first movie was about to come out. She turned the whole room and into Hogwarts, sorted us into houses, made every subject a way to earn house points, ect... At the end she explained that there were more books. So naturally I got the next one and now I myself am a teacher and and spend all my money on books crying

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
I think I've always been a major bookworm. I finished reading my first encyclopaedia when I was 6. I think it was because we didn't have a TV at home until I was about 7 or 8. My mom also forbade me from using a computer or TV or any technology until I was well into second grade. Sometimes, people wonder if I've grown up under a rock because I have no idea what the 'aussie' shows everyone watched were nor do I understand the 'all things 90's kids understand etc.' kind of articles.
I didn't pay much attention in school (it was dead boring and easy anyways) because I was reading all the time. I used to get into trouble a lot for not listening though haha.
I got into Sherlock Holmes after my mom introduced to it. We both really love Sherlock and we often compare head-canons. She's also seriously offended by the premise of Elementary but excited by the new Sherlock movies/episodes coming out.
I don't remember a time where I wasn't reading, if that's any indication.

Phantom

13,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bookworm 100
1998, with the first Harry Potter book smile I taught myself the alphabet and started reading picture books but when the first book in the Harry Potter series came out, I begged mom to buy it smile I still have it on my shelf. The cover has disappeared and the pages are very worn but that was the start of my bookworm life smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff