I'll wait for it to come out on DVD or something 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Finished The Death Cure yesterday.

I liked the books. Kinda felt like Hunger Games with the genders switched, didn't it?
Thomas, Teresa and Brenda instead of Katniss, Peeta and Gale. xd

I read all three books in less than a week but it was a stressful read. The fact that you never knew who to trust was making it hard. Haha.

I loved Newt and I KNEW he was going to die. But the way he died was just mean. Depending how much I like the actor, I will probably cry in the movie when that happens. Nooooo

There were too many plot holes or irrational reactions to make it a perfect story, though.
The ending especially felt super rushed and I feel like there should have been another two or three chapters at least?

Heart Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ven Loki Loraine

I liked the books. Kinda felt like Hunger Games with the genders switched, didn't it?

I read all three books in less than a week but it was a stressful read. The fact that you never knew who to trust was making it hard. Haha.

I loved Newt and I KNEW he was going to die. But the way he died was just mean. Depending how much I like the actor, I will probably cry in the movie when that happens. Nooooo

There were too many plot holes or irrational reactions to make it a perfect story, though.
The ending especially felt super rushed and I feel like there should have been another two or three chapters at least?

Just finished The Death Cure and I totally agree with everything you've said. The book itself was fine, but the ending was a little bit of a letdown for me. Other than that I enjoyed the books.

Newt was my absolute favorite character followed by Minho and it is just so unfair how it happened with him. I kept hoping throughout the book that a cure would be developed, even if not in time to save him, but I mean seriously. It feels like they went through all that stuff for nothing if a cure didn't even happen. I mean 200 people left while the rest of the world went extinct? Come on... But yeah I fell in love with the actor for Newt, so it's going to be a heart breaking moment for me crying

Shirtless Guest

12,250 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hellraiser 500
I am not currently reading it because well...I haven't found it on any library yet -_- but the movie! OMG THE MOVIE was so good *0*

Heart Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
chochi14
I am not currently reading it because well...I haven't found it on any library yet -_- but the movie! OMG THE MOVIE was so good *0*

I agree, the movie was great! I'm sure you'll definitely enjoy the book if you liked the movie. I can't believe they don't have it at the library though eek

Eloquent Streaker

The movie was ******** terrible, the plot was boring and nonsensical, and the characters were idiotic. If the books are anything like the movie, I'll pass.

Heart Dabbler

4,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Well, to each his own.

Currently on The Kill Order, I must say it is incredibly slow getting into, but I enjoyed the other three (well mainly the first two).

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Chaotic Espurr
Ven Loki Loraine

Just finished The Death Cure and I totally agree with everything you've said. The book itself was fine, but the ending was a little bit of a letdown for me. Other than that I enjoyed the books.

Newt was my absolute favorite character followed by Minho and it is just so unfair how it happened with him. I kept hoping throughout the book that a cure would be developed, even if not in time to save him, but I mean seriously. It feels like they went through all that stuff for nothing if a cure didn't even happen. I mean 200 people left while the rest of the world went extinct? Come on... But yeah I fell in love with the actor for Newt, so it's going to be a heart breaking moment for me crying

Yeah, the ending seemed nonsensical? "Oh hey, humanity is going extinct and our planet is mostly uninhabitable but hey, here you go to a random place in the middle of nowehere with 200 people, have fun!"
There really should have been a few chapters more explaining the end...

I saw some movie pictures and the actor seems to be a little cutie. I really liked the friendship between Thomas and Newt a lot (mostly because I loathed Teresa), so I hope it works out well in the movie. (It's not out until next week)
Read the series and watched the movie. Loved the movie even with the changes though some of the changes kind of urked me. Minho is still my fav character heart

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Requiem ex Inferni
The movie was ******** terrible, the plot was boring and nonsensical, and the characters were idiotic. If the books are anything like the movie, I'll pass.
I haven't seen the whole movie yet (it's not in the local cinemas in English so I have to wait for the bluray release) but I watched the first half an hour online... and the movie changed a LOT of things from the books as well as made it a lot more kid-friendly, it seems.

I will have to keep my judgement until the day I actually watch the whole movie, but so far it seems the books are better.

Generous Capitalist

8,265 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Two words and two words only. Dylan. O'Brien.

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
Chaotic Espurr

I am sadly still on the first book...
Im at the part where Thomas is in the map room with Minho for the first time.
i love it! im reading it for battle of the books!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff