My favorite books are:

Enola Holmes
Harry Potter

Conservative Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Title: Wild at Heart
Author: John Eldredge
ISBN: 0-7852-6694-1
Pub: Thomas Nelson

Notes: This is a powerful book. It has the potential to change, uplift and nurture a mans heart and soul. John Eldredge has delved into an area that for far too long has been suppressed. That being the need for Boys to be Boys and Men to be Men.

Over the last forty years we have been forced to believe that Masculinity is not a good thing. That for men to be good and acceptable they must somehow crush and suppress their inner nature. John Eldredge explores these myths and explains why there are such differences between Boys and Girls. Between Men and Women. And why we need them.

M J Flack

Blessed Architect

7,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Brandisher 100
That depends on what kinds of books we can agree are good? Nonfiction or fiction? Genre? Type? That’s a pretty loaded question. biggrin
Antigoddess
Salem's Lot
The Amityville Horror
The one book which I read 2 or so times in junior high/high school...

Touching Spirit Bear

I really dunno why, but the book was enjoyable. I also got the sequel to read too which is Ghost of Spirit Bear.

Romantic Krampus

12,325 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
My favourite book of 2021 is Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
Gone with the wind
A zombie's diary

gigarath24's Spouse

Quotable Genius

10,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig is a recent book I read and it was a wonderful and moving read.

Professional Friend

1,200 Points
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Okay so I have a fair amount of faves but I think I'll go for the consistent ones throughout my life. That would be Pride and Prejudice, Les Mis, the Poldark Series and Tolkien's works (LotR, the Hobbit, Silmarillion, etc) They all expanded my love for reading and writing and it was always such a joy to experience the stories and see how the characters undergo so much changes throughout the different books. Another book I'm fond of is the Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, I love fantasy and fairytales and she captured the fantastical part of fairytales without any explanation and hardcore worldbuilding. It brings me back to reading bedtime stories as a kid but with longer chapters and political intrigue plus a story of a girl finding herself and her voice. Recently, I've also gotten into reading more books, some new, some old and one of the current reads I'm doing is shaping up to be another potential favourite.
I like Warriors (Esp the first four cat_smile heart )
My favorite book has to be Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo, but any grishaverse book is great in my opinion. There's also the Lunar Chronicles, and my favorite has to be Winter.

Supermodel

song of achilles, when breath becomes air, alone with you in the ether and open water

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff