Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Prophet

11,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Person of Interest 200
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <3 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld......hmm...hell, they should try to do the whole series ; A;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <3 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner would make a pretty fantastic movie, especially since roadtrip-style period fantasies are kinda in. Plus it has those crazy twists that Hollywood loves.

I don't know about the rest of the series since (spoilers for the rest of the series)
Gen having his hand cut off alone is so ******** up I'm having a hard time believing book 1 and 2 onwards are even related
but I think the subtle world-building, especially character accents, social classes, and the myths told instory, would translate well to film. Not to mention the Aracthus maze would make an incredible set piece.

I'd also be thrilled to see a Discworld standalone book like Monstrous Regiment or The Truth be adapted.

Also any DWJ novel ever, although special wishes go to Charmed Life, Conrad's Fate, Archer's Goon, House of Many Ways, Dogsbody, and Power of Three. (How could I pick just one!)
The book "The Theif of Always" Oh.... That is one of my favlrite books.

Frozen Bilge rat

13,725 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
When Game of Thrones fizzles out in 10 years...they could make a miniseries of Red Moon, Black Mountain by Joy Chant. That was a modern kids go to Dark Ages type fantasy land, IIRC, but it was really well done. A good classic YA fantasy.

Frozen Bilge rat

13,725 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
reokoe

Well they're already working on a movie for Ms. Perigrine's home for Peculiar Children, which I am excited about, but I'd REALLY love to see a movie for The Rook by Daniel O'Malley.

It's one of my favorites. emotion_kirakira

I started reading both books per your mention. The first one was an amazing way to come up with a story --- that author apparently constructed it around a bunch of actual old photos! Also, I started reading The Rook today, very good fun read so far. The author looks to be under 30. Jealous!

EDIT: Finished it. The author's finished his first draft of the sequel. biggrin
It had its pros and cons, but overall I'd be the first to request this book from the library when it becomes available.

Invisible Citizen

6,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
The Stormlight Chronicles: The Way of Kings. That's just the first book, the author, Brandon Sanderson plans on writing up 11 more books for the series.

While I doubt it would become a movie, I would like to see what Hollywood would try to cram into an hour and a half to two hours.
God of war was a hit as both the book and the game,i wish they could make the movie

Explorer

I can't remember if I posted in here or not. Duh.

But I would kill for a movie based on The Name of the Wind.
THE GONE SERIES BY MICHAEL GRANT heart heart heart heart

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
The Warriors series by Erin Hunter.

However I worry that the first six books will be crammed into one film and cut out important scenes/details, and characters. Change around the plot and heavily tone down/or cut out the violence. And cut out character deaths.

I would totally say they should make Wicked, maybe even the series, into a movie, but after the recent Oz movie and considering the broadway show (while different from the books) still holding strong, they probably wont want to touch it for a long time now. Unfortunate.

I'd also like to throw out a comic I've always wanted to see done; Rising Stars. It's about a group of kids that suddenly develop super powers. Some can't control them, some aren't very useful (like one guy just has no sense of touch and it actually causes problems). Many of them deal with regular life issues while also dealing with their powers. Well, then they all learn that when each of them dies the power source they all possess is limited and spreads to the rest of them. Uh oh! O.O

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Chaindragger
Ocean by Warren Ellis and Chris Sprouse. Really great sci-fi.
I GUESS a comic book technically counts as a book...how does Sprouse feel about film adaptations though? I know he was a big ABC guy and Moore collaborator, and we all know how he feels about them.

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Origami Chopsticks
I would totally say they should make Wicked, maybe even the series, into a movie, but after the recent Oz movie and considering the broadway show (while different from the books) still holding strong, they probably wont want to touch it for a long time now. Unfortunate.

I'd also like to throw out a comic I've always wanted to see done; Rising Stars. It's about a group of kids that suddenly develop super powers. Some can't control them, some aren't very useful (like one guy just has no sense of touch and it actually causes problems). Many of them deal with regular life issues while also dealing with their powers. Well, then they all learn that when each of them dies the power source they all possess is limited and spreads to the rest of them. Uh oh! O.O
I heard they were planning a TV series for Wicked with Selma Hayek.

Frozen Bilge rat

13,725 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Origami Chopsticks

There can be only one!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces