Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

I really enjoyed A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, and The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex, both books are being made into films, however Smekday's title has been changed to Home and is animated by DreamWorks.

I have a few other books that are being made into movies that I haven't read yet, like The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I think Everlost by Neal Shusterman is also being made into a movie, I need to reread it.

Aged Noob

Forgot to add Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy, which is also going to be made into a film. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster was made into a movie in the '70's and is being remade into a new movie sometime in the [near] future.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
LumiNuisance
I really enjoyed A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, and The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex, both books are being made into films, however Smekday's title has been changed to Home and is animated by DreamWorks.

I have a few other books that are being made into movies that I haven't read yet, like The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I think Everlost by Neal Shusterman is also being made into a movie, I need to reread it.

Thanks for the suggestions. Haven't read Miss Peregrine's but I keep hearing amazing things...

Eternal Shade

11,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I love it when books are turned into movies! I get to gush over them with friends and family who don't care for reading or don't have the time for it once it comes out as long as they are done right.

I understand that most books are too long to be made into a thoroughly accurate two hour film, especially Eragon christ that movie should have never happened, but as long as gets most things right like say Harry Potter or something I think it's a fairly good adaptation.

Honestly longer books should be made into either a miniseries or a full on tv series that would have every opportunity to get everything that's capable to be done put in it. I've heard that Game of Thrones is pretty faithful to the novels and I hope so because I've been planning on reading them along with finishing the series.

Two Book-to-Movie adaptations I can't wait for are Unwind by Neal Shusterman and Escape From Furnace: Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith. Both books were chilling for me I there are several scenes that I just can't wait to see on the silver screen.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
whimsicalApothecary
I love it when books are turned into movies! I get to gush over them with friends and family who don't care for reading or don't have the time for it once it comes out as long as they are done right.

I understand that most books are too long to be made into a thoroughly accurate two hour film, especially Eragon christ that movie should have never happened, but as long as gets most things right like say Harry Potter or something I think it's a fairly good adaptation.

Honestly longer books should be made into either a miniseries or a full on tv series that would have every opportunity to get everything that's capable to be done put in it. I've heard that Game of Thrones is pretty faithful to the novels and I hope so because I've been planning on reading them along with finishing the series.

Two Book-to-Movie adaptations I can't wait for are Unwind by Neal Shusterman and Escape From Furnace: Lockdown by Alexander Gordon Smith. Both books were chilling for me I there are several scenes that I just can't wait to see on the silver screen.

Haven't heard of Unwind or Escape From Furance: Lockdown.. they sound like they could be good though!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff