Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
instead we should have multicultural month where every year we pick a culture and you go and learn about that culture :'3 so that way its fair. like memphis in may
edit

Dapper Capitalist

As someone who identifies with more than one ethnicity I support this idea

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
CreativeButLazy

thank you and BTW epic siggy

Dapper Capitalist

Tsukasa Wave
CreativeButLazy

thank you and BTW epic siggy

Tipsy Exhibitionist

That's not "fair". Shoving all the different cultures into one single month just means none of them get any attention.

Besides which, you clearly have no idea what Black History Month is actually for. It has nothing whatsoever to do with multiculturalism. There is no separate 'culture' to learn about. Black culture is American culture. The black people that are celebrated were born and raised in the United States. They are Americans.

Black History Month is not a 'cultural' celebration. It is specifically for recognizing the contributions black people have made to shaping the United States of America. If these contributions weren't flat out ignored for the whole rest of the year, Black History Month wouldn't be necessary.

"Fair" would be teaching all of Americas history all the time, instead of just the whitewashed parts.

Prophet

Really great idea using a Hetalia picture.

Wheezing Millionaire

I think that would be known as a "foreign exchange program" or "something you should do anyway".

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Also, ******** you for referencing Hetalia in anything. Trivializing the worst atrocities committed by humanity into stupid anime highschool drama is beyond offensive.

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mortok
That's not "fair". Shoving all the different cultures into one single month just means none of them get any attention.

Besides which, you clearly have no idea what Black History Month is actually for. It has nothing whatsoever to do with multiculturalism. There is no separate 'culture' to learn about. Black culture is American culture. The black people that are celebrated were born and raised in the United States. They are Americans.

Black History Month is not a 'cultural' celebration. It is specifically for recognizing the contributions black people have made to shaping the United States of America. If these contributions weren't flat out ignored for the whole rest of the year, Black History Month wouldn't be necessary.

"Fair" would be teaching all of Americas history all the time, instead of just the whitewashed parts.

and here we go the first troll of the night biggrin i dint say "shove all the cultures down people throats (isnt that what there doing with this month?) i said pick one and learn about it. 2. i also dint say BHM had todo with multiculturalism 3. why cant we do other country's? after all in BHM i do also hear alot about Africa and last time i checked that's not in america

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mortok
Also, ******** you for referencing Hetalia in anything. Trivializing the worst atrocities committed by humanity into stupid anime highschool drama is beyond offensive.

the anime has nothing to do with a high school drama dumb a**

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Tsukasa Wave
Mortok

and here we go the first troll of the night biggrin i dint say "shove all the cultures down people throats (isnt that what there doing with this month?) i said pick one and learn about it. 2. i also dint say BHM had todo with multiculturalism 3. why cant we do other country's? after all in BHM i do also hear alot about Africa and last time i checked that's not in america

1. You should be doing that anyway.

2. Then why are you posting irrelevent threads?

3. Maybe because you only listen to retards.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Tsukasa Wave
Mortok

You're right. Trivial bullshit about dating and gossip has nothing to do with highschool at all. rolleyes

Way to miss the point, champ. Do you understand what the Axis Powers actually were? Do you understand what they did? Do you understand how many people they killed?

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mortok
Tsukasa Wave
Mortok

You're right. Trivial bullshit about dating and gossip has nothing to do with highschool at all. rolleyes

Way to miss the point, champ. Do you understand what the Axis Powers actually were? Do you understand what they did? Do you understand how many people they killed?

i know what the nazi's did after all my family is jewish. and if you watch the show its pretty much a funny version of the U.N.

Clocksys's Princess

Fanatical Partygoer

11,275 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It goes with american history. Something that Hentaila (sp?) doesn't get.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Tsukasa Wave
Mortok
Tsukasa Wave
Mortok

i know what the nazi's did after all my family is jewish. and if you watch the show its pretty much a funny version of the U.N.

"FUFUFU! GENOCIDE IS SO KAWAII!!!" heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces